Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

WHat is with these asshoels on ebay?

3K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  slowz 
#1 ·
LOL can't edit the title. I'm sure you know I meant "*******s"

Selling chrome side covers for $50 per side?

The luggage racks going for $250 I can understand - it's market price - but the $50 BIN individual side covers is just low.

#2 ·
I don't like all the buy it now pricing lately instead of bidding ,usually from some salvage place,that is going to get their asking price from some body with money,buy it now or make an offer isn't as bad,but you kinda have to put some of the blame ebay for all the fees they put on sellers these days,i also don't like a set shipping price that is way more than it costs to ship something,that to me is making money two ways and hiding part of the profit.

#3 ·
It's hard to give out a good deal on ebay. Unless you have a store there and you're selling constantly, the ebay fees are too much and you'll just end up taking a loss. And the ones that have stores there don't care and will give you a high price anyway.

#6 ·
#5 ·
I believe if you have an Ebay store you just pay a flat fee per month for it. Then all 'buy it now" listings are free for you to list while all auctions you list actually cost a bit to post.

-Sloppy

#7 ·
ebay and paypal fees will kill you!

#8 ·
Ebay is great and it saves me a lot of money. If you don't like it, don't use it. How hard is that?

#9 ·
They only sell for what people will pay. You can't blame Ebay for a $250 rack. If nobody bids, it doesn't sell. If you have one to sell, you want the full value, right?

If nobody bought them for $250, then chances are, the sellers would re-list them for less money until they sold.

If a person doesn't want to pay that much, they are free to make one, themselves. I was torn between buying one, and making a homemade model... but decided that $200 was better than spending a couple of full days, plus materials, making an ugly one. lol

And no, if/when I'm done with it, I'm not selling it for $50! :)

#11 ·
No, you just need to look at the seller's reputation before you bid and follow the purchase instructions..... But I think it's great that people don't like Ebay, it reduces demand and lowers prices!

#13 ·
Just bought an old 98 Yamaha XL760 off Craigslist from a US Marshall. Had no idea he was going to be a US Marshall. Everything went really smooth. He was a great guy and I think I got a great deal. Had cash in my pocket and with all the stories I've heard about set ups on craigslist I had my XD 9 subcompact with me. As soon as I pulled up to the neighborhood I realized everything was fine but I didn't know the area so I carried anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.