VN 900 Classic test ride today............ - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Mohycle

VN 900 Classic test ride today............

Just went for a test ride on a 2007 900 Classic. It is much different than a 750; bigger, forward controls, wider handlebars, fat front tire,etc......On this short ride I never did get the hang of the floorboards. With my short legs forward, and arms too, all my weight was on the seat. No tach or guages, one turn indicator light not in line of site, gas cap not hinged, key is under left leg, no center stand, etc... Exhaust note is nice but too quiet. On the plus side, it felt extremely stable at freeway speed, my main complaint about the 750. I was prepared to be awed by the 900, and to be fair, I could probably get used to it in time, but the 750 has a lot more features.
Mo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 12:02 AM

That was my first thought about the floorboards also which seemed way forward of where the boards were on my 750 but I got used to them quick. A set of Phat II risers brought the handle bars right to me. Your right the bike is very comfy on the hwy. Also had to get used to not having the speedo on the bars. The 750 has a few features the 9 does not but the 9 also has it's advantages. I put a set of roadhouse 2 into 1 pipes on it and as good as my 750 sounded with V&H pipes it comes nowhere close in sound quality. I'm not knockin gthe 750 in any way cause I owned 2 of them over a 15 year span and would like to get another one for the wife to ride(she's mentioned a few times about learning to ride)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 12:35 AM
Growling at the World...

Send a message via Yahoo to bulldog485
The VN900 rides like a VN1500 Classic or a Nomad, which to say is very different then the VN750. Plus being a fuel injected bike, the throttle response is slightly different too. The VN900 actually feels like a bigger bike, which is nice if you want the big bike feel but are unable to handle the big bikes like the 1500/1600/2000 Vulcans. A lot of older riders are moving to the VN900, the Yamaha V-Stars and Honda VTX 1300 away from the "big V-twins" as they are no longer comfortable on that much of a machine. I say good for them. Maybe one day Harley will come to it's senses and make a non-sportster model with a displacement under 1000cc for the HD riders who do not feel comfortable with the 96CI platforms that HD is offering.

My Nomad 1500FI is my primary bike these days and I can say that when I jump on my VN750, I feel quite clumsy and awkward on it. The smoothness of 10+ years of riding it have disapeared and been transfered to the Nomad. My first year of riding the Nomad was quite awkward as I was still getting used to the 830 lb touring bike and there were some days that I wished that I was back on the VN750. But with time, the Nad became my graceful platform and now I have to spend a little more time on my VN750 as I really miss the quick nimble light speed demon that she is... I personally would love to see Kawasaki make a Mean Streak on the VN900 platform... That would be a "third" bike I could go for...

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
http://www.bulldogsbike.com
2006 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic FLHTCUI ~ The Big Black Bitch ~ 26,000 miles.
2002 Kawasaki Nomad 1500 ~ The Red Dog ~ Traded in at 22,000 miles of smiles (purchased new 10/05 / Traded in 6/12).
1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 ~ Black Betty ~ 34,999.7 miles
VROC ~v~ 485
McHenry County Road Pirates
Chicagoland, IL

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 08:30 AM
and the Adventure Cycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog485 View Post
I personally would love to see Kawasaki make a Mean Streak on the VN900 platform... That would be a "third" bike I could go for...
I'd seriously consider that too!!

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 09:33 AM

A 900 mean streak would be awsome. Hey Bulldog, who you calling 'OLD" LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement