Tutorial Videos Needed! - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Newbrider

Tutorial Videos Needed!

New rider with a96 Vulcan vn 750. Need helpful videos on how to service, clean, maintain, and fix this bike. Need videos showing how to burp/bleed the air out of the cooling system, how to change/clean out the coolant, and clean the radiator. Also am having a hard time finding the oil knob to see if my oil is clean. Any videos that anyone might find suitable and needed for new riders who have no idea wtf is going on with this kind of bike would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 08:47 PM
Chasin' the blacktop

While a few people on this site do make very helpful videos generally you need to read the posts.

For draining the coolant put the bike on the center stand. Pull the bolt at the bottom of the radiator. At the bottom of each cylinder there is a 10mm bolt just below the cooling fins, pull both bolts to drain all coolant from the heads. Replace and refill through the radaitor cap. About 2" behind the coolant cap is a little nipple, loosen to bleed the air out of the coolant.

While I've never flushed my radiator I'd guess just follow the instructions on the bottle of radiator flush. Remember that you have a small engine and may not need the whole bottle of "flush".

If you can't see your oil line on the sight glass with the bike upright it's either super full or you're about 12+ oz low. If you've got the bike centered and the oil in around the middle of the sight glass the oil will cover the sight glass when the bike is leaning on it's kick stand. When in doubt shining a flashlight through the oil fill hole sometimes helps you see through the sight glass.

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The mini-skirt is a very functional article of clothing. With it a woman can run much faster; and because of it she may have too.
North Georgia
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Old Fart

Garage
I know there are some engine videos that Roach did:
https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18289

But not aware of videos covering what you asked for this particular bike.
A shop manual can be helpful however, there's a link around here somewhere to download one for free.

There are as mentioned threads that cover many diffrent things some with photos, maybe just a write up.

The vast majority of stuff isn't rocket science, just ask for help and I'm sure someone here can give you some pointers.

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 09:56 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

There is a really good step by step instruction listing with pictures for doing the oil change. I read that over a few times and printed out a copy for the garage when I did it the first time. Check the "Search" option at the top of the page and you should find most of what you may need. As mentioned, Roach, has several videos here that explain many of the common fixes needed to keep the 750 running.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 09:56 PM

Any of you boys in FLA near tampa that can help this feller out ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement