Old dog - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Old dog

thanks for the kind words old dog. had good company on a good ride .
Now as for his name (old dog) for a 75 year old man he rides like a young pup!!!! the backroads we rode on had some good twisties on them and old dog was taking the curves like a young pup chasing a rabit. if any of you members want to go on a ride with him be ready to put your skills to the test cause he sure can ride. things went ok on my trip,minus the broken speedo cable and wearing out my rear tire. the ride home was good untill i got back to michigan. stoped at a rest area and when i got ready to leave , my clutch cable broke.i had about 75 miles left before i got to the house. so i put it in first , started the bike , shifted when the rpm's were just right and only had to stop 3 times after i got off the e-way,dam red lights.
over all the trip was enjoyable,did about 2300 miles, about 750 without a speedo including (the dragon and the moonshiner (us28) ) . the week went by too quick as all vacations do. tenn and kentuckey havesome good backroads , just wish i had time to ride more of them!!!!!!!!!!
when i get a chance i will post some pics

DRAGONRIDER
RIDE LONG AND RIDE SAFE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonrider View Post
thanks for the kind words old dog. things went ok on my trip,minus the broken speedo cable and wearing out my rear tire. the ride home was good untill i got back to michigan. stoped at a rest area and when i got ready to leave , my clutch cable broke.i had about 75 miles left before i got to the house. so i put it in first , started the bike , shifted when the rpm's were just right and only had to stop 3 times after i got off the e-way,dam red lights.
over all the trip was enjoyable,did about 2300 miles, about 750 without a speedo including (the dragon and the moonshiner (us28) ) . the week went by too quick as all vacations do. tenn and kentuckey havesome good backroads , just wish i had time to ride more of them!!!!!!!!!!
when i get a chance i will post some pics
Hey, just facts, glad you made it back ok, I was beginning to wonder as it took a bit for you to post, I was just about ready to call and check...
Cables goin on you, sounds like you might need a bit of Lock-Ease every once and again...lol...
BTW-I had to put on a rear tire Saturday also... Give me a call next time, and if I'm still able we'll kick up a few more gravel......
PS-I'm younger than stated, shucks I'm just 74, won't be 75 till Dec. ...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...

Last edited by Old Dog; 08-19-2011 at 10:55 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 07:49 AM

Garage
Got one complaint here fellers....... I'm jealous as hell. I live one state away from Old Dog and can't get the time off work (guess that's a got thing now days) to get up his way and ride the (good) roads. Got to be good rides if they name the roads, right? Glad you guys had a good time and yes, please post up the pictures. It would be good to see them.

Last edited by Chuck A.; 08-17-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement