looking for my friend' vn750 ...... - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 04:11 AM Thread Starter
Chucklehead

looking for my friend' vn750 ......

Being new to this forum, I thought I might be able to find the bike that got away on me. It was a classic example of two friends, one with a bike and the other a painter, getting a wild hair to repaint the bike one winter. What started as changing it from red and black to blue soon turned into a one-off wild graphic design and repainting everything we could remove from the bike. After it was done we took it to a few shows, won a couple of trophies and he enjoyed riding it every chance he got. Afew years later he suffered a back injury and couldn't ride, I wasn't in any financial situation to buy the bike and sadly watched it ride off into the sunset. Just this past year I finally was able to get my own and am planning to reproduce the artwork to a point (wouldn't be right to do it exactly) but I can't find any of the pictures I had, most likely due to an ex. Mostly I'm curious if it's still intact and being enjoyed and if I could get a few pictures of it for my album. Last I knew it was heading for the Chicago area but then I have been known to be mistaken. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 08:49 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Check out the 750 on the bottom of of this page I stole from Bulldog's site.

http://www.bulldogsbike.com/riderepo...ngels_2005.htm

Could it possibly be this bike, Bulldog, Chad and I see it every now and then at Charity rides in the Chicago area and I think Bulldog even knows the owner. If this is the bike, the bike has a ton of miles, but is very well maintained and the owner is one heck of a nice guy.........

Stevie D.
Chicago
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 06:12 AM Thread Starter
Chucklehead

Not the bike .... but I like it. The primary colors I used were Dodge radiant blue (PB3) Ford denim blue pearl (KY) and GM saphire black (WA 9559) I think the most unnique part of the job was the 2-tone on the air cleaner inserts, a real headache to do but worth it. I'll have to get down there this next season providing I get the base gaskets done this winter. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement