Foot Rest - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
REDRIDER

Foot Rest

I Have The Kawasaki Engine Guard Mounted To My Motorcycle But Would Like To Add Some Foot Rests To It. Any Suggestions Out There Based On What You Have Added And Ease Of Installation And Comfort When Riding? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Old new guy

You've noticed, I'm sure, the Kaw engine guard is not symmetrical. It sticks out farther on the right side than the left. In addition, the vertical supports in front are not evenly spaced. This presents some problems in attaching foot pegs if you want symmetry. To get my pegs in the same position on both sides of the bike, I installed Kuryakyn Right Angle Dually ISO-Pegs. They're attached in front of the radiator, and the pegs align with the rider foot pegs on the bike. I don't get a lot of stretch for my long legs, but it does give me a change of position, and I have them adjusted so I can hit the footbrake with my heel with just a slight backward shift of my boot. Just as fast or faster than from the standard rider pegs. I'm quite happy with the set up.

Mississippi Swamp Rat
2006 VN750, "Little Big Bike", adopted Aug 07
POW ride bell F&S backrest Westco AGM PF3 bobbed 2" F&S engine guard Kuryakyn ISO-Pegs Mustang seat Vista Cruise Highway Hawk bag support W&M braided slant bags & tool pouch Biker's Friend F&S rear rack Rider Light Diamond Star headlight modulator BackOFF brake light flasher

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
REDRIDER

Foot Pegs

Thanks, that was what I was looking at. What is the part number, if you have it?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Old new guy

Product ID: 4509
Description: Long Right Angle Mount with 1" Dia. Clamps & Dually ISO-Pegs

I bought mine at Ron Greene Sports Center in Utah. $120. Don't remember why now. Probably trying to save on shipping, and they had all the items on my list. They actually don't stock a lot. They order it when they get your order. They screwed up my order, and I'm still waiting for a replacement on one item. Accessories International, Cycle Giant and other places have them I'm sure.

Mississippi Swamp Rat
2006 VN750, "Little Big Bike", adopted Aug 07
POW ride bell F&S backrest Westco AGM PF3 bobbed 2" F&S engine guard Kuryakyn ISO-Pegs Mustang seat Vista Cruise Highway Hawk bag support W&M braided slant bags & tool pouch Biker's Friend F&S rear rack Rider Light Diamond Star headlight modulator BackOFF brake light flasher

Sponsored Links
Advertisement