Observations after 500 miles - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Observations after 500 miles

My 2004 has 5600 miles on it. I put 500 of the miles on the bike since I bought it this season.
I have owned many bikes, big bikes, sport bikes touring bikes, many different brands and there is just something about this little VN750 that really makes me smile everytime I ride it. It handles great, its fast, its great on gas, it sounds great with the V&H Cruizers, and on the highway doing 75 with my wife on the back its as smooth if not smoother than any bike I have ever owned. Typically, smaller bikes like the VN750 get blown around on the highway and you can really feel the "small bike" factor when you are cruising at highway speeds. Not this bike. This bike feels as smooth and stable on the highway if not more stable than my last few bikes which included a HD Ultra Classic and a VN1500FI.
Whether I am blasting through the twisties, wailing on it on a straight or 75mph with my wife on the back on the highway.. this bike is a blast to ride.
If it was only a little longer so that my wife wasn't riding on my back and I wasn't smashed up against the gas tank.
Regardless... what a fun bike to ride.
I actually got a compliment on it last night too. I was parked next to a 2009 HD Rocker C that was all tricked out, a 2011 HD Streetglide 103CI, a 2007 HD Springer CVO with a 110CI in it, a 2012 HD Blackline with the 103CI and a few Ultra Classics. There are very few metric cruisers in CT. The metric bikes are all sport bikes. The cruisers are 99% HD's. Anyway, the guy on the Blackline came over and complimented on my bike saying that he hasn't seen one of these since the 80's and when I told him mine was a 2004 he was surprised because it looks so old school. I think it looks cool as heck. Anyway... great bike. If any of you guys are lurking the website and pondering whether the VN750 is the right bike... you really need to give one a test ride.
Its also extremely fun to shift a cruiser bike at between 5K and 6K rpms!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgcable View Post
Its also extremely fun to shift a cruiser bike at between 5K and 6K rpms!!
Yeah, these little turds really perform. It's so much fun to ride that I can't hate it no matter how much I want to.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 12:33 AM
Daily Rider

I have to agree. I bought mine in may of 09 and have put about 8000 miles on it. Would have more if I hadn't wrecked it in march. Got it back together and smile every time I throw my leg over it. Great handling, fast little bike, just a pleasure to ride. As far as running through the gears between 5k and 6k on the tach, people really look at you when you start shifting through the gears and your left hand isn't even touching the clutch lever. Won't do that on a HD unless they have really changed their trannys over the years.

2000 VN 750

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHillyard View Post
"As far as running through the gears between 5k and 6k on the tach, people really look at you when you start shifting through the gears and your left hand isn't even touching the clutch lever.
I enjoy that too. I ran 2nd up to 9k once; started to feel valve float so I popped it into 3rd - sounded real sweet but I couldn't help worrying about the splines on the shaft with that much abuse.

DT

95 VN750 (eBay)31k+
GL1100 front fender
OEM engine guard
OEM high back rest
'V-Twin' HWY pegs
Black 750 Spectre handlebars
SunPro Volt Meter (Amazon)
Maier bug shield (JCW)
Bar Ends anti-vibe (JCW)
Emgo air filters
Tank bag-Eclipse