Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SoCal (SF Valley) 91343
Yep, borke it good! Just kidding. I saw that in a few posts so that was the first thing I kept an eye on. Got all my cables hooked up and they look fantastic! MotionPro Armor Coat cables rock! I installed the Galfer brake lines and pads and essentially put everything together at this point. One glitch that came up is when I removed the tank, all of a sudden I got a coolant leak from the water pipe on the rear cylinder at the top of the head. No reason, it just started dripping. A quick trip to Kawi dealer fixed it, but man was that a pig to get out and reinstall. The o ring was so deformed it looked like an old rubber band. The front brakes are still dry. I'll be finishing that up in the morning. But I couldn't wait to see if it would fire, considering everything that I took apart / disconnected today. Put the key in and she fired right up, no choke, no gas. ROCK! It's pretty satisfying to wrench that much on the bike and have it turn out right. Thanks to Verses and all those that contribute to the forum. Without the info I got here, I wouldn't have been able to pull this off.
And yes, I meant rubber side down! Ride your ride and stay alive!