Gas tank - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Gas tank

Anybody know if a tank & fenders from a 93 VN750 will fit on a 92???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Send a message via Skype™ to 93VN750
Almost certain they will, check the part numbers on Ron Ayers site, should be the same.

Jon

93VN750, under re-construction
vn750.com Member # 828

Rick's Stator and R/R
MF AGM Battery
Coastered
Degoated
Shaved & Jetted
Iridium's
MAC Tapered Staggered Pipes
Battery/Temp/Clock Gauge
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Dunlop D-404's
23,XXX miles and holding pending gasket change (underway!!!)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Got it...thanks. Part numbers are the same. Appreciated.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Once Banned

Check the Vulcan Verses. There's a list in there somewhere for the differences between the years. The other thing - you're in California, and I think there might be a difference in the California tanks, as in an atmospheric pipe or some such.

2000 A16
Drilled baffles
$65 leather saddle bags
Kuryaken grips
relocated R/R
de-badged
25,000+ original owner miles
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. I won't be in California for much longer, so I can make adjustments where necessary. Much appreciated....
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Growling at the World...

Send a message via Yahoo to bulldog485
Congrats on your win... I'm surprised that our Search Goddess didn't snipe them...

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
http://www.bulldogsbike.com
2006 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic FLHTCUI ~ The Big Black Bitch ~ 26,000 miles.
2002 Kawasaki Nomad 1500 ~ The Red Dog ~ Traded in at 22,000 miles of smiles (purchased new 10/05 / Traded in 6/12).
1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 ~ Black Betty ~ 34,999.7 miles
VROC ~v~ 485
McHenry County Road Pirates
Chicagoland, IL
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Lost it in the last few minutes. Snaked again, oh well....such is life.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Growling at the World...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassack View Post
Lost it in the last few minutes. Snaked again, oh well....such is life.
You are not CASSMAN92??? Thought you were. That auction was a total ego-bidding diaster all the way...

Chad and I were watching that auction with interest. If I had a paint set-up or a cheap painter, I would have gotten involved in it.

OK, I've looked over that auction's bid history and here is my thoughts on how that auction could have been won.

See the bid history: http://offer.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/...m=330195253243

Our Search Goddess taught me a hard lession a long time ago. In eBay, everything goes and there are no friends. Harsh but true. I fully subscribe to the motto "All's fair in Love and eBay"... Long ago, there was something I really wanted for my VN750. Dianna beat me in the last 4 seconds of the auction. She wanted it more then I did. So, I emailed her and asked her what she did to ensure the win. She told me the plain and simple truth, that she wanted it more and that she would not allow her bid to go in with enought time to cause "ego bidding". She used a service to snipe her bid at the last few seconds. It costs money to use, but if used wisely, it saves money. Sometimes a lot of money...

That week, I really wanted a air compressor in my area that was pick-up only. It was a $275 Craftsman compressor that had the bidding starting around $40.00. I put in my bid and quickly got outbid. I went up to $60 before I realised that my own ego was driving the bid up with two days to go. I signed up with the same snipe service that Dianna told me about and placed my snipe for $160, which would hit in the last 4 seconds of the auction. In the last 5 minutes, two bidders were dollar bidding against each other and had managed to raise it to $110 or so. With 4 seconds left, my $160 went in and I won it for $114.75. NOT BAD. By placing my bid with 4 seconds left, it kept the others ego's from bidding it up more then they already had. Granted, if someone had a proxy bid of $162 or more in already, all my bid would have done would have been to drive up the price in the last 4 seconds, but in this case bidding smart saved me a lot of money. The seller was kinda pissed as he hoped that ego would net him a nice payday. He never left me feedback, but hey - I got a $275 brand new compressor for $115, so I live with it

In the end, it is about who wants it more. By using a snipe service, I just remove my (rather large) ego from the bidding contest. I place my snipe and walk away. If I win, I win. If not, I know that someone wanted it more then I did - but they paid dearly for it

All's Fair in Love and eBay...

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
2006 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic FLHTCUI ~ The Big Black Bitch ~ 26,000 miles.
2002 Kawasaki Nomad 1500 ~ The Red Dog ~ Traded in at 22,000 miles of smiles (purchased new 10/05 / Traded in 6/12).
VROC ~v~ 485
Chicagoland, IL
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Interesting and informative reply. Nope, I'm not Cassman but I can see where that would be easily assumed given my moniker on this forum. I'm new to the EBay world and am learning the ropes. I'm not heartbroken over the loss as I only wanted it for spares and to try my hand at some custom paintwork. I've done some painting in the past and have some airbrush skills that I'd like to carry over from my other hobby (fish taxidermy); however, I'm not so confident in those skills and the new medium where I was willing to take a chance on my actual bike tank. Probably better to practice on the brain pan first then move to the bike. Thanks for the info......Respects, Cassack
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Growling at the World...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassack View Post
Interesting and informative reply. Nope, I'm not Cassman but I can see where that would be easily assumed given my moniker on this forum. I'm new to the EBay world and am learning the ropes. I'm not heartbroken over the loss as I only wanted it for spares and to try my hand at some custom paintwork. I've done some painting in the past and have some airbrush skills that I'd like to carry over from my other hobby (fish taxidermy); however, I'm not so confident in those skills and the new medium where I was willing to take a chance on my actual bike tank. Probably better to practice on the brain pan first then move to the bike. Thanks for the info......Respects, Cassack
My first step into the wonderful world of eBay was in December 1999. There was a tin set for the VN750 that someone in Washington state painted up and had for sale as they were "clearing out their shop". I spotted it for $29.99 starting bid with a week to go. I bid on it and everything looked good. Last 10 minutes all hell broke loose and the ego bidding took control with me throwing my newbie bids in too. At 1 minute left, I was on top with $89 or so on the auction. I was sure that I had won...
Keep in mind, this was back when dial-up was the king... With less then 20 seconds I got outbid and managed to put in one more bid and my computer locked up for 5 seconds or so while the dial-up processed my request. Needless to say, I lost. Not knowing how to play the game and being so new, I was an easy opponent to beat. I was crushed..

Looking back, I'm sure as hell glad that I didn't win that custom painted tin set as it was UGLY... Purples with yellows and red, IIRC. Yuck!!!

Since then, I've won many parts and pieces for my VN750 including the current tank and fenderset that I had custom painted on the bike now. I never modify my parts unless I have spares in case I dork them up.

I've learned a lot in the past 8 years about eBay and what I'm willing to spend for something. I told Chad that the set up for auction should go for around $65 or so. I wonder what Cassman92's high bid was. He got a good deal, not a great deal. I hope it works out for him...

If you need a rear fender to practice on, I've got a few extra's in my parts department. Let me know...

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
VROC ~v~ 485
Chicagoland, IL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement