common coutesy - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
common courtesy

Is it just me, or have others noticed how over the past year,that posts are becoming less and less civilized over the past year or so?

We have always had our disagreements and not seen eye to eye on different subjects,but have managed to be respectful of others opinions however misguided we may think them to be.

As of late it seems we have dropped to the level of insulting others or saying absolutely anything to manage to get the last word, in order to feel that some how you have made your case.Some need to remember that their are fairly intelligent people on here that don't post nearly as often as they used to because of this.After all who wants to offer up a valid point and have someone espouse all they"Know" and then attack anyone personally, who doesn't happen to agree with them ,There are many variables in any given situation and several different approaches may in fact yield similar results.

Issues of safety are another subject altogether,if some one is promoting modifications that are upon their face inherently dangerous,the poster should be called out on it,although we shouldn't call them names and make disparaging remarks about the person, just their advocacy of something that could get someone hurt or killed.

There are some trolls on here that purposely and deliberatly set about to insult and start arguments.If exhibit troll like behavior,you are a troll whether intentional or not.

Let's try to keep this board as friendly and civilized as it once was and we may see some of the guys we all liked to hear from, start posting more often.

I am not worried about trying to be the smartest member on here,but just to contribute to the group in a positive manner.

This is where we miss Ron ,aka Lance so much, he knew a VN750 down to the last bolt and screw,it seems he left a vacuum on here that can not be filled,no matter how much some would like to think they are doing so.

So if you think you know everything do a search of the Professors posts and find out how little you really do.

I'm done with this little rant now.So now, Everyone have a Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year and let's all act like we have some sense and civility about us.

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X

Last edited by denny6006; 12-16-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Redneck on a rice burner

Location: American by birth,Southern by the grace of God ..,.AMEN !

That was a GREAT post Denny,Thank You. RIP Brother Ron/Lance miss ya!
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 04:31 PM

Courtesy is disappearing everywhere in the world, not just on here. I would definitely like to contribute to bring it back in here though, it really used to be more enjoyable to come here and share with everybody.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Giggity!

Garage
I agree with you Denny. Without calling anybody out (it's pointless) I have stayed out of alot lately myself. I didn't want to jump into the middle of ssomething that was clearly not worth getting into. Which is unfortunate. I've noticed it, a certain uneasiness on the forum recently.

Maybe we just need to take a deep breath...... And relax.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

you're right denny. I'm sorry for being a "troll", my bad. j/k

but you are right. I do miss some members on here that I don't see that much (or at all) any more.

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 06:25 PM
If only it had 6th gear..

Amen Denny.

Dave

Mods:
Jetted, shaved & coastered
Home made under-tank single filter
Converted ACCT's to manual (thanks wib714)
Dual vac lines on petcock (my cure for ticking)
LED tail/plate lights
Relocated helmet lock to license plate

Added stuff:
Customized hard bags w/ lights
Chrome levers
Hellcat windscreen
LED running lights
Home made 'Vita-Volt' meter
Foot rests on engine guard
Tunes

Hmm....she was on the back when we left.... ??
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 06:41 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

As a newer member, I have held back at times myself from offering the small amount of knowledge I have gained in my one year of VN 750 ownership and avoided asking a question or two because of some of the things I have read directed at others and a few things sent my way. It seems there are a select few that get carried away with their comments and become narrow minded as to how everyone should think and set up their ride. One particular member doesn't even ride a Vulcan any more or at least it is not his steady ride as per some of his posts. I am all in favor of doing all I can to bring this forum back to where it was in the past, a place you can get useful help, knowledge, and experience without prejudice comments. Denny, thanks for bringing this out for all to see and think about. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and the best of any other holiday you may celebrate at this time of year.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan2000 View Post
As a newer member, I have held back at times myself from offering the small amount of knowledge I have gained in my one year of VN 750 ownership and avoided asking a question or two because of some of the things I have read directed at others and a few things sent my way. It seems there are a select few that get carried away with their comments and become narrow minded as to how everyone should think and set up their ride. One particular member doesn't even ride a Vulcan any more or at least it is not his steady ride as per some of his posts. I am all in favor of doing all I can to bring this forum back to where it was in the past, a place you can get useful help, knowledge, and experience without prejudice comments. Denny, thanks for bringing this out for all to see and think about. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and the best of any other holiday you may celebrate at this time of year.
I really didn't post this to point fingers at anyone in particular and what someone rides now is irrelevant to me,I ride a 1500 now but I still like the 750 and enjoyed it while I had it ,and would consider buying it back.

My point was ,as Jason pointed, out the general felling of uneasiness that seems to be everywhere.I think we all,me included,could do better.

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan2000 View Post
As a newer member, I have held back at times myself from offering the small amount of knowledge I have gained in my one year of VN 750 ownership and avoided asking a question or two because of some of the things I have read directed at others and a few things sent my way.
this is NOT the way this forum is! since before even I became a member, the saying on here was "there is no dumb questions". you could ask anything you wanted no matter how stupid you thought it might be. a person could ask anything and not be called a dolt or any other name and would never be belittled for asking such a question. I know! because I've asked some really dumb questions on here before and I got nothing but respect from ALL the members who replied to my threads/posts!

so, I am behind denny6006, 100%! please, lets get the forum back to where it was and kept it there!

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Drive less, ride more...

For some reason, this thread reminds me of the Looney Tunes "Goofy Gophers" who were polite to each other--seemingly to a fault.....

Politeness and consideration for others is not only important on this Forum, but (of course) to society in general.

Whenever we are polite to others, and show consideration for others ahead of ourselves, we improve the quality of life for others (and indirectly, ourselves).

'05 VN750

For other bike pix & mods, go to:
http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/...k/VN750%20pix/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement