New Bike Pics - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

New Bike Pics

Well, we got our new bike! I can't believe how nice it rides. I'm so used to being in 5th gear for almost anything past 45-50mph. This bike, you are chugging along in 4th at that speed. It handles the curves better than expected and the acceleration is more than adequate. The passing power gives you confidence. Imagine this- the stock seat is comfortable! We're going to have to add some bar risers to make my wife totally comfortable, but for me, it's already there. I'm not a loud pipe guy, but this bike is almost too quiet. Not nearly as loud as a stock 750. It has a nice sound to it though, you can hear the power coming from the motor.

So far the mods are a Memphis Fats windshield, and some Kury iso-grips. The grips took about 10 minutes to put on- the throttle side has the hookups for the cables built in so you slide the entire grip off in one piece- not like the 750 where I had to break out the sander to grind down the ribs to get the grip to slide on! I also did a license plate lay down by removing the plate holder bracket and bolting the plate holder directly to the fender. It really smooths out the flow of the back fender.

The main mods to come, over time, will be a solo fender rack to complete the rear end look, some highway bars (we'll add the pegs we took off the 750), some EZ brackets and bags, and chrome fender tips. After that it'll be little stuff for eye candy.

Here's a couple pics:

Sparkle paint.

Side view
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Very nice looking bike!

97 VN 750
R&R Relocated
Degoated
Marbled
Ears Shaved/Rejetted
MF/AGM Battery
Irridium Plugs
Spring Solo Seat
32 Ford Model A Tail Light
Custom 2 into 1 Exhaust with 12 inch Glass Pack

Rear bobbed and hard-tailed!
https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5385
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 11:42 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to 93VN750
Welcome to the 1500/1600 world.

What year is that?

Jon

93VN750, under re-construction
vn750.com Member # 828

Rick's Stator and R/R
MF AGM Battery
Coastered
Degoated
Shaved & Jetted
Iridium's
MAC Tapered Staggered Pipes
Battery/Temp/Clock Gauge
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Dunlop D-404's
23,XXX miles and holding pending gasket change (underway!!!)

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 01:57 PM

How much of an adjustment is it for you to have to look down further to see the instruments? I have a Yamaha and the VN750 and both have the instruments on the handlebars and I like them there. That was one reason why I got the 750.
It seems most manufacturers nowadays have this thing about putting them on the tank which I'm not too fond of. But......... that is where the NOMAD ones are and a NOMAD will be my next bike.
I'm just wondering how much of an adjustment it is to need to look further down than a quick downward glance??
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Scoop!

Jon, it's an '07. Right out of the crate.

LL&P- no adjustment at all since I ride a C50 and the gauges are in the same place. My wife didnt' say a thing about it, going from the 750. It really is a simple down glace, and it's pretty far forward on the tank so it's not like you get too distracted with it. It's a much cleaner look on the handlebars without the gauges sticking out.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Long and Prosper View Post
How much of an adjustment is it for you to have to look down further to see the instruments? I have a Yamaha and the VN750 and both have the instruments on the handlebars and I like them there. That was one reason why I got the 750.
It seems most manufacturers nowadays have this thing about putting them on the tank which I'm not too fond of. But......... that is where the NOMAD ones are and a NOMAD will be my next bike.
I'm just wondering how much of an adjustment it is to need to look further down than a quick downward glance??
I agree about speedo/tach location, another plus on my Meanie. Not too many cruisers with tachs at all.

Jon

vn750.com Member # 828

Rick's Stator and R/R
MF AGM Battery
Coastered
Degoated
Shaved & Jetted
Iridium's
Battery/Temp/Clock Gauge
Dunlop D-404's
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanL View Post
Thanks Scoop!

Jon, it's an '07. Right out of the crate.

LL&P- no adjustment at all since I ride a C50 and the gauges are in the same place. My wife didnt' say a thing about it, going from the 750. It really is a simple down glace, and it's pretty far forward on the tank so it's not like you get too distracted with it. It's a much cleaner look on the handlebars without the gauges sticking out.
Very nice bike, that is a 1600 isn't it? Kawasaki did a great job on these 15/1600's engines.

Jon

vn750.com Member # 828

Rick's Stator and R/R
MF AGM Battery
Coastered
Degoated
Shaved & Jetted
Iridium's
Battery/Temp/Clock Gauge
Dunlop D-404's
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 03:33 AM

Don't agree with your swipe about being in 5th gear for anything above 45 -50. The 750 will do 80 in 3rd & 100 in 4th and that's without touching the redline. Its hardly worth changing up to 5th till at least 70.

Last edited by Simon; 10-04-2007 at 03:36 AM.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 06:37 AM

I like the wifes VN750 but I love my Mean Streak.
I like being Lower to the ground.
Nice Ride man.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Meany in Yard.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	644  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Jon, it's a 1500.

Simon- I wasn't making a swipe at all. I know what the potential of the vn750 is, I rode it all the time. I was speaking in the terms of the rpm and speed on the 750 and C50 compared to the larger 1500 when you are doing a typical cruise down the road in traffic. At 45mph on my C50, and on the 750, I can cruise in 5th gear, and the engine is running nicely. At 45 on the 1500, I'm still in 3rd gear, maybe 4th but in 4th it's almost idling. Could I be in a lower gear on the smaller bikes? Sure, but what's the point of running along in traffic pulling 5 grand on the tach, if I can sit at 3 grand in a higher gear? The other big difference is highway speed. At 70 on the 750, it was in the 5 grand range on the tach. On the 1500, (no tach) it seems more in the 2.5/3 grand range.

Hyper and Dave- thanks! I'm glad we went for this color vs basic black, though those are nice too. This one catches your eye. When it was sitting in the showroom after they had built it, and we were finishing up the paperwork, we got a lot of positive comments from customers and workers about how good it looks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement