Choices We Make. - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Choices We Make.

Well,

I have a decision to make and its pretty much already decided. Lulu must go.

With a new baby on the way and no room in my 1 bd room apt for My soon to be great with child significant other, her mother, and my self. We have found a nice 3 bd room house but dont have the deposit.

Now i dont have a clue as to how much LULU is worth now. Any one make a guess so i can put her up for sale?

If you dont know what i have done you can check out my sig for the wonderfull improvements i have made.

Now if any one on this board has a little extra cash on had may be you can have her.

Thanks in advance!

PS: growing up sucks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 03:02 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Send a message via Skype™ to tankist
while you may be miserable (apardon me for the straight up answer) without the bike, by selling it you make the right choice and earn poinst from your SO as i'm sure she knows you are making big sacrifice. IMO you would be times and times more miserable keeping the bike and staying in the small appartment. you are making the right thing. and who knows there might be another motorcycle somwhere in the future.

as far as the price, the bike is worth exactly as much as you get for it. i would say 3500 + but i'm not expert apraiser at all.

http://agrasyuk.googlepages.com/home
Anton Grasyuk
Wheeling, IL
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 03:48 PM
HAWK

Send a message via Yahoo to Ccspinner
If I only had some free cash I would get it from you now.
For a 2004 with the paint and work, early summer sell time are good.
I would guess $4500 to $5000 but I may be low.
I know it is hard to get out of a bike or car what you put in it.

Chad Falstad "Hawk"
Vroc #17649
2011 HD Ultra Classic "angel"
2001 Nomad 1500 Sold March 2012
2001 VN 750 "Sold June with 2008 with 21,000""Serinity"

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Well lulu is on the sacramento caigs list at 5000 obo

Tank thanks for the kind words still GROWING UP SUCKS!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 04:51 PM

Bummer, but I'm sure she'll go to a good home in the area. And $5K seems fair- you've done a tremendous job with her.

Gotta agree with Tankist, too, that you're making a good decision. Bike's come and go, but your long-term commitment to your SO and child are MUCH more important. Hang in there -and once you have your new little one, I'm guessing Lulu will fade quite a bit in your mind.

C
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 04:51 PM

Wow! You barely got to enjoy Lulu after you got her all fixed up. Sorry to hear that, but I agree, life deals you a set of cards, you have to play the hand you're dealt. Sounds like you're already grown up! Be a good father, and husband and the rest will just work out for you. Good luck in selling your classic!

Fergy
Kyle, TX VN750.com member #707 VROC#19556
2002 VN1500 Classic
Spline Lube Procedure, with photos, R/R Relocation and Coil Mod
Rusty Tank Cleaning!
Electrical Fault Finding Flowchart
SEAFOAM JUNKIE!

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 10:17 PM

You are a better man for your decision. Remember don't be depressed you don't have the bike, be happy you did have her. Some days things just fall into place other times we sacrifice to bring better things about. The day will come where those sacrifices pay dividends.

You've got plenty to be proud of, and plenty of memories, no one can take those.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crobins365 View Post
Bummer, but I'm sure she'll go to a good home in the area. And $5K seems fair- you've done a tremendous job with her.

Gotta agree with Tankist, too, that you're making a good decision. Bike's come and go, but your long-term commitment to your SO and child are MUCH more important. Hang in there -and once you have your new little one, I'm guessing Lulu will fade quite a bit in your mind.
Not if i can get my SO to name the the kid Lulu!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurchChaos View Post
Not if i can get my SO to name the the kid Lulu!
As long as your baby is a girl...otherwise, people will be asking a lot of touch questions...

C
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 07:32 AM

Its a very extreme example but last year I bought a 650 engine off a guy on ebay and he delivered it himself. He told me that a few days previously he had been to see a guy selling a motorbike. He was a young man with a young family. He had two bikes inside the house on stands and they were absolutely immaculate. He had obviously lavished limitless care and attention on these bikes, but the house was a dump - no carpet, wallpaper peeling off the walls, the children were practically in rags and the wife like a cowed dog. The children were gloomy because they weren't allowed to watch a major football game because their Dad didn't like football. Sad man - selfish, mean and emotionally stunted.
You will find that as the kids grow up you will get another chance at having a bike and you'll find the enjoyment it gives much deeper because you see it from a more mature perspective. You'll be amazed to find yourself a wise old man on a motorbike helping younger kids that you can understand better because you had a family of your own.
Let it go and it will come back.
Good luck
Simon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement