value of our bike - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Send a message via Skype™ to tankist
value of our bike

hey all, i'm not selling my 750 yet but as i already said, my dream bike that i would like to own eventually is a Vee-strom (the smaller one). they are very hard to come by and while there are at any point 8-10 of our vulcans on ebay, i never seen more then 6 stroms (and half of these are stealer adds anyway). of cource i suppose i could just walk into dealership and get it new but i really prefer it to be already broken in .
Right now there might be a possibility of me getting one. if, big IF actually, this happens i will need to sell my vulcan. actually i will probably need to sell it first. so while th VN is not officially on sale (i'm not going to be bikeless!) i wanted to ask for your opinion on what would be a fair price to ask for it.

it is 1992 with `19K miles. as my signature says it has jardine forwards installed, nice saddle bags, 491 Elite II tires in very good shape with about 3500 miles on them, progressive front springs (still in the box for the moment ), and a year old AGM westco battery. visually the bike is very clean and starts/runs very good but with ocasional coffie grinder (imo very mild one) for the first mile or so. rode it to work today actually.
IMO somewhere between 1800 to 2200 should be fair. your opinion?

http://agrasyuk.googlepages.com/home
Anton Grasyuk
Wheeling, IL

Last edited by tankist; 04-28-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 01:33 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

I think 1800-2200 would be reasonable. I was looking at 2500 for my '92, and it has about 11,000 miles. So somewhere in that neighborhood seems FMV, to me.

C

Last edited by Crobins365; 04-28-2007 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Realized spline repair was already posted - sorry!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 02:56 PM

this guy was at 2200 i think last week:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/mcy/318817544.html

seems a little high for his ride, but yours sounds better! so i bet you could get 2000-2200 for it easy.

btw - this guy is full of crap-- you dont need a license to get insurance! that would really suck wouldn't it? how the hell would you ever be able to get your license if that were true-- as you are required to have insurance before you can ride or register it! - and you can of course ride with a permit--

anyway-- makes me suspect the rest of his statements as well.

Last edited by jetboy; 04-28-2007 at 03:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement