Ahhh, Couple of Rants or Gripes...lol... - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

Ahhh, Couple of Rants or Gripes...lol...

Went for a good little twistie ride up thru Normandy & Wartrace and on 64 & 99 to Murfreesboro and back of about 137 mi., got back home around noon to eat lunch and mow this afternoon...
I don't know why cages here in Mid. Tn. cages cut in on curves that they can't see clear on, I was raised and learned to drive in the sticks of East Tn. and we had plenty of curves, and we cut curves too, but only when you could see that it was clear... Met no less than 3 cages in turns on my side, dang glad I wasn't in my cage... That was rant #1...lol...
Why do lawn mowers have to have their shutes turned toward the road, can't they run the other way...??? If they are goin to throw all those clippings on the pavement then they should have to post signs, the Hwy. Dept. does... I Run into 2 near blind turns that were loaded with grass clippings, made me almost crap...
If someone goes down on grass clippings thrown in the road, I think they should sue the people for everything they have, so they can never buy another ridin mower...
OK, I'm cool now, rants over...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Giggity!

Garage
That raises a good point. Would the home owner be responsible since they created the hazardous environment?

Perfectly legit gripes in my opinion!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 02:17 PM

AMEN to that lol even here in Colorado up in the hills its almost always blind corners. There's always someone hogging the road, and yes summer time here is fun with all the geenways and medians being trimmed theres always excess in the streets not to mention the left over gravel from winter sanding....But the one way to fix it is more throttle theropy lol have a good one old dog.

86 Vn750
Coastered
De-Goated
Ears shaved
"Custom Pipes"
"Custom Seat"
Apes
Stator Mod
Malteese led Turn Signals (Rear)
Paid 750.00$ for her in 2005 w/ 9k
Currently @ 23k and counting

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 03:42 PM

Why the hell would you intentionally drive on the wrong side of the road in a blind turn? That is, hands down, bar none, the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Maybe they know they need to be selected naturally, that's why they're behaving that way.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Member? ... check.

Garage
Many times the cage cuttin' your corner is speeding on top of it. No doubt locals familiar with their home ground almost every time. Playin' roulette eh?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Big Dumb Viking

Send a message via AIM to asbrand Send a message via MSN to asbrand Send a message via Yahoo to asbrand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
I was raised and learned to drive in the sticks of East Tn. and we had plenty of curves, and we cut curves too, but only when you could see that it was clear...

You too, 'eh?

I was born and raised in the Tri-Cities (born in Kingsport, raised in Gray).

Learned to drive those twistys by going over Sam's Gap to North Carolina, before they finished the interstate. *grin*

-Az
http://www.asbrand.com

1989 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

Upgrades so Far:
Coastered
R/R relocated
Analog Voltmeter
PFIII Windshield
RAM GPS Mount w/Garmin GPS
Cigarette Lighter Power Adapter
Saddlemen's Classic Explorer Seat
Pro-Tac Driver's Backrest
LED Tail Light
LED Rear Turn Signals
Luggage Rack
Storage Trunk
Engine Guard w/Highway Pegs
Radiator Grill Cover
Turn Signal Relocation Bracket
Saddlebags
Floorboards
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 10:05 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
Went for a good little twistie ride up thru Normandy & Wartrace and on 64 & 99 to Murfreesboro and back of about 137 mi., got back home around noon to eat lunch and mow this afternoon...
I don't know why cages here in Mid. Tn. cages cut in on curves that they can't see clear on, I was raised and learned to drive in the sticks of East Tn. and we had plenty of curves, and we cut curves too, but only when you could see that it was clear... Met no less than 3 cages in turns on my side, dang glad I wasn't in my cage... That was rant #1...lol...
Why do lawn mowers have to have their shutes turned toward the road, can't they run the other way...??? If they are goin to throw all those clippings on the pavement then they should have to post signs, the Hwy. Dept. does... I Run into 2 near blind turns that were loaded with grass clippings, made me almost crap...
If someone goes down on grass clippings thrown in the road, I think they should sue the people for everything they have, so they can never buy another ridin mower...
OK, I'm cool now, rants over...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...
I 'll amen both of those rants , grass on the highway leaves me weak in the knees and if you see someone on the side of the road on a mower ,give a wide berth because they will turn around right back into the road in front of you without looking.

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 10:22 PM

i used to work for a landscaping place in northern indiana when i was 19 and they told me that it was illegal to blow grass into the road. it really p's me off when i see people blowing grass out. i want to carry a broom with me and sweep it back into their yard while they are mowing just to p them off. ah i feel better now
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 10:22 PM

Garage
I think these things happen cause people have come to think of things as being their "Right'', not a privilege to do things. If someone causes harm to some one else they are still protected by some law, some where, cause 'they had the right...'. People on cell phones are the number one example. Can't miss what someone is saying but will run a light or sit at a stop sign waiting for it to turn green cause somebody is talking,,, five minutes later they can't remember what was said. It's their "right" to drive but if they screw up you'll probably get the finger.

Last edited by Chuck A.; 07-14-2011 at 10:27 PM.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 10:38 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Never really had a problem with grass clippings on the road, but do with my counties habit of tossing course sand out instead of road salt. Snow melts, dries up and is gone.... But the sand/gravel stays for days even after it's warm and dry enough to ride.

It's always good practice to stick to the right going through blind turns. This may have saved my life a few times.... You only hope the pinheads that can't stick to their side of the road here meet an oncoming garbage truck someday and fly through their windshields.

Add to this the ciggerette flicker, the pickup with trash blowing out of the bed, and the inattentive cell phone fiddler.

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/

Last edited by Knifemaker; 07-14-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement