So I am going to be joining the big bike club! - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

So I am going to be joining the big bike club!

Yes it is true. I am going to be side lining my 750's (not for good) to buy a 2005 Yamaha Road Star Warrior 1700. Yup I took that bad boy for a ride and said...."Man my 750's won't beat this beast!" lol I hope to be getting it today and will post pics soon......Well after I get done riding it of course. haha

01' VN750
Jardine cross over exaust
Kyriakin grips and foot pegs
Modified seat and backrest
Windshield
Luggage rack
Crash bar with Kyriakin pegs and extensions
Kumho 758 165/80-15 CT rear Dunlop 404 110/90-19 front
Coastered and air/fuel screws at 2.5 turns
Spline lube

93' VN750 getting TLC
Decals and mirrors
ACCTs to MCCTs
Degoated with Harley mufflers
Duro 110-90-19 front 150-90-15 rear
Pick-up coils at .020
Spline lube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Old Fart

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Yes it is true. I am going to be side lining my 750's (not for good) to buy a 2005 Yamaha Road Star Warrior 1700. Yup I took that bad boy for a ride and said...."Man my 750's won't beat this beast!" haha

Except in the turns. And off the line....

Congrats....power is addictive.

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Sparky!!!

Garage
one of my riding buddies has a tricked out 08 warrior, after riding with me a couple of times, he wishes he could find a VN750... i took him off the line, and blew past him in the twisties, and left him in my exhaust powering out into the straights. He started gaining on me after about 5 miles of straights.. but he never became more than a bumblebee sized dot in my mirrors (until I let him catch me).

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Linkmeister Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimvulcanrider View Post
one of my riding buddies has a tricked out 08 warrior, after riding with me a couple of times, he wishes he could find a VN750... i took him off the line, and blew past him in the twisties, and left him in my exhaust powering out into the straights. He started gaining on me after about 5 miles of straights.. but he never became more than a bumblebee sized dot in my mirrors (until I let him catch me).
Slim, how much riding experience does this buddy have?
Does this experience reflect more on the relative power/speed of the bikes, or on his riding skills?

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 01:38 PM

Congratz. Fantastic looking and riding bike. There is nothing like the feel of a big twin. Completely different from the little 750 thats for sure.
I have had alot of bikes over the years, Vulcan 1500FI, HD Ultra Classic, Honda Valkyrie, Honda Goldwing to name a few.
I prefer smaller bikes now but I gotta say there is nothing like riding in total stretched out comfort on the highway on a big twin.
Its also cool to ride up on other riders on a bike that has one of the largest motors available.
Take your time and get used to the size and weight. Especially during low speeds like parking. That bike probably weighs around 750lbs wet.

Again, congratz!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlHossCanada View Post
Does this experience reflect more on the relative power/speed of the bikes, or on his riding skills?
Your buddy was either loafing on the bike, he isn't experienced or there was something wrong with it.

There is no way you are blowing off an 08 tricked warrior off the line or on the straights. No way. Certainly in the twisties though but even then, an experienced rider would probably leave you in the dust.
My buddy has a 2007 HD CVO Springer Softail. It has the 110 (1800cc) motor on it. It has a Springer front end, its low and its not generally considered a fantastic handling bike. He has been riding for 30 years. He can leave just about anybody in the dust anywhere at just about anytime. He has even taken some high end sportbikes. The common denominator.... rider experience.
Hey, I am the first to admit that the VN750 is pretty fast and a blast to ride. It seems to do everything good although it does get blown around on the highway pretty good. I will also say there is no way its going to take an 08 tricked out warrior off the line or in the straights.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Sparky!!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlHossCanada View Post
He has been professionally riding dirt bikes since he was in his early teens, been racing big bikes for about 6 years now.... He is a lot better rider than me... and he to this day wants a rematch... He is bewildered by the agility, power, and finesse of the little 750. The only thing he doesn't like about our little 750, his g/f won't ride on the back of it since it has a sissy bar
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Sparky!!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgcable View Post
Your buddy was either loafing on the bike, he isn't experienced or there was something wrong with it.

There is no way you are blowing off an 08 tricked warrior off the line or on the straights. No way. Certainly in the twisties though but even then, an experienced rider would probably leave you in the dust.
My buddy has a 2007 HD CVO Springer Softail. It has the 110 (1800cc) motor on it. It has a Springer front end, its low and its not generally considered a fantastic handling bike. He has been riding for 30 years. He can leave just about anybody in the dust anywhere at just about anytime. He has even taken some high end sportbikes. The common denominator.... rider experience.
Hey, I am the first to admit that the VN750 is pretty fast and a blast to ride. It seems to do everything good although it does get blown around on the highway pretty good. I will also say there is no way its going to take an 08 tricked out warrior off the line or in the straights.

he was taking me in the straits, but the problem was the straits weren't long enough for him to completly catch up... we were both riding very agressive, sparks flying on most turns as we dug our pegs into the pavement.

Ohh one other thing... the Creep Show is hopped up a bit too... I still need to take her out to a Dino Drag and see what I am getting for HP to the rear wheel...
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

Here she is. I stopped long enough to take a quick snapshot. lol More pics will come after I give her a good rubbing....the bike that is. haha The best thing with this bike is....it has 2 into 1 V&H pipes, power commander, T-bars, and other add ons. Less for me to do and more riding. haha

Oh and yeah I have a 215-45-17 CT picked out for it after the 200-45-17 MT wears out by fall. haha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	07-01-11_1555.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	3875  

01' VN750
Jardine cross over exaust
Kyriakin grips and foot pegs
Modified seat and backrest
Windshield
Luggage rack
Crash bar with Kyriakin pegs and extensions
Kumho 758 165/80-15 CT rear Dunlop 404 110/90-19 front
Spline lube

93' VN750 getting TLC
Decals and mirrors
ACCTs to MCCTs
Degoated with Harley mufflers
Duro 110-90-19 front 150-90-15 rear
Pick-up coils at .020
Spline lube
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 01:12 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
nice looking scoot... happy trails to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement