here we go again....... - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to oglejust Send a message via MSN to oglejust Send a message via Yahoo to oglejust
here we go again.......

well ive changed my mind on my bike again.... lol. im going back for more of a chopper look. i have a lot of things i need to do still. ive got to make a stronger headlight bracket, make a seat, make a pillion pad, fill 2 holes in my fender, cut my fender down, bondo 3 spots on my fender, get some 18in ape hangers, get new throttle cables, a longer brake line, longer clutch cable, get a mirror, get a throttle, make some slam brackets, and make new shock studs. so as u can tell, i have my work cut out for me for the next few weeks. i got it to idle a little bit today but my throttle cable is a little messed up so i couldnt rev it at all. but man it sounded goooooooooooooooood when it was at idle lol. not everythings gonna be done at once bc i dont have a job now. ill probably have the stock bars on it for a bit but ill get the apes soon i hope. here r some pix from today.

and this is the pillion pad drawn onto the sheet metal

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

.... slightly modified
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 10:53 AM

Man, you also have to change the tires!!!, jejejeje
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

I got to hand it to you Justin, you keep thinking of new ways to modify your bike! 18 inch apes seem pretty tall - that's got to put your hands higher than your shoulders . . . never riden one like that but it just looks uncomfortable when I see one on the road.

Where are you going to mount the pillion seat? On the rear frame extension or directly on the fender?

You're going with slam brackets and relocated shock studs? If I am following you correctly, that will lay your shock down at a very low angle. Should look pretty cool!

I know you will (!), but keep the pics coming . . .

97 VN 750
R&R Relocated
Degoated
Marbled
Ears Shaved/Rejetted
MF/AGM Battery
Irridium Plugs
Spring Solo Seat
32 Ford Model A Tail Light
Custom 2 into 1 Exhaust with 12 inch Glass Pack

Rear bobbed and hard-tailed!
https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5385

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to oglejust Send a message via MSN to oglejust Send a message via Yahoo to oglejust
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote View Post
Man, you also have to change the tires!!!, jejejeje
yeah i know i def. need tires but i can get that a little bit later... ill talk my dad into buyin that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
I got to hand it to you Justin, you keep thinking of new ways to modify your bike! 18 inch apes seem pretty tall - that's got to put your hands higher than your shoulders . . . never riden one like that but it just looks uncomfortable when I see one on the road.

Where are you going to mount the pillion seat? On the rear frame extension or directly on the fender?

You're going with slam brackets and relocated shock studs? If I am following you correctly, that will lay your shock down at a very low angle. Should look pretty cool!

I know you will (!), but keep the pics coming . . .
yeah the 18in apes will put my hands a little bit above my shoulders but everyone ive talked to that had 16in apes say to go w/ 18's instead. the pillion pad will go on the rear extension, i just think a 2 piece seat will look cool lol. the slam brackets will just pull the bottom shock mount back a little bit so it will lower it 2-2.5 inches. i have to replace the studs when i make the slam bracks tho bc the threads are trashed.

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

.... slightly modified
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 07:45 PM

Change is good.When my back is better I plan on starting in on mine again.Some fender mods,head & tail lights and some mini turnsignals.Also changing the paint again.And if I go with the shocks I'm looking at I'll make you a REALLY Good deal on my slammer brackets if you want them Justin.

Brian Manchester
'89 "GRIMM"

CUSTOM-Seat,quick detach backrest,2.5"slam brackets,Pipes,Fender struts,head light mount,9"rise dragbars,Grips,Mirrors, turnsignals,LED brake light/Lic.plate frame,Chopper headlight. Shaved,Jetted,coastered,polished forks,saddle&Tool bags,horns moved,180/70/15 rear tire!!! Yes a 180!!!!And other stuff.....
Springfield 1911-A1 Compact .45acp

03 F250 superduty 4x4 V-10 crew cab long box 33's,CAI,SS duals with magnaflow

04 durango AWD
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMan23777 View Post
Change is good.When my back is better I plan on starting in on mine again.Some fender mods,head & tail lights and some mini turnsignals.Also changing the paint again.And if I go with the shocks I'm looking at I'll make you a REALLY Good deal on my slammer brackets if you want them Justin.
i pm'ed u

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

.... slightly modified
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

i ended up just cutting down my stock seat and wrapping it in some deer skin, im sure some people will like it and some will not, its a matter of opinion, therefore i wont be mad if u say u dont like it. here r some pix of the seat and some w/ it on the bike. i put my stock bars back on but they look different bc theres not as much on them so it looks kinda cool. btw the seat has a bump in it towards the front that ull notice in the last of the seat pix, it makes it to where i down slide forward and its really comfortable.

i put a horrible scratch in my tank last night... it made my heart drop but maybe ill just paint my tank.

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

.... slightly modified
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

.... slightly modified
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

today im going to try to get the dash done. im making a dash out of sheet metal that will cover up there space where the gas gauge went. ill mount my push button start, my headlight high/low switch and my lights cut off switch(still have to wire) in it, this will make it to where theres no electrical wires on my handlebars. but u gotta remember i dont have horns, turn signals, hazards, or a run/off switch(wired directly to the on position).

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

.... slightly modified
Sponsored Links
Advertisement