End of Season for me.. :( - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

End of Season for me.. :(

I spent yesterday (a nice 70 degree day here in NJ), taking my last ride and doing all the fluid changes necessary at the end of my ride for putting up my bike for the winter.
Today, I concentrated on the cosmetics of the bike and its now in hibernation at least until March 2007.
I know I probably could manage a few more rides in the next couple weeks, but time isn't on my side for the next few weeks.

I started my season this year at the end of March and clocked about 7,500 miles of riding - ending on today Nov 1st.
It was a good year of riding for me. No mishaps, no drops at all (knocking wood now!). I past my 1 year experience mark this past August, and now have about 11,000 miles of riding under my belt to date. I got to meet & ride with a few folks from NJ on this & the yahoo forum, and I also took my first long trip on the bike to NC outer banks, and back up thru Skyline Dr in VA. That trip was AWESOME - and comfortable too - thanks (again) to the many people who give suggestions about making our bike more comfortable.

I also learned alot mechanically about my bike. I have been doing all the maintenance - all fluids changed, splines greased, cables lubed, completely tuned up the bike with new air k&n air filters, and new spark plugs as well. Thanks to this site and the yahoo site, I have learned ALOT. Thank You ALL for your advise and expertise!

Anyway - I am already counting down the months. I think the only thing that will make the spring come faster is the fact that our first child is due to be born in late January. Focusing on that for the past months of my wife pregnancy has caused time to fly by faster than I have ever thought possible.

My wife & I just returned from FL last week - and I envy you folks down there who can ride almost year round.

Dom

Last edited by dgcam55; 11-01-2006 at 04:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Search Goddess

While you are witing for riding season to start.. here's something that might help you get through the long winter
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?oi...-o.de&fr=yvmtf

Dianna
Conway, AR
Patriot Guard Rider
2000 VN750 Sere (Serendipity)
1990 GL1500 (Ole Blue)
1986 VN750 EVie (project bike, heavy custom)
VROC # 11628 / 25000-H
ARVROC # 12 Coordinator and Crowd Control
OKVROC # 18 (H)
TNVROC # 45 (H)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 06:09 PM

omg Dianna that was too funny!!!!!!!!!!! I gotta show the wife that one.
congrats on a good season Dom, sounds like a great trip you had, I have been on skyline drive but in a cage, must be 100 times better on a bike.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Geek

Congratulations on a good season ! I'll keep riding into December. I store the bike from mid-December through mid-March. Have a great winter ! Best of luck with the new arrival. Mine are 14 and 17 and get more expensive every day but you just love them to death.....

Ron from Jersey
2005 VN750
HellFire windshield
Kaw extended backrest
Cobra exhaust
Re-located stator wires
Side bags
15,000 Miles July/2012
It's PAID OFF ! May 2009
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 03:26 AM
and the Adventure Cycle

Best wishes on the new family member Dom !
And great to hear ya had an enjoyable season of riding.
Skyline Drive is one ride East coasters should try to get in. It is AWESOME !!! (I guess we could let the mid-state and West coasters ride it too if they want)

My Vulcan will probably get put into 'semi-hibernation', ready to ride at a little more than a moments notice. Ya never know when an unexpected great ride day will show up.

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

Yeah - if I had a garage, I would keep it ready to ride throughout the winter. However, w/o one, the upkeep on the bike in keeping it clean in the freezin cold and dealing with it being potentially buried in a snow drift doesn't allow me to do so. Some day, my carport will be converted into a garage!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement