Well....I sold it. - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Well....I sold it.

Just sold my bike to a friend of mine not more than 20 minutes ago. Despite the problems I had with the bike, when it ran good it was an AMAZING machine. Im gonna miss it. Hopefully I can come across another one somewhere down the road. Going to pick this up tomorrow.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...hfkinD/Mar.jpg

'99 Suzuki Marauder 800. Only 4900 miles on it with 2 owners.....sad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 10:43 PM
Jack of all trades

sharp.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 05:08 AM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

nice!

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 08:17 AM

That's real nice, lots of aftermarket stuff too. I know the Marauder and the Mean Streak were collaborative between Suzuki and Kawasaki respectively. I'm not sure why I was surprised by how much the 800 looks like the Meanie I ride. I guess displacement doesn't affect design which makes sense, I just never thought of it. Maybe because there's no 800 Mean Streak. But you slap a sissy bar, after market seat, new rear shocks, and new grips on a meanie you couldn't tell the two apart!! Nice bike man, real nice. I even like the bib you got on it...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

The Marauder is a great bike, and about twice as simple as the Vulcan 750, and the engine has only about half as many parts. The main issue I have with it is it lacks a centerstand. I would say I had a problem with the chain drive, but after all the spline lubes I've done, I think I actually like chain drive better. Much simpler to maintain, and no super expensive parts replace. But since it lacks a centerstand, you will have to find some way to get the rear wheel off the ground to maintain the chain. At least it has tubeless tires, so you won't likely get stranded when you have a flat without a centerstand.

I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker.

1997 Vulcan 750, purchased about a week ago
2006 Sportster 1200 Low
2013 Royal Enfield Bullet 500, converted to carb
2001 Yamaha XT225, heavily modified
2004 Honda Rebel 250
1979 Vespa P200E
2002 Vulcan 750 parts bike
1994 Yamaha XT225 parts bike
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, guys, I really do like this bike, the previous owner debaffled it so its about as loud as my step dads harley, and its a really nice deep tone, even at high rpms. The only gripes I have about the bike, are that its hard to shift out of neutral on a quick launch sometimes, which might be a linkage issue, and the rear brake pedal is kind of high up, so I have to bring my foot completely off the peg and up to push down on it, where as the vulcan I could just slide my foot over and be on it. Not having a centerstand is definitely kind of a bummer, but it did kind of look goofy on the vulcan, so I can do without it. The cool thing about the old vulcan is that I sold it to a buddy of mine, so Its still in the family, an hopefully he can get her back to the way she used to be. The marauder has plenty of power, and I really like the riding position, I was keeping up with harleys yesterday, and had a pretty good run with some kind of crotch rocket last night. I like it, haha.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Here's some pics after I polished her up. They're cellphone pics, so nothin fancy.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...-17-04_637.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...-12-12_591.jpg
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Old Truck Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VN750Rider/Jerry View Post
The Marauder is a great bike, and about twice as simple as the Vulcan 750, and the engine has only about half as many parts. The main issue I have with it is it lacks a centerstand. I would say I had a problem with the chain drive, but after all the spline lubes I've done, I think I actually like chain drive better. Much simpler to maintain, and no super expensive parts replace. But since it lacks a centerstand, you will have to find some way to get the rear wheel off the ground to maintain the chain. At least it has tubeless tires, so you won't likely get stranded when you have a flat without a centerstand.
It is up to you and what you believe needs to be done on your bike. But I think that you are getting carried away on the spline lubing. I think that the main problem with the spline break down is that it was not lubed at the assembly plant. But that is my opinion.

02 honda sabre 1100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement