Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
We have a guy opening a Cosmic Chrome operation here about a half hour ride from my place.
Looks like they can chrome almost any hard surface, and in your choice of colors too.
Cosmic Chrome is a hybrid of paint and plating that allows us to spray chrome on anything from metals, ceramics, plastics, glass and even wood with a mirror like Cosmic Chrome finish.
Cosmic Chrome spray chrome is ideal for use where conventional electroplating plating and vacuum metallizing are unsuitable due to cost, size, design, substrate material, or environmental issues.
Cosmic Chrome spray chrome is comprised of three proprietary coatings. Two of the coatings are essentially automotive grade paints and are applied in our paint booth with our quality paint guns and using our painting skills.
The metallic spray chrome coating is applied with a special CosmichromeŽ machine that applies a sprayed on electroless plating solution.
• Cosmichrome is the only spray chrome that resists peeling, flaking, and won't yellow from the sun
• Meets many OEM automotive paints standards.
• Cosmichrome duplicates the look of real chrome, brass, gold, silver and other metals.
• Available in many colors by adding tints to the topcoat.
• Environmentally friendlier than traditional electroplating.
• Meets the European Union's new RoHS rules. (Reduction of hazardous substances)
• Available with very low or no chromium. Either way meets RoHS
• Can be used on flexible materials where chrome plating cracks or peels.
• Can be used on any nearly any size object from trinkets to 20 ft. statues or display booths
Might be an option for someone who wants fully chromed ears on their Vulcan.
Last edited by OlHossCanada; 02-25-2012 at 07:24 PM.