250 sold - 750 NICE! - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

250 sold - 750 NICE!

[/I] Just Sayin' Hey
I'm happy to be a new member! My first bike was back in 1983, and it was a blue Yamaha 250. I rode it for @ 3 years without the benefit of a legal driver's lisence. Those days are gone I guess. Anyway, traded it in on a Jeep CJ7 and have been on the back of my husband's various bikes ever since. Maybe a mid-in-life kinda thing - but I decided I was tired of trying to see thru a melon, and buy myself something pretty.
Last spring I bought a 2002 Honda Rebel 250 that had 2064 miles on it. I studied and passed on the second try, and got my drivers lisence! (I didn't bother to change the weight part, details.) The quality of the photography sure hadn't changed in all these years. Last year I scraped rust off the bike - and me. It does come back!
Four weeks ago I moved up and sold the 250, and I am now the proud owner of a 1995 Vulcan 750, with 5530 miles on her (an infant.)
The weather hasn't been co-operating, and counting my test ride - I've put about 3 miles on her. She is kind of a 'rescue'. The previous owner garaged kept it - but I'm finding that he didn't rub it much.
My husband drove it home on a Sunday, so between that and then not so great weekend weather since then - yesterday was my big break. Temperature above freezing, no call for more rain or snow or locust or anything remotely looking like a threat - we suited up!
It was a great day and I finally got some saddle time on her and . . . I'll never go back! Love the bike! 750 nice!
Well, and all. Great to be here - I'll probably have questions. Ride safe - NotTooTall
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 07:43 PM
HAWK

Send a message via Yahoo to Ccspinner
Good to hear you are back on the front of a bike. What a great feeling it is.
read the Vulcan verses tells alot of what you need to know.

Chad Falstad "Hawk"
Vroc #17649
2011 HD Ultra Classic "angel"
2001 Nomad 1500 Sold March 2012
2001 VN 750 "Sold June with 2008 with 21,000""Serinity"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement