Beating a dead horse [Batteries again] - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Beating a dead horse [Batteries again]

I have been going through the forums for the last hour and a half, and hope someone can help me before I head out for the barn.

I tried to ride my bike yesterday, since it was absolutely gorgeous. Was going to ride it to church...Pulled it off of the battery tender, rolled it out of the garage, and tried to start it. Ran the battery down. Sigh. Rolled it back into the garage, put it back on the battery tender, and caged it to church.

When I got home, I walked into the garage, and fired it up (still on the tender), and my thumb barely touched the start switch and it roared to life. Okay, time for a new battery.

I've been searching the interwebs since right after lunch, trying to make heads or tails of the whole battery thing. Here is what I found:

Yuasa YTX14AHL-BS --> This is the one I see mentioned, and it is the good one.
This is also listed as the Die Hard, part number 44005.

I also saw a listing online for a WestCo WP14L-2, and this is good as well.

Here is the problem. I have checked various cross-references and what not, and have run across the following references, and I was wondering if some kind soul could let me know which of these might be good:

YB14L-A2
YB14L-B2
Sears Die Hard 44364

Are any of these (specifically the 44364, since my local Sears has 8 of them) good for our Vulcans?

Thanks,
--Storm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Send a message via Skype™ to 93VN750
As long as it is a MF AGM style battery of the correct dimensions, correct terminal type and location (+ & -), and 190CCA or more, it will work.

Do you have a batteriesplus near you? (on line @ batteriesplus.com) If they do, check part number XTA14AHL-BS. (http://www.batteriesplus.com/pc-3434...A14AHL-BS.aspx)

Jon

93VN750, under re-construction
vn750.com Member # 828

Rick's Stator and R/R
MF AGM Battery
Coastered
Degoated
Shaved & Jetted
Iridium's
MAC Tapered Staggered Pipes
Battery/Temp/Clock Gauge
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Dunlop D-404's
23,XXX miles and holding pending gasket change (underway!!!)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Sorry, but all those you listed do not ring a bell with me. My Vulcan used this one:
http://tinyurl.com/at63z

Am sure some one will give you the right part# for the Sears battery soon..

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 04:38 PM

The link on the post by knifemaker is of the battery I use. I have had absolutely no problems with it.

2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
2006 Honda CRF150
2006 Honda CRF80(My 12 Yr Old Son's)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifemaker View Post
Sorry, but all those you listed do not ring a bell with me. My Vulcan used this one:
http://tinyurl.com/at63z

Am sure some one will give you the right part# for the Sears battery soon..

KM
KM,

That's the problem. It says under the battery image, "NOTE: replaces YB14L-A2, YTX14AHL-BS, or comparable battery"...The YB14L-A2 is one that I listed. I am not sure what the difference between all of them is, and I have yet to find a brand-agnostic battery cross-reference into which I can plug these numbers.

I'm trying to figure out the difference between them, especially since the Die-Hard 44005 is $84 and the 44364 is $46. If there is no appreciable difference in them, then I'm going to buy the 44364...Same with all of the other models.

Thanks,
--Storm
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm16 View Post
KM,

That's the problem. It says under the battery image, "NOTE: replaces YB14L-A2, YTX14AHL-BS, or comparable battery"...The YB14L-A2 is one that I listed. I am not sure what the difference between all of them is, and I have yet to find a brand-agnostic battery cross-reference into which I can plug these numbers.

I'm trying to figure out the difference between them, especially since the Die-Hard 44005 is $84 and the 44364 is $46. If there is no appreciable difference in them, then I'm going to buy the 44364...Same with all of the other models.

Thanks,
--Storm
I'll bet that when you look at the two side by side you will find that the $46 battery is the wet cell type ( with a run off hose ) and the $84 battery is of the MF AGM type ( no tube for run off ) and that is the one that you will want.. The westco battery puts out 190 cca and the yuasa puts out 210 cca.. ( wet cells are about 170 cca ) not sure what the sears is rated... if it a cross for the yuasa then it should be the same.

1980 440LTD
1976 KZ900
1995 VN750 19,500 miles ( start of '08 season ) All mine!
Can't have too many Kaws!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement