Triple A or? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Lebanon, NJ

Triple A or?

I was wondering if anyone uses a roadside assistance program like AAA? Does AAA cover bikes? Or, does anyone use/belong to American Motorcyclist Association?

Thanks...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker View Post
I was wondering if anyone uses a roadside assistance program like AAA? Does AAA cover bikes? Or, does anyone use/belong to American Motorcyclist Association?

Thanks...
AAA does cover bikes. You have to get AAA Plus, I think, and then attach a rider for the motorcycle. But it's well worth it. And if you think you're never gonna break down, just stop by AAA occasionally for a map or something.

C
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Lebanon, NJ

Great...

Great, thanks...

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 10:43 PM

AMA also has roadside assistance don't they? Check with your insurance company they may offer roadside assistance even for bikes.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 06:45 PM

Funny you should ask. Just last week I was on my way home from work and got a flat on the rear tire. What a bummer. I was in the left lane so I had to pull over on the left lane shoulder - not fun. I have AAA but it did take them about 20 mins to find a driver that would tow a bike. But the important thing is they did and I was not left to call around on my own. BTW on 2 separate occasions a rider stopped to see if they could help / assist. They actually pulled over on the left lane shoulder to assist (with traffic moving at 65+). I really appreciated the offer and it really will cause me to stop and assist other riders. So long story short is yes they do and itís well worth the $$
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Lebanon, NJ

Yea, I called AAA and they told me I'd need to upgrade to the plan that includes RV. I'm going to do that.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Calif Rider

Calif rider

I have progressive insurance and towing is included in my motorcycle insurance. Have not had to use it yet, but I am sure one day I will be glad that I have it.

2004 25,500 miles
Led tail light enhancement
Homemade floor boards
Headlight modulator
Extra heat sink on R+R
R+R relocation
Homemade driver's backrest
Fused Stator
Mcct conversion-cost 4.50
Ride-on in tires
crash bar with home made hyway pegs
iridium plugs
home made fork wind deflectors
coil pickups adjusted.
Kenda kruz tires 110/90 170/80
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

I joined ROK (Riders of Kawasaki). For $40, in addition to the membership benefits, (events, magazine, priority signup for demo rides...) it includes 24 hour roadside assistance with $100 toward towing expenses. I have no experience with this. Has anyone used ROK roadside assistance?

- Safety First

Paul

'04 VN750
'75 CB360T
'08 Concours 14
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 01:19 PM
1992 Vulcan 750

Send a message via AIM to AGStrange
AMA offers a service called MoTow Roadside Assistance for its members and costs $25 per year. AAA, as has been stated previously, requires that you upgrade from the basic membership, bypass their AAA Plus option and go to AAA Plus RV, which for me is double what I'm paying for the basic. If anyone has experience with AMA's MoTow, I'd be curious as to how their customer service is in comparison to AAA.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 03:17 AM

I stick with AAA plus, it Rocks!
Its got 3 free tows a year and that pays for itself the first time you use it. It has saved me lots of times. You can have any vehicle you need towed home or to a shop, they don't ask who owns it or if its attached to the membership. They will also have a tow truck bring you a couple gallons of free gas if you run out and are out of your hometown area.
I signed up and told them about 1 vehicle years ago, never mentioned bikes or trucks. Since then I have had bikes, cars, and 4x4's towed home with a flatbed on just a call and a signature, no questions asked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement