Bad end to a good day - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Bad end to a good day

Well for those of you that saw the fact I just picked up a second bike the same year as first one I bought, it may have been in the nick of time... Just got rear ended at a stop light, I am fine just so you all know.

I was watching the car pull up behind me as I always do. Car slows is almost stopped, then the front picks up and faster than I know I am on the ground.

I had a bit of a feeling about today... but it's nice out, needed cigs and had to stop at the bank. Got all that done and on my way home, BLAM. I was able to ride it back home. Cop suggested, if it felt ok, it did so I made my way home.

Going to get it to a dealer and have it gone over. Finally get nice weather and I'm down for a while...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5-6-2011 crash 015.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	3721   Click image for larger version

Name:	5-6-2011 crash 016.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	3722   Click image for larger version

Name:	5-6-2011 crash 017.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	3723  

K&N filters
MF-AGM Battery
93' VN750 / 13,600mi
Vestal, New York
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

Glad you are ok, just don't let him say you backed into to him...lol... Yeah, that second bike might come in handy quicker than you thought.... Hopefully he had good Ins. and all will end well for you... Seems like now is the time for some real good bags and other stuff...lol... Go for what you can, because that is what they expect, and they will deal likewise anyway...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 06:50 PM

Garage
Really is good to hear your fine. Hope all goes well with the repairs. What year is this bike?
I seem to always get screw by the other party involved. 7 accidents in pickup trucks, all from behind, only 2 ever had insurance, always had to battle with them and it still cost me some money.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 07:11 PM

Man that sucks! I had that happen to me back in '73 while sitting at the only light in town. It was Main St. at Hwy 20 and 4 of us were riding on a beautiful spring day and stopped at the light with me at the back and this old man just drove up, stopped, then proceeded to rear end me which knocked me down. I wasn't hurt nor was my bike but I got up and went to his car and he was laughing. I reached in and turned off his car and took the keys. Of course this pissed him off but he was like 70 and I was 22 so he just yelled. Finally the one town cop showed up and ended up taking the guy to jail. He was standing there telling everyone he did it on purpose! LOL, I never did figure that one out but never saw the old man again. Freaks you out when your watching it occur in your rear view mirror and nothing you can do.

Hope you don't feel any bumps tomorrow.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Yes, consider yourself lucky you were not hurt. A freind at work just found out his brother in law was rear ended 2 nights ago while riding his bike.

He is in a coma, badly fractured skull , has a punctured lung and various abrasions and breaks. They can't opperate on him until he comes out of the coma...if he does.

No, he was not wearing a helmet.

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 02:26 AM
Linkmeister Supreme

That really sucks. Centurynick was almost run over today too.
Glad you are ok.

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 06:27 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Glad you're Ok. In RI we all need to have insurance. You always pay a lot in but try getting any money if someone hits you... Ha... It's like pulling teeth. These days you have to fight for any type of collection on insurance claims.

1989 VN750
Purchased 4/26/2008 @ 27,320 Mi

Upgrades:
Travelcade Mustang Seat
SpitFire Tinted Quick Release Windshield
Degoat, Drilled & Jetted
Leather Saddle Bags
Johar Signature Grips
Deka ETX15L Powersports AGM Battery
NGK DPR7EIX-9

Upcoming:
1991 VN750 Project Bike
Purchased 4/30/2011 @ 31,970 Mi
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck A. View Post
Really is good to hear your fine. Hope all goes well with the repairs. What year is this bike?
I seem to always get screw by the other party involved. 7 accidents in pickup trucks, all from behind, only 2 ever had insurance, always had to battle with them and it still cost me some money.
It's a 93 with just over 14000 miles on it. Probably lucky it was a smaller car, it basically folded the bike out from under me so I was sitting on the right side of the bike after it happened. I don't even want to imagine a pickup:/

K&N filters
MF-AGM Battery
93' VN750 / 13,600mi
Vestal, New York
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 06:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifemaker View Post
Yes, consider yourself lucky you were not hurt. A freind at work just found out his brother in law was rear ended 2 nights ago while riding his bike.

He is in a coma, badly fractured skull , has a punctured lung and various abrasions and breaks. They can't opperate on him until he comes out of the coma...if he does.

No, he was not wearing a helmet.

KM
I usually wear jeans and a leather jacket when I go out, always a helmet. I do have two style helmets and usually wear the fullface. I know it could have been way worse, good luck to your friends brother.

K&N filters
MF-AGM Battery
93' VN750 / 13,600mi
Vestal, New York
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiervulcan View Post
Well for those of you that saw the fact I just picked up a second bike the same year as first one I bought, it may have been in the nick of time... Just got rear ended at a stop light, I am fine just so you all know.

I was watching the car pull up behind me as I always do. Car slows is almost stopped, then the front picks up and faster than I know I am on the ground.

I had a bit of a feeling about today... but it's nice out, needed cigs and had to stop at the bank. Got all that done and on my way home, BLAM. I was able to ride it back home. Cop suggested, if it felt ok, it did so I made my way home.

Going to get it to a dealer and have it gone over. Finally get nice weather and I'm down for a while...
Sucks dude, glad you're ok though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement