What do you do when... - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Noob.

What do you do when...

Some dip**** is riding your ass while you're on your bike? If it becomes a consistent issue with the same driver, I toss check balls, or change at them until they get the idea. Its seems that 95% of the people that do it are women on their cell phones, or are just in a hurry...like the lady today, who almost put her bumper up my ass at a red light. Anyway...Im curious as to how some of you guys handle situations like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 07:36 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

if im on a two lane street, i change lanes and let them pass, if i'm in town, i'll just turn off on some side street, go around the block. really cant see how throwing something at them helps, all it would do is piss them off, and run my ass over.

Jeff Brooks
Owensboro KY
'94 Vulcan 750

http://youtube.com/user/cm4cm5
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 07:41 PM

I'd get the hell out of the way

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 07:56 PM

Swerve like you're an inexperienced rider, it'll wake them up and in most cases they'll give you a little room
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Noob.

Well this usually only happens when Im in traffic, and switching lanes doesnt help because they'll just ride my ass in the right lane too. I ride up an down hwy 98 that goes through the florida panhandle, and the drivers out here are literally some of the dumbest, most rude, piece of **** drivers Ive ever come accross. So much for that famed southern hospitality, I guess. I tossed a quarter at some old fancy pants prick in a brand new ford taurus who was riding mine and my stepdads ass like he wanted us to get over, knowing good an damn well that we couldnt, so I threw a quarter behind me and watched it bounce up into his windshield, and he got the message pretty quick. Eventually he got in the slow lane and when we came up to a light next to him he didnt even have to balls to look over at me. Im normal to light traffic, if I see someone coming up behind me, then Ill get over, just because its common courtesy, but when I cant, and someones trying to force me to go faster, then I lose all my patience. If they wanna run me over, oh well.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Noob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdaddy View Post
Swerve like you're an inexperienced rider, it'll wake them up and in most cases they'll give you a little room
Ive actually tried that....I figured they'd think I was drunk or something, and give me some space, but these people out here, man, they're just idiots. They just dont care, I guess.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 09:32 PM

I hit the brake gently so light comes on and off multiple times, I slow down then go fast, slow down then go fast. happens at least once a week. This causes the driver behind to switch lanes because they become annoyed.

www.vulcanriders.us scuba
vn750.com scuba
vulcanforum.com scuba54220
vroc.org VROC # 32658 (scuba)
1984 kz750 ltd
1982 yamaha maxim 750
2002 nomad trike
1978 suzuki 250
1964 harley amf
1987 yamaha venture 1300
1984 honda silverwing
custom exhaust
custom mirrors
custom grips
custom floorboards
ride-on tire sealant
corbin seat and backrest
custom exhaust
willie & max saddle bags
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Giggity!

Garage
I think we're playing with fire here. I totally understand your anoyance with the situation But I strongly suggest you think twice about tossing anything at anyone. SO many people loose they're minds driving any more. I'm not saying roll over & be walked on I'm just saying, be weary of who you could be pissing off.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 10:08 PM

When I come to a stop or a stop light I always leave room in front of me. At least 2/3rds of a "bike length", preferably 1. I always look in my mirrors to try and see if the guy behind me will stop or hit me. When I see the guy approaching I rev the bike up a little and slip the clutch a bit... if he's gonna hit me, I can move forward fast. It may not be fast enough to dodge someone if they're coming in fast, but fast enough to diminish the force of the hit at the very least.

When I'm moving I either try to change lanes or try signaling with my left hand to back off. Of course, I understand EXACTLY what you mean, cause there's only idiots driving in this town... most times they don't give a damn and don't back off.

There was this one particular guy that I completely lost it with.

I was riding on the slow lane, paying attention as I'm supposed to... and this guy was double parked. I immediately get on the farthest point in the lane from him but I couldn't change lanes or stop safely at that precise moment. I see him trying to get into the lane without even looking if someone's coming at him. I use my horn to let him know I'm there. Just a simple "beep". The azzhole just swerves his car at me intentionally! Now this is just completely unacceptable, this idiot is intentionally trying to hit me! So while I agree it would have been wiser to let it go, I turned left (I was in front of him) and I yell at the guy "why the hell are you trying to hit me azzhole?" so he's all pissed off like it was my fault and yells whatever crap he thought of at me and motions like he's stopping and getting out of the car and stuff. I stop and park my bike and I'm thinking "he is NOT gonna try to hit me intentionally, call me names, pick a fight with me and get away with it!" so I stop and wait for the idiot to get out... he shuts his door closed and takes off still yelling stuff at me.

I was even gonna follow him and kick his ass (or try, I'm not a kung fu master or anything lol) but that's when I drew the line and said "ok he chickened out when I parked the bike, enough is enough". I was still furious though... got off the bike shaking with rage.

I know it's not the right thing to do, but it's just not fair to have someone try to possibly kill you intentionally and on top of that yell $hit at you and just get away with it. I would have called a cop or whatever, but cops are just criminals with a license here, so I don't trust them in the least. I guess the most level headed thing I did in that moment was park the bike and wait for him to do something and not get off and start something. Not the best way to react, but at least I didn't do the worst either.

This is also why I HATE that we can't legally carry guns in Mexico :-/ bet he wouldn't try that stuff if I had a shotgun strapped to the bike, eh?

Ok, that was a bit long, but I had that on my chest for like two weeks now lol. Hell, I'm even angry typing it... anyway... back on topic lol.

Last edited by Ceal; 04-25-2011 at 10:11 PM.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 02:44 AM
Young Gun

Haha yea, I have a buddy that would keep some spare change in his jacket in case he ever caught someone's cigarette butt or drink cup in his face. He'd get in front of em and toss the change over his shoulder.

Maybe not the smartest, but I feel he was justified. He also rode a QUICK little Sportster and wasn't afraid to hit 120mph on it. I'm not sure the Vulcan could get me outta the way in time if the cager went berserk!

1990 VN 750
First (hopefully last) time in the shop:
Carb rebuild New brakes front and back New radiator fan
I've done:
Spline Lube New (used - non-leaky) Gas Tank New Fork Seals New Pirelli tires New Yuasa Maintenance Free Battery
Fresh Dexcool coolant Upgraded Shunt-type R/R (Relocated) Headlight Bypass Stator tested - PASSED
Clutch Swap - EBC Street Racer Frictions with new eBayed steels ACCT to MCCT conversion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement