How much is enough? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

How much is enough?

We have all stood before our bikes and looked deep within seeing the finished cromed, polished, painted Beauty and said "It needs something" .

When do we say its perfect?

How much money, time, sweat, blood and tears have we put into our rolling master pieces.

Their our babys we name them, we pamper them, and we love them.

Yet their never finished there is always that one vendor who makes that bit of bling that we crave like a junkies next fix.

I am just affected my signature reads like a parts catalog and i have see yours too.

Do you have leather gear from head to toe does your closet look like a S&M shop?

Are you proud of your baby? Do you spend more time with it than your wife or girl freind?

Do you look foward to the sunny days of summer so you can tear up the blacktop.

If you answer yes you are a biker. Oil runs in your veins and the road is your lover.

Now what i want to know is how much have you put into your lover and do you feel its enough?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 06:55 PM

Cool

I have done only one mod to my bike.And I am sure that I will add more to it as time goes on.It will be fun.Boy I need a ride bad........................
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 07:18 PM
HAWK

Send a message via Yahoo to Ccspinner
It is never done.

Chad Falstad "Hawk"
Vroc #17649
2011 HD Ultra Classic "angel"
2001 Nomad 1500 Sold March 2012
2001 VN 750 "Sold June with 2008 with 21,000""Serinity"

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurchChaos View Post
We have all stood before our bikes and looked deep within seeing the finished cromed, polished, painted Beauty and said "It needs something" .

When do we say its perfect?

How much money, time, sweat, blood and tears have we put into our rolling master pieces.

Their our babys we name them, we pamper them, and we love them.

Yet their never finished there is always that one vendor who makes that bit of bling that we crave like a junkies next fix.

I am just affected my signature reads like a parts catalog and i have see yours too.

Do you have leather gear from head to toe does your closet look like a S&M shop?

Are you proud of your baby? Do you spend more time with it than your wife or girl freind?

Do you look foward to the sunny days of summer so you can tear up the blacktop.

If you answer yes you are a biker. Oil runs in your veins and the road is your lover.

Now what i want to know is how much have you put into your lover and do you feel its enough?

Lurch that was well spoken.If you thought that up as you went you have a talent.I have to mirror Krawdad I made one mod to my bike and will be happy making just two more ( I think!! ) and I am jonesing real bad for a ride.I have been bragging alot with other riders from work who are also snowed in.All of the talking is making it worse on us but damn its gonna be a nice spring we all have some bragging to prove.Its gonna be a blast.Think i'll go have a drink now so I can fall asleep tonight.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 06:31 AM

I think I'll go for a ride this weekend. Maybe I'll cruise down to Daytona for a day or two.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 10:37 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to tankist
i don't know what you are talking about! i just ride it!

and now if you don't mind i'll go and hide behind riot shield from the incoming barrage of rotten tomatoes...

http://agrasyuk.googlepages.com/home
Anton Grasyuk
Wheeling, IL

Last edited by tankist; 03-02-2007 at 12:02 PM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankist View Post
i don't know what you are talking about! i just ride it!

and now if you don't mind i'll go and hide behind riot shield from the incoming barrage of rotten toamtoes...
Come Now Tank you need not hide. You are a pureist not caught up in the trappings. You are a fellow biker and we respect that.

Sometimes deep down in your sole dont you look over at the other guys bike and some times say "Dam that looks really good"?

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 12:02 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to tankist
Quote:
Originally Posted by LurchChaos View Post
Come Now Tank you need not hide. You are a pureist not caught up in the trappings. You are a fellow biker and we respect that.

Sometimes deep down in your sole dont you look over at the other guys bike and some times say "Dam that looks really good"?

well, i will confess - i got saddle bags and progressive front springs for mine,(still sitting in the box... so busy this winter its not even a joke.) but my excuse is that those upgrades are more functional then bling.

but to answer your question:
when one starts to feel that his bike is becoming more of a garage decoration then vehicle this means he overdid it long time ago.

so as long one rides it and not conserned that his new crome pipe will need cleaning (and consequently reduse his riding time) all is good.

http://agrasyuk.googlepages.com/home
Anton Grasyuk
Wheeling, IL
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 12:51 PM

I hear ya tank. My dad's neighbor has a Harley that he never rides for more than a 1/2hour at a time, and washes and waxes it after each ride.

That is just a waste of a perfectly good motorcycle.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Waffle House regular…

I have so many side projects and I must admit my Vulcan is but one. I just picked up an old pop-up camper that needs work…my honey-do list is a mile long. Plus I have two girls in collage.

I ride when I can and hope my stator holds out!!!

1996 VN 750 (Spark)
Extended Sissybar
Soft Saddle Bags
Short Windshield
Marbled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement