VN750 brotherhood - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

VN750 brotherhood

I went to my bike today to check that it was still starting ok after sitting for a day. As I approached it, I noticed a red VN750 parked next to it. I was revving my "Archange" while thinking I wasn't the only one who knew the value of the VN750 around my neighborhood when the owner showed up.
He came straight to me all smile declaring "what a nice bike you have there." He wanted to show me his bike. Turned out it was a '85 VN700 that he got for $1100 with Vince-Hines pipes already installed. He didn't know much about the bike and was having starting issues. So I quickly gave him the run down of what I have learned on this forum (referred him to it as well.)
That was my first time getting accosted by a total stranger just because we have the same motorcycle. We talked for at least 30 minutes about the bike. And it was like we've known each other for a long time haha.
When I got my VN750, it was to get back to my first love: motorcycle, and to have a personal mode of transportation in the city that also offers ease of parking. But I am pleasantly surprised that I have joined a brotherhood of sorts. This is great.
I thought I'd share with you. Ride safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 07:08 PM

Awesome story.
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 01:30 PM

Cool story bro.

I've never seen another 750 on the road, or hardly anything but Harleys or sportsbikes...did see a vn900 one time, though.

post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 02:40 PM

I always get a kick out of meeting others with the same bike, bought mine as a starter and never want to give her up lmao (there's really not to many guys with a bike as old as they are) but out here in colorado I see quite a few vulcans around gotta love the ears...they make for easy Identification. I actually saw a fellow vn750 rider yesterday on university blvd near arapahoe... I always wonder if they are on the site to lol

86 Vn750
Coastered
De-Goated
Ears shaved
"Custom Pipes"
"Custom Seat"
Apes
Stator Mod
Malteese led Turn Signals (Rear)
Paid 750.00$ for her in 2005 w/ 9k
Currently @ 23k and counting
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Sparky!!!

Garage
Stones, I know of at least three VN750's in your area... and a fourth to be up there ab out this time next year.
post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 04:34 PM

I've seen one go by one of the main streets past my neighborhood more than a few times. Always wonder if he's on here or not too.

Global warming? So what if my kids never see a polar bear. I never saw a dinosaur and I'm ok.
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

cool story!

long live the Vulcan (750) brotherhood!

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!
post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 09:35 PM

I saw a vn750 cruising down the road the other day. I tried to show my love for the brotherhood, but he was cruising faster than I could follow on foot....
post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

You're right, I find that I'm always checking for the VN750 when I see a bunch of bikes. There's that feeling of kinship. Most owners are pretty nice but some just are just outside the profile and they're probably not members of this forum. We only have the good guys.

2003 Wine/Gray VN750 bought in 2005 w/2000 Miles
LED Tail/Brakelight & License Plate Light;Chrome Inspection Sticker Plate ;Battery Charging Quick Plug;Kuryakyn LED Battery Voltmeter;Throttle Rocker Palm Rest;Optronics Driving Lamps;KnifeMaker Floor Boards;Halogen Headlamp Bulb;OEM Engine Guard;Iridium Spark Plugs;OEM Luggage rack;Stebel Air Horn;Handlebar Clock; Handlebar Thermometer; Sealed Battery; Marbled; Leather Grip Covers; Rectangular Mirrors

~VROC~ # 389
post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 11:02 AM

I was also pleasantly surprised when I found this forum. The university I attend has over 500 registered motorcycles, and I still haven't seen a single 750 other than my own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement