Bobber? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to oglejust Send a message via MSN to oglejust Send a message via Yahoo to oglejust
Bobber?

ok me and my buddy saw this bike:
http://www.cdthayer.com/imagesbike/Chop_Brian_02.jpg
and this bike:
http://www.cdthayer.com/imagesbike/Chop_Shea_03.jpg
and thought about making my bike into a bobber... now im not wanting to go into extreme fabrication on this lol i just want to make it cool lookin. what i have planned is 16 inch ape hangers, flat black tank, shortened rear fender... like the 1 in the pic, no front fender, chrome pipes coming out the right side w/ black tape on em untill the last say.... 6 inches which will show chrome, new seat, and POSSIBLY a suicide shifter w/ a foot clutch

what do u guys think of the idea?

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

.... slightly modified

Last edited by oglejust; 08-28-2007 at 09:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

I like the idea and what you have outlined - go for it!!

I've been thinking about doing this as well. I want to do a bobber but with some slightly different ideas. I plan on going the other way with the bars - a low drag bar instead of ape-hangers and I want to do a rigid frame modification (see the "Hard Arse" thread). I like the exhaust that you describe and want to do something similar with heat wrap. Because of the rigid frame, I want to go with a sprung solo seat.

Not sure if I want to do the suicide clutch and jockey shifter - although they look pretty cool. I'll wait for your report on how you like it!

What I would really like to do is a springer front end . . .

97 VN 750
R&R Relocated
Degoated
Marbled
Ears Shaved/Rejetted
MF/AGM Battery
Irridium Plugs
Spring Solo Seat
32 Ford Model A Tail Light
Custom 2 into 1 Exhaust with 12 inch Glass Pack

Rear bobbed and hard-tailed!
https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5385
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to oglejust Send a message via MSN to oglejust Send a message via Yahoo to oglejust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
I like the idea and what you have outlined - go for it!!

I've been thinking about doing this as well. I want to do a bobber but with some slightly different ideas. I plan on going the other way with the bars - a low drag bar instead of ape-hangers and I want to do a rigid frame modification (see the "Hard Arse" thread). I like the exhaust that you describe and want to do something similar with heat wrap. Because of the rigid frame, I want to go with a sprung solo seat.

Not sure if I want to do the suicide clutch and jockey shifter - although they look pretty cool. I'll wait for your report on how you like it!

What I would really like to do is a springer front end . . .
yeah im gonna go rigid too i forgot to add that lol i just dont know where to get those bars that replace the shocks like in the pic i showed

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

.... slightly modified

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Old Truck Junkie

Make your own bars that go in place of the shocks. Use a round or square tube and weld a nut or something of the sort at each end. Just an idea.

02 honda sabre 1100
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by niterider View Post
Make your own bars that go in place of the shocks. Use a round or square tube and weld a nut or something of the sort at each end. Just an idea.
yeah thats a good idea but u gotta think.... this is whats keeping my butt off the rear tire.... im thinkin something a lil stronger lol

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

.... slightly modified
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

i really dont wanna do 2 much fabrication... i want to be able to put it back stock (even tho the bike is in my name dad will be a lil upset if i welded on the bike lol) im goin to buy a different tank and stuff to where i dont have to sand my stock tank

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

.... slightly modified
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 10:57 PM

Mine is already a rigid using solid bars to replace the shocks. My plan is to modify the frame to look like a true rigid frame - similar to what Bucky did in the "Hard Arse" thread.

I hope to start the surgery this weekend. If you are interested in the bars when I am done, PM me. They are solid steel with drilled holes so no welds to break. They are very stout and require no mods to the bike.

I've been riding it as a rigid for a couple of months and the ride is not nearly as hard as I had thought it would be. Good luck on your build.

97 VN 750
R&R Relocated
Degoated
Marbled
Ears Shaved/Rejetted
MF/AGM Battery
Irridium Plugs
Spring Solo Seat
32 Ford Model A Tail Light
Custom 2 into 1 Exhaust with 12 inch Glass Pack

Rear bobbed and hard-tailed!
https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5385
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
Mine is already a rigid using solid bars to replace the shocks. My plan is to modify the frame to look like a true rigid frame - similar to what Bucky did in the "Hard Arse" thread.

I hope to start the surgery this weekend. If you are interested in the bars when I am done, PM me. They are solid steel with drilled holes so no welds to break. They are very stout and require no mods to the bike.

I've been riding it as a rigid for a couple of months and the ride is not nearly as hard as I had thought it would be. Good luck on your build.
YGPM btw im trying to do this w/ as low of a budget as i can get. me and a friend of mine will be doing all the work so that will keep costs down. hopefully i can piece it together well

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

.... slightly modified
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 11:23 PM

Here is a picture of a VN 750 Bobber I saw at our Toys for Tots Parade last December (thus the road salt). He had fabricated a suicide shifter on his bike.....

Stevie D.
Chicago
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	750 Bobber.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	598  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie D. View Post
Here is a picture of a VN 750 Bobber I saw at our Toys for Tots Parade last December (thus the road salt). He had fabricated a suicide shifter on his bike.....

Stevie D.
Chicago
cool thanx man

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

.... slightly modified
Sponsored Links
Advertisement