TOC MCCT - Anyone in AZ take them up on the offer? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

TOC MCCT - Anyone in AZ take them up on the offer?

I was looking at the TOC Mfg website site for MCCTs and saw this:

"I have been told that these MCCTs will work on other bikes, but I do not have all of the additional bikes needed to test fit them. If you are an owner of one of the listed bike or believe this will fit your bike, are willing to meet me in Phoenix (near Camelback and Central), and allow me to test fit one of these on your bike, if it fits, I will give you one free."

I wondered if anyone had taken him up on his offer? He doesn't have the 750 on his list, but I know people here have been buying them for years.

"Shutting up rarely leads to anything bad"

Joe McAdoo
Springfield, MO
[email protected]
VROC # 28175
-2004 Vulcan 1500 Classic 22000 miles
-1995 VN750 (Back home again!) 25000 miles
-1995 Suzuki DR350 Dualsport 1720 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Old Fart

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joem View Post
I was looking at the TOC Mfg website site for MCCTs and saw this:

"I have been told that these MCCTs will work on other bikes, but I do not have all of the additional bikes needed to test fit them. If you are an owner of one of the listed bike or believe this will fit your bike, are willing to meet me in Phoenix (near Camelback and Central), and allow me to test fit one of these on your bike, if it fits, I will give you one free."

I wondered if anyone had taken him up on his offer? He doesn't have the 750 on his list, but I know people here have been buying them for years.
Uh, the reason the 750 is not on the list is because it was made to fit it. So he already knows it fits. I don't know what the bikes are on the list, so no clue as to who here owns one and lives near Pheonix.

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Member? ... check.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifemaker View Post
Uh, the reason the 750 is not on the list is because it was made to fit it. So he already knows it fits. I don't know what the bikes are on the list, so no clue as to who here owns one and lives near Pheonix.
I'll have to say, that when I got my TOC MCCT's and installed them, the contact portion of the 'knob' that extended down in to the jug was visibly not the same radius dimensionally as the 'knob' on the ACCT. If the TOC was 'made' for the VN750, maybe TOC saw an opportunity to improve the design? Anywho ... weird how the VN750 is not the first bike on the list.

~~C8>

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Old Fart

Garage
The guy that owns and started TOC mfg, I think his name is Larry?, owns a 750 and has traveled extensively on it. Much like my ex company, everything produced was just an off shoot of things I made for my bike.

TOC was synominous with the VN 750. The stator cover replacements to even some hard luggage supports were all made for this bike alone. including the MCCT's. And the downloadable shop manual....

So asking why the 750 is not on this list is kinda like asking ....why include the obvious? Everyone knows he only made stuff for the Vulcan 750. Guessing folks late to the party just aren't clued into TOC history.

He's not going to give you a free MCCT if you ride into AZ on your 750 BTW...

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Member? ... check.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifemaker View Post
So asking why the 750 is not on this list is kinda like asking ....why include the obvious? Everyone knows he only made stuff for the Vulcan 750. Guessing folks late to the party just aren't clued into TOC history.

He's not going to give you a free MCCT if you ride into AZ on your 750 BTW...
yup ... that's me to a "T". I never heard of the place until this board recommended the TOC MCCT's. Thanks for the info.

~~C8>
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCraggRatt View Post
yup ... that's me to a "T". I never heard of the place until this board recommended the TOC MCCT's. Thanks for the info.

~~C8>
Worth surfing his site, as he does have other VN products. His luggage system is interesting. At one time I was going to do something simular. (still have the cases and the aluminum somewhere)

http://www.tocmanufacturing.com/

And appologies for mistake on his name. Not "Larry" , it's Larson. James Larson.

KM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement