venting! bait and switch? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Angry venting! bait and switch?

the wife and i went to look at a 1994 vulcan 500 today for the wife. the good news is that the seller let me ride it! it rode nice, but that was about it! the bad news is that it was not in as nice as the seller said it was! i asked if there was any thing wrong with the bike or if there were any "dings, dents or scratchs" on the bike. he told me no, it's in great shape. well, he must be blind! on the left side of the gas tank there was a nice size dent! i asked if the bike has ever been down or anything like that. the seller tells me no, the bike has never been down or anything like that. then when we got there he tells me that the bike fell over and that's how the dent got there! there was rust on the bottom of the right side of the gas tank. there was some kind of gunk on the right side of the engine (i didn't even want to ask what it was). it had two new tires on it though. but, then the seller tells me that the speedo cable is broken! there were other issuse with the bike too. man this made me mad!
well, i guess we will keep on looking. live and learn.

Last edited by ruger; 07-20-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 12:58 AM
Giggity!

Garage
All I can say is I got lucky with my find. It only takes a little patcience to find the right one. Like, one of the bikes I went to look at, the guy told me he didn't get home til 6pm. So I drove around til around 10 till 6 when he calls me and says someone just bought the bike? Go figure. It works out if it's supposed to. Good luck on the hunt!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement