Lucky man in motorcycle wreck. (Please Watch) - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Lucky man in motorcycle wreck. (Please Watch)

This was on MSN a while ago. This man is damn lucky to be alive. Goes to show we all need to be aware of our surroundings.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...nrll&gt1=42010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 06:31 PM

Saw this on the news this morning. Unbelievable. Yeah, and unbelievable the a hole behind him who was driving with multiple driving infractions was still behind the wheel!

1986 VN 750
20,000 miles
MF Battery
Replaced Stock Turn signals
Starter Clutch
NGK plugs
MT66 Pirelli's
Seafoam
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 06:39 PM
Banned

Yeah, I saw this earlier; this guy must be an idiot.

Just FYI for you guys that still don't have the whole defensive driving thing down:
If you ride a motorcycle on the interstate and suddenly have to slow down in the left lane, look behind you because you are probably about to be run over.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Ouch.

Lesson here folks is keep an eye on your mirrors, and don't slow down on the highway directly behind the car in front.

Had he been eye'n his rear view here, he might have been able to shoot ahead between the car in front that stopped and the guardrail on his left.

Twice in my life I had to do this.... Both times the road was wet and the car behind me locked their brakes and slid forward. Had I not positioned myself to the left and anticipated the car behind me braking late enough to keep an eye on the mirror I would have been in the same boat with this poor fellow.

Thankfully he survived.... The real fkup here is the driver that hit him "had no license and no insurance???".... They should serve time for this... Or.... Anyone got their address?

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

this might have never happened if the motorcycle had some "load pipes"?! just a thought. hmmm.

but, yeah, you REALLY got to watch your back when you are in traffic!

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
Crash aside ,I would have told the bride to be"give me back my ring".He survived the crash he could make it without her.You got to have your priorities in order.

call me cold ,but I gave in to demand like that once and ended up with no bike and a year or two later no wife either.

After that I got another bike and have had one ever since,It's pretty,goes any where I want,and never ask me where I've been ,doesn't care if I play with other bikes and never accuses me of being lost.It is even better than a dog or my horses were .The only time it eats is when I ride it and I always get to pick where I eat and park.

OK, end of hijack,it bites that the guy that hit him was even on the road,this was preventable ,even foreseeable to the court system.

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X

Last edited by denny6006; 04-26-2011 at 07:30 PM.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Giggity!

Garage
Ok, first thought. That's really F'd up that the no licence, uninsured motorist get's off so easily. I've been hit by 4 uninsured motorists & I wanted to beat the snot out of all of them. I got Fukd because they're A-holes. It so has to stop. Thank god he's alive but I bet he got stuck with the med bills or at least dealing with his insurance company about the whole damb thing. Just totally sucks.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger View Post
this might have never happened if the motorcycle had some "load pipes"?! .....
I bet the "whistle tips" would have helped......... WOO WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 12:34 AM
Daily rider

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger View Post
this might have never happened if the motorcycle had some "load pipes"?! just a thought. hmmm.

but, yeah, you REALLY got to watch your back when you are in traffic!
I highly doubt it. The cyclist was slamming on his brakes (thus the smoke). The bike wouldn't have been making much noise other than the skreeching of the tires. The guy in the car that hit him was undoubtedly not paying attention at all.

2017 Indian Roadmaster (current ride)
2003 VN1600A (Traded August 2017 to #1 son for a Bushmaster AR)
2001 VN750 bought 4/19/08 w/2309 miles(Sold April 2010 with just over 12,000 miles)
VROC #33035
__________________________________________________ ________________
Just when I thought I was winning the rat race, somebody moved the finish line!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
Banned

I saw that he had locked the rear tire up. If he had been watching his mirrors, he may have been able to have swerved and not gotten hit. He had slowed down quite a bit when he was hit. And I believe the cager that hit him was NOT paying ANY attention, hence the 3 citations. Here it's an automatic ride to jail for those.
Here in Idaho we have the option to have under-insured & non-insured on our insurance policy for that very reason. If we get hit by someone like that idiot, we would be covered because he wasn't. We also have the option for medical on ourselves and our passenger, and we can pick the limits above and beyond what our state requires.
I have 100K for the non & under insured, and 25K medical for both myself & passenger.
It runs a little higher, but I am a firm believer that it's worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement