So I am going to be joining the big bike club! - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
baldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St. Albans, Maine
Posts: 796
iTrader: (0)
 
So I am going to be joining the big bike club!

Yes it is true. I am going to be side lining my 750's (not for good) to buy a 2005 Yamaha Road Star Warrior 1700. Yup I took that bad boy for a ride and said...."Man my 750's won't beat this beast!" lol I hope to be getting it today and will post pics soon......Well after I get done riding it of course. haha

01' VN750
Jardine cross over exaust
Kyriakin grips and foot pegs
Modified seat and backrest
Windshield
Luggage rack
Crash bar with Kyriakin pegs and extensions
Kumho 758 165/80-15 CT rear Dunlop 404 110/90-19 front
Coastered and air/fuel screws at 2.5 turns
Spline lube

93' VN750 getting TLC
Decals and mirrors
Coastered and air/fuel screws at 2.5 turns
ACCTs to MCCTs
Degoated with Harley mufflers
Duro 110-90-19 front 150-90-15 rear
Pick-up coils at .020
Spline lube
baldy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Old Fart
 
Knifemaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Catawissa, MO
Posts: 11,627
iTrader: (4)
     
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Yes it is true. I am going to be side lining my 750's (not for good) to buy a 2005 Yamaha Road Star Warrior 1700. Yup I took that bad boy for a ride and said...."Man my 750's won't beat this beast!" haha

Except in the turns. And off the line....


Congrats....power is addictive.

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
Knifemaker is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Sparky!!!
 
slimvulcanrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,695
iTrader: (3)
   
Garage
one of my riding buddies has a tricked out 08 warrior, after riding with me a couple of times, he wishes he could find a VN750... i took him off the line, and blew past him in the twisties, and left him in my exhaust powering out into the straights. He started gaining on me after about 5 miles of straights.. but he never became more than a bumblebee sized dot in my mirrors (until I let him catch me).
slimvulcanrider is offline  
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Linkmeister Supreme
 
OlHossCanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 7,960
iTrader: (8)
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimvulcanrider View Post
one of my riding buddies has a tricked out 08 warrior, after riding with me a couple of times, he wishes he could find a VN750... i took him off the line, and blew past him in the twisties, and left him in my exhaust powering out into the straights. He started gaining on me after about 5 miles of straights.. but he never became more than a bumblebee sized dot in my mirrors (until I let him catch me).
Slim, how much riding experience does this buddy have?
Does this experience reflect more on the relative power/speed of the bikes, or on his riding skills?

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15


TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
OlHossCanada is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 119
iTrader: (0)
 
Congratz. Fantastic looking and riding bike. There is nothing like the feel of a big twin. Completely different from the little 750 thats for sure.
I have had alot of bikes over the years, Vulcan 1500FI, HD Ultra Classic, Honda Valkyrie, Honda Goldwing to name a few.
I prefer smaller bikes now but I gotta say there is nothing like riding in total stretched out comfort on the highway on a big twin.
Its also cool to ride up on other riders on a bike that has one of the largest motors available.
Take your time and get used to the size and weight. Especially during low speeds like parking. That bike probably weighs around 750lbs wet.

Again, congratz!
jgcable is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 119
iTrader: (0)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlHossCanada View Post
Slim, how much riding experience does this buddy have?
Does this experience reflect more on the relative power/speed of the bikes, or on his riding skills?
Your buddy was either loafing on the bike, he isn't experienced or there was something wrong with it.

There is no way you are blowing off an 08 tricked warrior off the line or on the straights. No way. Certainly in the twisties though but even then, an experienced rider would probably leave you in the dust.
My buddy has a 2007 HD CVO Springer Softail. It has the 110 (1800cc) motor on it. It has a Springer front end, its low and its not generally considered a fantastic handling bike. He has been riding for 30 years. He can leave just about anybody in the dust anywhere at just about anytime. He has even taken some high end sportbikes. The common denominator.... rider experience.
Hey, I am the first to admit that the VN750 is pretty fast and a blast to ride. It seems to do everything good although it does get blown around on the highway pretty good. I will also say there is no way its going to take an 08 tricked out warrior off the line or in the straights.
jgcable is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Sparky!!!
 
slimvulcanrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,695
iTrader: (3)
   
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlHossCanada View Post
Slim, how much riding experience does this buddy have?
Does this experience reflect more on the relative power/speed of the bikes, or on his riding skills?
He has been professionally riding dirt bikes since he was in his early teens, been racing big bikes for about 6 years now.... He is a lot better rider than me... and he to this day wants a rematch... He is bewildered by the agility, power, and finesse of the little 750. The only thing he doesn't like about our little 750, his g/f won't ride on the back of it since it has a sissy bar
slimvulcanrider is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Sparky!!!
 
slimvulcanrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,695
iTrader: (3)
   
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgcable View Post
Your buddy was either loafing on the bike, he isn't experienced or there was something wrong with it.

There is no way you are blowing off an 08 tricked warrior off the line or on the straights. No way. Certainly in the twisties though but even then, an experienced rider would probably leave you in the dust.
My buddy has a 2007 HD CVO Springer Softail. It has the 110 (1800cc) motor on it. It has a Springer front end, its low and its not generally considered a fantastic handling bike. He has been riding for 30 years. He can leave just about anybody in the dust anywhere at just about anytime. He has even taken some high end sportbikes. The common denominator.... rider experience.
Hey, I am the first to admit that the VN750 is pretty fast and a blast to ride. It seems to do everything good although it does get blown around on the highway pretty good. I will also say there is no way its going to take an 08 tricked out warrior off the line or in the straights.


he was taking me in the straits, but the problem was the straits weren't long enough for him to completly catch up... we were both riding very agressive, sparks flying on most turns as we dug our pegs into the pavement.

Ohh one other thing... the Creep Show is hopped up a bit too... I still need to take her out to a Dino Drag and see what I am getting for HP to the rear wheel...
slimvulcanrider is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
baldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St. Albans, Maine
Posts: 796
iTrader: (0)
 
Here she is. I stopped long enough to take a quick snapshot. lol More pics will come after I give her a good rubbing....the bike that is. haha The best thing with this bike is....it has 2 into 1 V&H pipes, power commander, T-bars, and other add ons. Less for me to do and more riding. haha

Oh and yeah I have a 215-45-17 CT picked out for it after the 200-45-17 MT wears out by fall. haha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	07-01-11_1555.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	3875  

01' VN750
Jardine cross over exaust
Kyriakin grips and foot pegs
Modified seat and backrest
Windshield
Luggage rack
Crash bar with Kyriakin pegs and extensions
Kumho 758 165/80-15 CT rear Dunlop 404 110/90-19 front
Coastered and air/fuel screws at 2.5 turns
Spline lube

93' VN750 getting TLC
Decals and mirrors
Coastered and air/fuel screws at 2.5 turns
ACCTs to MCCTs
Degoated with Harley mufflers
Duro 110-90-19 front 150-90-15 rear
Pick-up coils at .020
Spline lube
baldy is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 01:12 AM
Sparky!!!
 
slimvulcanrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,695
iTrader: (3)
   
Garage
nice looking scoot... happy trails to you.
slimvulcanrider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Once registered, your User Name"cannot be changed". We can make exceptions within 7 days, but after that, it is set in stone.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome