My Vulcan is collecting dust...... - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Banned

My Vulcan is collecting dust......

Ever since I got the V-Star, my beloved Vulcan has been sitting mostly ignored in my garage. I say mostly because I have to walk around it to get to my toolbox..... It's about the only time I notice her anymore. Poor girl.......
And now Ive been pulling bling off her to adorn my new girl.
I threw a leg up over her today and eased into that old familiar seat. Even thou she'd been sitting all this time, with the push of a button she sprang to life obediently. So I rolled her out to the street for a ride. Dropped into first, eased the lever out, and rolled on the gas..... but it's all wrong now. The boards are too far back.... it's cramped.... the bars feel awkward.... the controls are off.
Yes, the thrill is gone......... And so this chapter of my beloved Vulcan must come to an end. We had some good times together traveling the highways and byways of the land..... me and my faithful companion... but it's time to let her go now, 'cause there's no room for both of them in my life (or garage.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 09:50 PM
Linkmeister Supreme

Better find a good home for her before she starts resenting you!

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 11:06 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Afraid I know exactly how you feel. When I got my FJR, I kept my Vulcan. But anytime I had the chance to ride, the new bike got the attention. After about a month, I felt guilty, and took the old girl out for a spin.

For some reason, it just did not feel right any more. I actualy said to someone it felt like going from riding a ten speed to trying to go back to riding a Big Wheel. It just didn't seem to fit right anymore.

I could not stand to see the bike neglected, so I placed an ad in the paper and she got sold in about a week.

I do love my FJR. And at times I do miss my Vulcan....but luckily I'm not done with the old twin yet. I picked up a fellow VN owners "old" bike when they bought a "newer" Vulcan model. I got it to make it into a solo seat custom, but money and time got put on hold.

Hopefully after my house gets built and my shop gets back in shape, I'll have the time to finish the project. In the meantime, I still have my FJR...and the two of us are still very happy.

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 01:39 AM

I have an 04 Goldwing and my 750 Kawi. I got the Kawi to do exactly as KM is talking about. I'm almost there and for a daily driver, I love it. My goldwing is for the wife and I and the kawi is definitely mine and only mine. If I go a day without riding it, I miss it. Except of course when I'm on the goldwing...

Louie

1995 VN750 - Work in Progress
2001 BN125 - Learning Bike
2004 GL1800 - All Done
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 01:51 AM
Growling at the World...

Send a message via Yahoo to bulldog485
Since I purchased my Nomad 1500FI in 2005, I've put 40 miles on my VN750. I'm prepping her for sale right now. I can't stand to see it sit in the garage and hope that there is someone out there that will give it the love and care I did for 10 good years.

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
http://www.bulldogsbike.com
2006 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic FLHTCUI ~ The Big Black Bitch ~ 26,000 miles.
2002 Kawasaki Nomad 1500 ~ The Red Dog ~ Traded in at 22,000 miles of smiles (purchased new 10/05 / Traded in 6/12).
1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 ~ Black Betty ~ 34,999.7 miles
VROC ~v~ 485
McHenry County Road Pirates
Chicagoland, IL
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 07:50 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dariv View Post
Ever since I got the V-Star, my beloved Vulcan has been sitting mostly ignored in my garage. I say mostly because I have to walk around it to get to my toolbox..... It's about the only time I notice her anymore. Poor girl.......
And now Ive been pulling bling off her to adorn my new girl.
I threw a leg up over her today and eased into that old familiar seat. Even thou she'd been sitting all this time, with the push of a button she sprang to life obediently. So I rolled her out to the street for a ride. Dropped into first, eased the lever out, and rolled on the gas..... but it's all wrong now. The boards are too far back.... it's cramped.... the bars feel awkward.... the controls are off.
Yes, the thrill is gone......... And so this chapter of my beloved Vulcan must come to an end. We had some good times together traveling the highways and byways of the land..... me and my faithful companion... but it's time to let her go now, 'cause there's no room for both of them in my life (or garage.)
We ride together so I know how good and well maintained your Vulcan is but I understand your decision. Your new V-Star is one nice machine.

JM2001

" Loud Pipes Risk Rights "

2001 Vulcan 750
marbled
TOC upgrade on ACCT
Air/fuel mixture set to 2 1/2 out
rectifier relocated
splines lubed
iridiums
decals removed
upgraded mirrors
Pic up coil mod done
degoated
All LED lighting
Upgraded Mosfet rectifier
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 09:40 AM

Sell me your cruzers? Ya I know you want to sell it as a whole. Worth a try though.

No more Vulcan
New ride 2012 Victory hammer 8 ball
Stage 1 with Cobra 2 into 1 exhaust.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxedoSeven View Post
After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.
ahhh......... "amok time." Great episode.... always wanted to get my hands on one of those lirpa....

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Hwy View Post
Sell me your cruzers? Ya I know you want to sell it as a whole. Worth a try though.
Problem is, I have soooo much invested in this bike with extras, mods, and accessories...... I'll never get anywhere near what I have into it.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifemaker View Post

...I do love my FJR....
Yeah, Yamaha makes a great bike.....Those FJR's are cool as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifemaker View Post
And at times I do miss my Vulcan....but luckily I'm not done with the old twin yet. I picked up a fellow VN owners "old" bike when they bought a "newer" Vulcan model. I got it to make it into a solo seat custom, but money and time got put on hold.
Why didn't I think of that?? That's a great idea...... I could turn her into a bobber!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement