Members who have donated towards server costs
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Could be a bad battery, bad regulator, or a bad stator.
Easiest thing to start with is to try to recharge the battery on a trickle charger. If it charges, then you can eliminate that as the culprit.
Then, put the battery back in, turn on the engine, and with the rpms up, you should see the voltage spike around 14.5v or so. If it doesn't do that, then it's definitely your charging system. However, it could just be the regulator. The way to rule out the stator is to test the leads with a multimeter - someone can correct me on this, but I think the acceptable resistance is between .3 - .5 ohms between any two leads.