VN750 Rear Fender - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy VN750 Rear Fender

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anybody knew of any aftermarket or rear fenders from other bikes i could swap out for the stock 750 fender? I am overhauling a bike i picked up this summer and want to customize it over the winter. I want to give the bike a lower stance look without sacrificing too much tire clearance. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated , since i am realizing now how hard it can be to find certain parts. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 08:32 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Until a year or two ago, there were fiberglass fenders (front & rear) made in Europe. You might get lucky and still find one but with the exchange rate it will not be cheap.

Deuce (Loran Naperville IL)
1995 VN750 (Black w/ 2004 tins - no teal)
2003 VN750
Both have: - F&S Bags & brackets
- Corbin seat w backrest
- Progressive suspension.
- Kury iso goldwing grips
2 1983 V65 Magnas
2 1985 V65 Mangas (1 which is in many parts)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 08:56 AM

Depends on what your looking for. I'm bobbiing my bike and using a trailer fender. I haven't seen much in the way of aftermarket finders. You can more than likely find a blank from Paugho that might work as well. If you want a stock rear fender let me know I have one that I'd be willing to part with for fairly cheap.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 10:56 AM

Most custom bike parts suppliers have fenders in different widths and styles.you'll have to figure out some mounts but it can be done.

Brian Manchester
'89 "GRIMM"

CUSTOM-Seat,quick detach backrest,2.5"slam brackets,Pipes,Fender struts,head light mount,9"rise dragbars,Grips,Mirrors, turnsignals,LED brake light/Lic.plate frame,Chopper headlight. Shaved,Jetted,coastered,polished forks,saddle&Tool bags,horns moved,180/70/15 rear tire!!! Yes a 180!!!!And other stuff.....
Springfield 1911-A1 Compact .45acp

03 F250 superduty 4x4 V-10 crew cab long box 33's,CAI,SS duals with magnaflow

04 durango AWD
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy1978 View Post
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anybody knew of any aftermarket or rear fenders from other bikes i could swap out for the stock 750 fender? I am overhauling a bike i picked up this summer and want to customize it over the winter. I want to give the bike a lower stance look without sacrificing too much tire clearance. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated , since i am realizing now how hard it can be to find certain parts. Thanks
I used a trailer fender I cut to fit. I hardtailed the frame so I don't have any clearance issues with the rear suspension. I suppose you could mount the fender on the swing arm instead of the frame and mount it very close to the tire. Here are some pics of what I did.

Here is the trailer fender blank

Here is it cut with the struts mounted.

And here it is on the bike.

It would not be hard to mount this kind of fender on the frame using the original attachment points.

Good luck with yours!

97 VN 750
R&R Relocated
Degoated
Marbled
Ears Shaved/Rejetted
MF/AGM Battery
Irridium Plugs
Spring Solo Seat
32 Ford Model A Tail Light
Custom 2 into 1 Exhaust with 12 inch Glass Pack

Rear bobbed and hard-tailed!
https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5385

Last edited by Scoop; 11-12-2007 at 03:35 PM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 07:47 PM

It's ironic I suppose but I've been thinking for several days now about posting a thread asking if anyone knew of any custom fenders also. I want my rear fender to extend downwards another 6 to 9 inches if possible. Getting a stripe of dirty water drawn on my back every time I ride in the wet is something that I really............... dislike.
I'm more interested in the rear fender but extending the front 6 inches or so would be nice, too.
I'm surprised that there seems to be a vacuum of products available.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Long and Prosper View Post
It's ironic I suppose but I've been thinking for several days now about posting a thread asking if anyone knew of any custom fenders also. I want my rear fender to extend downwards another 6 to 9 inches if possible. Getting a stripe of dirty water drawn on my back every time I ride in the wet is something that I really............... dislike.
I'm more interested in the rear fender but extending the front 6 inches or so would be nice, too.
I'm surprised that there seems to be a vacuum of products available.
The trailer fender obviously would not work as a total replacement to do what you want - the radiused portion is too short to wrap around as much as you would need. Why not leave the orignal fender and simply add a drop down piece 6 to 9 inches? Similar to what Kawasaki and Honda add to their sport bikes under the rear body piece? You could make it out of a trailer fender or even out of thick moulded rubber. Just a thought.

97 VN 750
R&R Relocated
Degoated
Marbled
Ears Shaved/Rejetted
MF/AGM Battery
Irridium Plugs
Spring Solo Seat
32 Ford Model A Tail Light
Custom 2 into 1 Exhaust with 12 inch Glass Pack

Rear bobbed and hard-tailed!
https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5385

Last edited by Scoop; 11-12-2007 at 09:12 PM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 09:05 PM

Another option would be to get a spare front and rear fender cut and weld them on to your fenders to extend them.

Brian Manchester
'89 "GRIMM"

CUSTOM-Seat,quick detach backrest,2.5"slam brackets,Pipes,Fender struts,head light mount,9"rise dragbars,Grips,Mirrors, turnsignals,LED brake light/Lic.plate frame,Chopper headlight. Shaved,Jetted,coastered,polished forks,saddle&Tool bags,horns moved,180/70/15 rear tire!!! Yes a 180!!!!And other stuff.....
Springfield 1911-A1 Compact .45acp

03 F250 superduty 4x4 V-10 crew cab long box 33's,CAI,SS duals with magnaflow

04 durango AWD
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 06:00 PM

I'll probably go the route of getting spare fenders and having someone local do the cutting/welding/painting for me.
I haven't had the time recently to actually LOOK to see how much difficulty there is in pulling the rear fender but if I got this done and it's not an all day affair to pull/replace the fender then I might even actually have a summer and winter fender arrangement.
Here in the North West summer and winter equate to not raining and raining.
But I was hoping that someone knew where I could go to find a fender or fenders already ready to bolt on.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 12:35 PM

Im thinking about going to a hardtail and fabing a new mount so i can put a fender from a newer model shadow or HD rear fender....i want the back to be lower than stock for a more smooth look....any comments?

2003 vn750...no mods yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement