Carb vent tube - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Carb vent tube

First I want to thank everyone. This is a great site with lots of helpful people. I picked up an 86' VN750 over the winter months and everyone's been great whenever I need to post a question.

I took my first ride on her the other day and I really enjoy the bike....seems much more nimble than the 1500. As suggested... I ran, and still am running... some Seafoam thru the tank. It seemed to help alot but she still seems very sluggish on acceleration. I hear about checking the carb vent tube but I am having difficulty locating it. It is not anywhere near the right ear as it should be. Does anyone have any pics that show where the "T" and the vent tube should be. It it difficult to "see" in between where the carbs are, and I'm not really sure what I'm looking for ...or at.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 08:03 AM
Drive less, ride more...

If you don't yet have a factory Kaw manual or a Clymer manual for your 750, you can download a manual from the following link:

http://www.tocmanufacturing.com/File...nd%20Parts.pdf

This manual is a free online Kaw manual in Adobe Acrobat format, and has pretty good "exploded" dwgs that will let you see/find a specific part or component that you might be looking for.

Good luck!.....
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 08:52 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

https://www.vn750.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=680

The t-fitting literally sits between the two carbs, so you're right - it's gonna be hard to see in there. But the vent hose should come out one side or the other of your carbs - is there anything on the left side that looks like it belongs somewhere? Foxhound, I think, said he doesn't have an external vent hose, but his bike is running ok...Foxhound, you out there to respond??

C

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Sluggish???? ........ya think????

Ok...I'll be honest.... I never did find that carb vent tube...but I'm gonna guess its in there somewhere...and functioning properly. My problem it seemed was that I was firing only on the front cylinder. Like I said it seemed a little sluggish...lol. Well it turned out the the coil for the rear cylinder was being shorted out because it was touching and rubbing again that "vacuum thing" behind the battery box. I'm not sure what its called but it the thing that gets removed when doing a reed valve removal. Looks like I be coastering sooner rather than later. For now the thing is tie wrapped over to the left side and not touching the coil.

Thanks again for all your help...............I'm sure I'll be back with more questions.

Oh.............btw... what a great bike with lots of pep. I broke the back tire loose twice just testing her out yesterday after figuring out what the problem was.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 05:54 PM
and the Adventure Cycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rognyn View Post
Oh.............btw... what a great bike with lots of pep. I broke the back tire loose twice just testing her out yesterday after figuring out what the problem was.
Certainly sounds like ya figured it out then !!

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement