Reminder-Be Careful out There!!! - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Angry Reminder-Be Careful out There!!!

Today was out riding and had 3 scares.

The first I was heading to my mom's house on the interstate in the hov lane when a lady decides she is going to switch lanes without bothering to look first. No turn signal to boot. When she decided to get in my lane my front tire was even with her driver side door. Luckily I look for this kinda stuff so I just swerved to the left and slowed down. I tried catch up to her and yell but we hit traffic and she decided to cut off another car.

The second was a big scare. I was heading from my moms to my mother in laws. Traffic was horrible so I took the back way. I was following a suv and when that turned into the local high school the car waiting to make a left turn outa the parking lot didnt see me and pulled right out. I hit the brakes and prayed. After a little fishtailing and some loud screetching I came to a stop about 10 ft from the car who at the last minute saw me and braked. He gave me the look of sorry I didnt see you. Needless to say I was furious. Bit my tongue and kept going.

Later on my way home and back on the interstate, a yellow mustang was in the merge lane but still had solid line. I guess he decided that the car in front of him was too slow and he couldnt wait. Again I was almost parallel with his door and without looking he started to change lanes. This time he saw me at the last minute and swerved back into his lane and gave me a wave.

After this 3rd close call I decided time to hit the local bar for a drink or 2. Just a reminder to all. Keep a lookout for all the careless drivers out there and stay safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 11:15 PM
and the Adventure Cycle

Good to hear they were only close calls and not anything worse.
And good thing you're paying attention out there.

Would be nice if a 'Motorcycle Awareness' section would be added to all drivers manuals and included on all drivers tests.
Maybe that would give us a little better chance on the road.

Or how about getting the Myth Busters in on this....
Tell them the myth is that all cagers see all motorcycles all the time.
No doubt they'd bust that myth wide open !!

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 11:33 PM

Key Words "Luckily I look for this kinda stuff " I am a fairly new rider but if there is one thing I do at all times is drive defensively. I scan front and rear and side to side constantly so I can be ready for any possible scenarios that might arrive. I am Glad that all it was were three scares, your attention made it turn out OK. Always stay Vigalent.....

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 07:35 AM
Benjammin'

I tell folks that are new to biking to anticipate the worst in every situation on the street. Hopefully, that will keep them on thier toes. You don't want to take the joy out of riding, just bring awareness to the forfront...

Ben-
SW Ohio

'02 VN750
Pipes drilled
Spline lubed
R/R relocated
AGM batteried
Iridium equipped
LED tail lighted
8000-ish miled
Soon to be MCCTed

Lovin Life.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 08:37 AM

I saw a patch once that said "Remember when sex was safe and riding a motorcycle wasn't" Now neither is safe IMO.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 02:15 PM

I had a woman pull out in front of me today, she gave me a dirty look like it was my fault I was tailgating her. The front of my bike almost scratched her shiny Cadilac. At least my brakes work better then her right foot.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmkwood View Post
I had a woman pull out in front of me today, she gave me a dirty look like it was my fault I was tailgating her. The front of my bike almost scratched her shiny Cadilac. At least my brakes work better then her right foot.
LMAO.

Well, as they told us in our MSF course, good drivers tend to make good motorcyclists; bad drivers make...well, bad, injured or dead motorcyclists. Multi-tasking and a lack of civility make it pretty awful out there. Tirrell, glad you're okay - anticipation is about 90% of the battle.

C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement