Amsoil Man - Please Read! - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Amsoil Man - Please Read!

Here's your post on another thread . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsoil Man View Post
You know I cannot believe what I read from most bikers.They dont even know the difference between AUTO oil or MOTORCYCLE oil.I have tried to inform people to what they should use for the best results for thier investment.I have hear stories here about thier bike using 1or 2 qts of oil per change.only 25,000 miles on it.Or MY BIKE RUNS HOT..Well da!Im just really suprised that smart people would just turn their cheek to the STUFF that worked 50yrs ago is good enough for them..Come out of the Ice age and get connected to the future.Ask Rouse racing.They have used nothing BUT AMSOIL products( in all of their whole cars)for 13yrs now.Well if anyone wants to get informed and no hear say please contact myself for the info. Putting car oil in a wet clutch engine case!!!!!!!! Amsoil man.
First I don't appreciate being ridiculed and found your post rather insulting as should "most bikers" whom you obviously find ignorant.

Have you read this thread in in its entirety?

https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5934

I did not post to that that thread even though I share the same thoughts about your sales pitch posts because I didn't want it to seem like I was piling on. I thought what others said would get the point across. We welcome your posts about your VN750, but keep the sales propaganda and recruiting to the Vendor forum.

But all that said, this is not about the product Amsoil. Amsoil is probably a pretty good synthetic oil. This is all about MLM and making money. You can of course show each of us how to buy Amsoil at COST, yup COST, but how much money goes into your pocket when we buy at cost? Amsoil is Multi-Level Marketing. It's a pyramid scheme. Not an ILLEGAL pyramid scheme, but a pyramid scheme non-the-less - no matter what your company brochures say.

97 VN 750
R&R Relocated
Degoated
Marbled
Ears Shaved/Rejetted
MF/AGM Battery
Irridium Plugs
Spring Solo Seat
32 Ford Model A Tail Light
Custom 2 into 1 Exhaust with 12 inch Glass Pack

Rear bobbed and hard-tailed!
https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5385

Last edited by Scoop; 12-31-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 11:31 AM
Old Fart

Garage
I am also somewhat insulted but most befuddled, as there have been several posts here that, in effect, have told you to stop your Amsoil preaching, and I know for a fact that our administrator DMAG has sent you a personal message asking you to "tone down your sales pitch"..because I sent him an email last week asking him too and explaining my (and others here) feelings about your tactics.
Christ man, you post more of your Amsoil crap right after my post that says:

"Uh yeah, I don't think anyone here now will ever buy any Amsoil product, especialy from you. But don't YOU feel insulted, we are just tired of hearing your gospel. Like Amway or Jehovahs Witnesses we just are going to pretend we aren't home....................."

Can you not read?

I think it is getting to the point now that you will need to first appologise to everyone, and completely stop mentioning Amsoil products again...or...we will insist on you being banned from this group. Savy?

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 12:46 PM
Giggity!

Garage

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 01:08 PM
Search Goddess

If the constant "Selling were going on in the Yahoo group, the person doing so would be placed on moderated status until either the sales pitches stopped or the user was banned.
Here on the forum we have other options..
There are icons on the left of the time date stamp on each post

Not sure if you guys see them all but the reputation and report post icons you should available to all.
Infractions can be given for the following
Infraction Level, Title Points, Expires, Warning
Inappropriate Language, 1, 10 Day(s)
Insulted Other Member(s), 1, 10 Day(s)
Signature Rule Violation, 1, 10 Day(s)
Spammed Advertisements, 1, 10 Day(s)
Insta-Ban, 20, Never

Please use these icons and remember, reputations can be marked as good also.

(It's gonna be a looong winter )

Dianna
Conway, AR
Patriot Guard Rider
2000 VN750 Sere (Serendipity)
1990 GL1500 (Ole Blue)
1986 VN750 EVie (project bike, heavy custom)
VROC # 11628 / 25000-H
ARVROC # 12 Coordinator and Crowd Control
OKVROC # 18 (H)
TNVROC # 45 (H)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 01:26 PM

I've always wondered what those little icons were for. Where can we actually see a listing? Even when I post something on the upper right corner where it says my location there is a "My E-Bay" thingy. I don't know what that means or why it's there. Interesting. I've never used E-bay in my life.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 02:01 PM
Search Goddess

I'm not sure if there is a list but when in doubt, click on an icon and see what happens. Most icons give a description if you just mouse over it without clicking.

Dianna
Conway, AR
Patriot Guard Rider
2000 VN750 Sere (Serendipity)
1990 GL1500 (Ole Blue)
1986 VN750 EVie (project bike, heavy custom)
VROC # 11628 / 25000-H
ARVROC # 12 Coordinator and Crowd Control
OKVROC # 18 (H)
TNVROC # 45 (H)
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifemaker View Post
. . . Christ man, you post more of your Amsoil crap right after my post that says:

"Uh yeah, I don't think anyone here now will ever buy any Amsoil product, especialy from you. But don't YOU feel insulted, we are just tired of hearing your gospel. Like Amway or Jehovahs Witnesses we just are going to pretend we aren't home....................."

Can you not read?
That's exactly what prompted me to put this in a new thread. No apology, no explanation - just right back into a very condescending sales pitch:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsoil Man View Post
Again please read real info not someones hear say.
http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g2156.pdf Nobody else will do this..Check it out and consume the buffet of info.Then take some time to ingest it and feel better about your knowledge of lubricants. Amsoil man .. /;o)
I just hope Amsoil Man can consume THIS buffet of info . . .

97 VN 750
R&R Relocated
Degoated
Marbled
Ears Shaved/Rejetted
MF/AGM Battery
Irridium Plugs
Spring Solo Seat
32 Ford Model A Tail Light
Custom 2 into 1 Exhaust with 12 inch Glass Pack

Rear bobbed and hard-tailed!
https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5385
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 07:01 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

wow! so i'm not the only one and all this time i though it was just me!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 12:47 AM

It's not just you!!

Brian Manchester
'89 "GRIMM"

CUSTOM-Seat,quick detach backrest,2.5"slam brackets,Pipes,Fender struts,head light mount,9"rise dragbars,Grips,Mirrors, turnsignals,LED brake light/Lic.plate frame,Chopper headlight. Shaved,Jetted,coastered,polished forks,saddle&Tool bags,horns moved,180/70/15 rear tire!!! Yes a 180!!!!And other stuff.....
Springfield 1911-A1 Compact .45acp

03 F250 superduty 4x4 V-10 crew cab long box 33's,CAI,SS duals with magnaflow

04 durango AWD
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 01:19 AM
85 VN 700

Who else did he PM spam?

His original PM and my responses follow...

Him: (unsolicited PM)
Curtis: Now if I showed ya how to purchase AMSOIL and MOTHERS products at cost would ya be interested? Amsoil Man/;o)

Me:
Depends on what cost is...

Him:
Curtis: Now when did cost become a factor on taking the BEST care of our equipment.
List n 10w40 Motorcycle oil(mcf-qt)(which is what our bike manuf.recomends) $8.95 Plus S/H $.84 Total of $9.79

Cost:$6.70 Plus $.84=$7.54
Of course it becomes less expense if ya buy more.Now to purchase at Cost you must become a Prefered Customer/Dealer.Cost is $20yr/$30 yr.
If I can be of any further service please let me know Amsoil Man signin off.. Oh ya P.S. You can also run 2/3 times longer for and extended use with our products.Our products are the only in the business that gives you a warranty on it...

Me:
Originally Posted by curtis97322
I ride an 85 vulcan, I put good but reasonably priced stuff in it, I change the oil far more than I should.

Amsoil may be good stuff, but it's not worth 7.54 per quart to me (And sure as hell isn't worth 9.79) - at the rate I burn oil (which I'd do with amsoil too) I'm better off with my rotella T and oil changes every 2000 miles (still cheaper than Amsoil every 8000 even IF I didn't burn oil).

The main differences in Rotella T and Amsoil are going to be after a few thousand miles - since my oil is usually changed by then, I'd see no difference.

I'll try amsoil when It's less than $4 a quart and on store shelves... till then, I'll stick with Rotella T

Curtis

Him:
Curtis: Now when your bike uses oil it was BECAUSE you used that PROCESSED DIRT..Im not pointing fingers but as I stated ROTULLA has the fastest evoporation rate of any oil..Listen what Ive said EVAPORATION RATE!!! Now if you are looking for low cost lubricants to use Please be my guest and go to Quick change oil and purchase their drain oil for only $.25 per qt.I just cant understand what someone would jeperdise they investment and use dirt to lubricate your investment..Now just show me how many professional racers use ROTELLA T..Thanks for the conversation but I can see you are not of doing their best for their investment..Ya use Rotella T in your car and truck..??? /;-) If you want to read the truth about lubricants please contact myself back..Have a Nice day..Today is a forfilling day..You agree?..Amsoil Man...

Do note that I didn't edit either side of the conversation (might help his selling ability if he ran things through spellcheck...)

Curtis - Albany Oregon.
Currently receiving therapy from "Doc" - My 1985 VN700.

Daily rider in NorthWET Oregon.
Ammo Can Saddlebags
Shaved and Rejetted. Coastered. Degoated w/ Hardley pipes.

Bought Feb 2007 with 12K miles.
Hit the 24k mile July 2008

http://photobucket.com/curtis97322
Sponsored Links
Advertisement