Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

170x80, the good, the bad, & the ugly-???

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  fuzz 
#1 ·
OK, my front had begain to dish a bit and as has been suggested I put a 404D 110x90 on... Worked out good, speedo more correct, think the odometer may be a tad short though, no prob... OK what will I gain or loose with the 170x80, is there any clearance problems, how is the fuel milage going to be effected..?? I can't see any O.D. difference to amount to anything, 135 vs 136mm, don't seem enough to change the gearing to amount to anything... I could be wrong though... What are your experiences with these tire size swaps..??:confused:
Thanks and have a good one...Old Dog...

#2 ·
It will be a tight fit with just enough clearence. When the shop put my rear tire on they had to deflate it first to fit it in. I went with the bigger sizes for front and rear. I haven't noticed a change in gas mileage. I did notice better handling and more stability.

#3 ·
Diannia has a 170 on hers and did say it lowered her RPM's on the highway but it will take away from your low end off the line.

#4 ·
I'm not sure about the RPM's. I'm pushing a little over 4500 at 70 MPH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.