Jardine Forward controls...I have a favor to ask - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Jardine Forward controls...I have a favor to ask

As they are the only ones to make forward controls for our bike that are pretty pricey I'm thinking about making my own. What I'd like to see is if anyone that has a set can make a rough drawing with some basic overall dimensions of what they are and post it here. I'm still checking into material prices and stuff like that but I've got to think I can make some for way less than what they are asking for them. If it goes well I'd be more than happy to have some additional sets made up for whatever the price of materials and machine time I may have that I can't do myself would add up too.

Any help with this would be appreciated. Its starting to get cold outside and I'm planning on spending sometime in the shop this winter working on the my 750 so in the spring it comes out looking totally different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 10:34 PM

I asked the same question a while back as I am in the process of fabricating my own rite now.the jardines are about 5" forward and 1" up from the stock pegs.But what almost everyone said was they would prefer it without the 1" up so that is what we are going with.They also have to come out about 2" to clear the front headpipe.I have a friend of mine helping me who is a great at fabing things up and has done a few forward controls before.I'm hoping to have them done real soon he's making up the mounting plates now from the design I gave him and we are going to get together and fit everything to the bike soon.

Brian Manchester
'89 "GRIMM"

CUSTOM-Seat,quick detach backrest,2.5"slam brackets,Pipes,Fender struts,head light mount,9"rise dragbars,Grips,Mirrors, turnsignals,LED brake light/Lic.plate frame,Chopper headlight. Shaved,Jetted,coastered,polished forks,saddle&Tool bags,horns moved,180/70/15 rear tire!!! Yes a 180!!!!And other stuff.....
Springfield 1911-A1 Compact .45acp

03 F250 superduty 4x4 V-10 crew cab long box 33's,CAI,SS duals with magnaflow

04 durango AWD
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Awesome. Once you get it done if you'd care to share it would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMan23777 View Post
I asked the same question a while back as I am in the process of fabricating my own rite now.the jardines are about 5" forward and 1" up from the stock pegs.But what almost everyone said was they would prefer it without the 1" up so that is what we are going with.They also have to come out about 2" to clear the front headpipe.I have a friend of mine helping me who is a great at fabing things up and has done a few forward controls before.I'm hoping to have them done real soon he's making up the mounting plates now from the design I gave him and we are going to get together and fit everything to the bike soon.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 06:39 PM

I'm going to post pics of the process and the final pieces.Here is pics of the pegs I picked up for them.

https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5548

Brian Manchester
'89 "GRIMM"

CUSTOM-Seat,quick detach backrest,2.5"slam brackets,Pipes,Fender struts,head light mount,9"rise dragbars,Grips,Mirrors, turnsignals,LED brake light/Lic.plate frame,Chopper headlight. Shaved,Jetted,coastered,polished forks,saddle&Tool bags,horns moved,180/70/15 rear tire!!! Yes a 180!!!!And other stuff.....

04 durango AWD
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 06:50 PM

Buy the way I just checked out the picks of your bike in the gallery,real nice.I really like those bars!!!!! But for some reason I think I've seen them some where before.........LOL

Brian Manchester
'89 "GRIMM"

04 durango AWD
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks...I don't know why those bars look firmilar to you...lol...actually those where a great find...it was exactly what I was looking when I saw them on your bike...and you couldn't beat the price...so much more comfortable.

Bikes got a long way to go over winter....got the solo seat now I just need to get it all mounted and mock up the rear fender and get everything chopped to where i want it to be and clean up the gauges and stuff up front with a digital.....but the forward controls are a must...now that I'm sitting down lower with the new seat for sure..

I like the pegs your using...are those plastic? Or some sort of anonodized alum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMan23777 View Post
Buy the way I just checked out the picks of your bike in the gallery,real nice.I really like those bars!!!!! But for some reason I think I've seen them some where before.........LOL
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 10:33 AM

The pegs are PRO1 billet aluminium pegs that they milled with the wrong design so they didn't match the catalog.So now thanks to ebay I have a set of one of a kind custom pegs.I'm looking at a long list this winter too,trim down fenders,make solo seat,new turn signals&taillight,paint frame, Re paint all the tins and wheels,This week it's getting slip on straight cut drag pipes that I found on e bay for $26,and the list goes on and on...........

Brian Manchester
'89 "GRIMM"

04 durango AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement