Members who have donated towards server costs
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Manassas, VA
Just finished up my weekend maintenance and mBobber is running agian! I got the following done -
* Installed NGK Iridium spark plugs
* Completed my spline lube (and all the other lube oportunities with the final drive removed - just printed and followed the excellent instructions)
* Drained and filled the final drive with synthetic gear oil
* Drained, filled and bled the cooling system
* Changed the oil and oil filter (I'll leave it at that except to say I had to get non-synthectic motorcycle 10W-40 - it's all I could find late last night)
With all that done it started right up and seemed to run very smooth. I just started it in the garage and let it warm up to operating temp. I have not road tested it yet due to the cold and wet roads.
I guess I was lucky on the splines. They still had a small amount of grease (very small!), but the splines are in great shape. So they should be good for a while.
I also ordered my new jets (#42 pilots and #140/#142 mains) - they should be in next week.
Happy New Year to everyone - may all your rides be safe!
97 VN 750
Spring Solo Seat
32 Ford Model A Tail Light
Custom 2 into 1 Exhaust with 12 inch Glass Pack
Rear bobbed and hard-tailed!