why vulcan? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

why vulcan?

i chose a vulcan be cause of style, shaft drive, water Cooling ,( proven over 20 years) 750 power, and price. pretty much in that order. reputation of kawa. engineering was also a factor.. sat on it, never heard it run, but it has been a great decision. enjoyed 11,400 miles since sept 2006:ride safe carryflag
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 01:13 PM

I bought it because I was about to go finance something new and my boss said he had a bike he wanted to sell. I took a look at it and he sold it to me for under $150. He gave me a bunch of extras that went with it that where worth more than that and the bike has had zero problem and looked great. Now I'm changing it to give it my own style. But its a great bike for what I paid for it.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Old Truck Junkie

I found it in the paper 2 yrs ago. It had 12K miles 2,000$ looked good, bigger then the 454 ltd ran great so I bought it. Name brand had nothing to with it.
I have sure enjoyed it really well, especially now that I found this forum.

02 honda sabre 1100

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

Pretty much the same here as aradams... My last bike was a new 80s Honda 700 Shadow, pretty much the same style bike but with guite a bit less get up and go, had rectifier problems with it, so I guess that is about a common problem... My first Vulcan VN750 was an 03 Mod. which I put 12-13,00 mi. on before trading for the 06... I don't know what we will have to go to if we buy another bike of this sort as Kaw. has discontinued the VN750 as I understand... Maybe the Sportster or something, but till something happens to my Vulcan I will stick with it... I just don't like the classic type bikes, I like the size and power of my VN750, or something simuliar... The only thing I would change on it is, I would like a slightly taller 5th gear, I have about worn a hole in the top of my left shoe trying to find 6th...lol...
Have a good one Old Dog...

Last edited by Old Dog; 11-14-2007 at 04:10 PM.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 04:05 PM

I liked the looks of the bike ever since the first second I saw it in the showroom. It felt good to sit on and I like the instruments up top. I really wanted a 900LT but I think things worked out better for me this way. Besides.... the old lady had just won $8K at bingo and the bike was less than that so it was free anyway from a certain perspective. PAID for! But the bike has filled a wonderful niche and I'll keep it forever since this is the last year for it. I didn't know that when I bought it and it wouldn't have mattered anyway. When I go to a bigger bike someday I'll still have this one in the garage for fun runs.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 04:53 PM

like they say...first impression .....of course i have done some research about Kawa....but i just really like the looks of the bike ...it has this 80s style that i like .....
Overall Kawa exceded all my expectation.....love it

PEACE!!!

2005 Vulcan 750
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Rider on the Storm

Garage
Thumbs up Happy with My Vulcan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aradams View Post
i chose a vulcan be cause of style, shaft drive, water Cooling ,( proven over 20 years) 750 power, and price. pretty much in that order. reputation of kawa. engineering was also a factor.. sat on it, never heard it run, but it has been a great decision. enjoyed 11,400 miles since sept 2006:ride safe carryflag
This is pretty much why I bought the VN 750. My last bike was a Honda Nighthawk 750 (early 1990s), and I was looking for something similar in 2006. About the only street machine I could find (that wasn't a crotch rocket or a dual sport) was the VN 750. I've put over 9,000 miles on it since buying it in May, 2006 and I continue to be very happy with it.

EZC

post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Giggity!

Garage
I was really just looking for a water cooled bike in my price range. Also being my first bike, when I say how good of shape it was & the miles were right. I couldn't pass it up. Since I've bought it I don't think I could have made a better choice in this class of bike.!
P.S. 11,000 since mid may 07.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 07:31 PM

because I was able to trade a shot 73 super beetle for some kind of motorcycle basketcase in my cousins barn
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 07:40 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Send a message via Skype™ to 93VN750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
Pretty much the same here as aradams... My last bike was a new 80s Honda 700 Shadow, pretty much the same style bike but with guite a bit less get up and go, had rectifier problems with it, so I guess that is about a common problem... My first Vulcan VN750 was an 03 Mod. which I put 12-13,00 mi. on before trading for the 06... I don't know what we will have to go to if we buy another bike of this sort as Kaw. has discontinued the VN750 as I understand... Maybe the Sportster or something, but till something happens to my Vulcan I will stick with it... I just don't like the classic type bikes, I like the size and power of my VN750, or something simuliar... The only thing I would change on it is, I would like a slightly taller 5th gear, I have about worn a hole in the top of my left shoe trying to find 6th...lol...
Have a good one Old Dog...
I recently (due to problems with my 750) moved up to something bigger. If you like twin, overhead cam, water cooled, shaft drive bikes, consider a Kawasaki Meanstreak. I love mine. Plus, it's still a Vulcan !!

It is kind of like a vn750 on steroids.

Jon

93VN750, under re-construction
vn750.com Member # 828

Rick's Stator and R/R
MF AGM Battery
Coastered
Degoated
Shaved & Jetted
Iridium's
MAC Tapered Staggered Pipes
Battery/Temp/Clock Gauge
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Dunlop D-404's
23,XXX miles and holding pending gasket change (underway!!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement