What mods do you have/ whats your favorite mod? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

What mods do you have/ whats your favorite mod?

Just tossing this question out there, because of course mods/aftermarket stuff is how you make your bike yours So: What after market stuff is on your bike and what (if any) is your favorite?? Pics?!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 08:58 AM

Well I am certainly not the guru here but I throw in and these aren't all mods:

1) Seafoam - really keeps the 750 running well and keeps the carbs clean
2) Mainteance free battery
3) Battery tender
4) NGK plugs
5) LED turn signals & lights
6) HID Conversion kit
7) RR Relocation
8) Maintaining your Splines with every tire change (see Fergy's write up)
Then others will surely jump in with performance mods but the above will keep your vulcan running sweet and being reliable!

Here's a site to Bulldogs VN750 page. Nice reference info!

http://www.breyn.com/vn750/vn750.htm

1986 VN 750
20,000 miles
MF Battery
Replaced Stock Turn signals
Starter Clutch
NGK plugs
MT66 Pirelli's
Seafoam
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 09:13 AM
Patriot Guard Rider

I don't have a favorite single mod but there are 3 that go hand in hand to give her a unique look and they are: Drop shocks, seat and handlebars. See my signature for all of my other mods.

1986 Black Kawasaki Vulcan VN750 "Black KAWK"
VN750 #9300 & VROC #33453

EMGO Handlebar, V&H Exhaust, Drop Shocks, Raised/Painted Fork, MeanStreak Seat, Tank Bib, ME880 Oversize Tires, Engine Guard, Custom Mirrors, Chris Products Turn Signals, Ear Shave, 150/42 Jets, PINGEL Fuel Valve, MCCT, Volt Meter, Shendegen R/R, AGM Battery, Coastered, .020 Coils, Relo Gauges & Headlamp, SilverStar Ultra, LED Flashing Brake Light, Center Stand Delete, WOLO Airhorn.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 09:43 AM
Old Fart

Garage
Easy. Seafoam is not a mod by the way...nor is an AGM battery...those are neccessities for the bike.

For the rider there are three things I consider nesseccities:

1.New seat. The stock just sucks. I got a Corbin and loved it.

2. Floorboards. Not tooting my own horn here, but after you have them you can not ever see going back to the stock pegs.

3. Windscreen. Can be a small one or a large one...but anything that gets that wind blast off your chest will do the trick.

Everything else is just luxury items you could live without, GPS, Radio, Driving lights, etc...but still nice to have.

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Fire Axe Man

most of my mods are in my signature and pics are in my profile album feel free to take a gander and let me know what ya think>>> ape hanger bars by far the best mod so far but will tie with forward controls as soon as they are finished!!!

Just can't leave well enough alone...

86 vn750
Ears Shaved
Custom Exhaust
Custom Seat
Hardtail 3 1/2" drop rear
Custom turn signals
15" apes
Custom grips
Custom forward controls
Custom paint
many more mods to come
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 12:46 PM
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifemaker View Post
Easy. Seafoam is not a mod by the way...nor is an AGM battery...those are neccessities for the bike.

For the rider there are three things I consider nesseccities:

1.New seat. The stock just sucks. I got a Corbin and loved it.

2. Floorboards. Not tooting my own horn here, but after you have them you can not ever see going back to the stock pegs.

3. Windscreen. Can be a small one or a large one...but anything that gets that wind blast off your chest will do the trick.

Everything else is just luxury items you could live without, GPS, Radio, Driving lights, etc...but still nice to have.

KM
Gotta say I'm sorta bassackwards, good seat yes, hated floorboards, don't want a windscreen, car has one, GPS when I'm in the mountains solo and lost is a bit better than nice...lol... And anything that makes it run & handle better...
Maybe, I'm totally bassackwards...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Sparky!!!

Garage
Dropped the rear 3" with a custom lowering bracket, ear shave, slim's custom fuse box (requires an ear shave), custom wiring harness, custom seat and sissy bar, the list goes on...
Anticipated mods in the near futer.. Larger gas tank, batwing fairing, GPS, Chatter Box Bike to Bike communication system, Metzer oversised tires, hard bags, trunk, floorboards... the list again goes on and on..

Out of all the mods I have done so far, my two favorite have to be dropping the rear, and the ear shave... both had a great improvment on handeling and power.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 01:03 PM
Drive less, ride more...

For ideas on mods, you can look at the link below in my signature.

If I had to shoot from the hip (so to speak), I'd say that either a windshield or a throttle lock would be the ones I'd most recommend. Both are indispensable on a long trip. The throttle lock really extends your range and reduces your fatigue factor on a long ride.

Knifemaker (see above post) is absolutely right. The factory seat is probably the worst thing about this bike. It is generally uncomfortable for any real length of time. Also, the "buttontuck" upholstery pattern traps dirt, dust and water when it rains or when giving the bike a bath. Totally stupid.....

'05 VN750

For other bike pix & mods, go to:
http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/...k/VN750%20pix/
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 01:06 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

The floorboards certainly add a lot to my comfort while I'm riding, I can move my feet around and to me it makes a big difference. I really feel good about my airhorn and the look of the plaque I made to cover up where the OEM horns were mounted. The saddlebags make it so much more convenient to carry crap around. I also hooked up a harness and jack to my battery, which sits inside the right side cover so in the winter if I need to boost or charge the battery, I don't need to remove the seat to get to it. I just pull the cover out a little and reach in and pull out the jack so I can plug in my battery charger. That stuff works for me.

2003 Wine/Gray VN750 bought in 2005 w/2000 Miles
LED Tail/Brakelight & License Plate Light;Chrome Inspection Sticker Plate ;Battery Charging Quick Plug;Kuryakyn LED Battery Voltmeter;Throttle Rocker Palm Rest;Optronics Driving Lamps;KnifeMaker Floor Boards;Halogen Headlamp Bulb;OEM Engine Guard;Iridium Spark Plugs;OEM Luggage rack;Stebel Air Horn;Handlebar Clock; Handlebar Thermometer; Sealed Battery; Marbled; Leather Grip Covers; Rectangular Mirrors

~VROC~ # 389
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Fire Axe Man

I agree with the windshields are for cars idea... just my opinion i know they work great, but i like the wind on a bike i guess

Just can't leave well enough alone...

86 vn750
Ears Shaved
Custom Exhaust
Custom Seat
Hardtail 3 1/2" drop rear
Custom turn signals
15" apes
Custom grips
Custom forward controls
Custom paint
many more mods to come