would someone plz like to elaborate why no one responds - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy would someone plz like to elaborate why no one responds

what is it anyone makes a post they get responses help and advice, but i don't.

i mean im sorry if im nothing but bad news and anoying **** but that's what its been for me to. im not having fun here. that's why i am now forced to sell my bike and lose lots of money. i dont want to but it doesn't hold up. it keeps breaking and im done throwing money at it as it is not as plentiful as id like.

the tapping in my rear valve cover is back yet again. the persisting problem that wont stay gone. it eats the cams. it makes good oil pressure, i put in new cams, rockers and lash adjusters as well as the oil pipe feeding the heads. then i broke the cams in right and used lucas break in adative. rode it easy for at least 1000 miles not even getting on it after that. after the break in it rly only lasted one and a half oil changes before being back as before. the only thing i can think is that the head is messed up, but i refuse to go in fix it and spend more money. does anyone have any other thoughts? plz help. i dont have the money to play around. my bike is my daily driver commuter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 07:02 PM

I haven't seen your posts before. I have no idea why your bike does that, but maybe you should consider buying the whole head with cams and just replace it?

Also, are you sure it's not ACCT noise?
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 07:36 PM

Sorry to hear of your issues. I haven't been on in a while but I haven't had the pleasure of doing a full tear down so I couldn't have helped anyway. I know your pain though.

It's entirely possible that the cam(s) isn't getting oiled as it should. I had that happen years ago on a 396 I was building. turned out the cam wasn't getting oiled. Have you tried blowing air through the oil lines to make sure they are all open as should be? Might want to try that. Hang tough dude. My bike had me pissed more times than I care to remember but I finally got it all sorted out and she runs like a champ now. Had me worried at one point so much I didn't want to go out of town at all.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Banned

I was looking for your posts that hadn't received responses. The first I found was your for sale post... probably no responses because you're asking $4500!
https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthrea...193#post176193

From your craigslist ad dated 06/02, it sounds like your $4500 bike is "road worthy and ready for another owner to take good care of her. its a good overall bike for anyone"....
https://post.craigslist.org/manage/2417603855/ne82p

Hopefully you wouldn't actually take advantage of a fellow member like that.... but who knows?!?

Last edited by km60155; 06-11-2011 at 07:58 PM.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 08:38 PM

I agree, though I'll say it for what it is. Bitching for help like you deserve it after trying to scam any board member is a party foul. I do feel your pain, though, and I really hope someone is able to help you work the problems out.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 08:56 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

I also looked at some of your previous posts. The location listed in your heading is "VT" which is Vermont as best I can determine but your for sale listing is for Virginia which would be VA. That isn't too bad but when you go into detail as to all the probems you are having with the bike in several different posts and you are asking $4500 with a statement as to how great the bike is in a Craigs list ad you are stepping over the line. You are not consistent with your information and then you wonder why no one wants to deal with you? Without a good explanation for the cover up on the condition of the bike and the exceptionally high price for bike with major problems there seems to be good reason not to get involved with you. I have not noticed anyone else complain about no receiving help and information from anyone else. I myself have asked several questions and received quick and very valuable answers. This forum is a wealth of information and an open door to a great group of people that are just waiting to share their knowledge and experience with anyone. My suggestion is to first figure out where you are located and then try being honest and drop the poor me routine. Your problem is your problem but the people here are more than willing to give you the best advice to correct any problem with your bike just for the asking. Don't try to pass off your bike to someone else by telling them the bike is running great when it isn't. Try some honesty. It goes a long way.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Drive less, ride more...

It's nothing personal....we just don't believe in ghosts........???

'05 VN750

For other bike pix & mods, go to:
http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/...k/VN750%20pix/
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Concert connoisseur

Garage
I have been a member for 3 years now and have asked for help many times, sometimes my "help" thread may get 3 pages of responses, sometimes it may get three responses, it probably depends on what the problem is and how many people have encountered said problem. also depends on how much activity is going on around here at the time, we had a list somwhere on what months were the most active months here and what were the slowest, two months ago was very busy as everyone was sorting out there bugs for the season and gettin antsy to ride but quite couldnt yet, it seems to have slowed a bit this month probably due to summer, riding, little league, mowing, vacations and work. I know that is my deal at the moment. also if your thread has a lot of views but no posts or replies it means a lot of people have looked at your problem but was not able to offer advice.
I wish you luck and hope you get her worked out as I know how it is to need your bike, I commute 100 miles a day and gas eats me up in my truck!

1986 vn 750 aka "Huck Farley"
42,000 miles
Rick's stator and rr
Tuxedo stator cover mod
pickup coil mod
dampers replaced
agm m/f battery
Harley sportster exhaust, degoated
Hid conversion
splines lubed
custom "vn750.com" grill cover
NGK Iridium spark plugs

acct to mcct mod https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17917

rekeying locks, https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7309

stator replacement walkthrough, https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11369
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theauhawk View Post
It's nothing personal....we just don't believe in ghosts........???
^^^^ sitting here laughing my head off. That was funny ^^^
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 10:51 PM

Good luck selling a broken bike. I can't even sell mine for $900 and all it needs is a gasket. May be better off to fix it or get it fixed and then try to sell it.

Bike is sold, thanks for the help guys. Ride safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement