just a comparison - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Concert connoisseur

Garage
just a comparison

on how our forum is the best. I recently joined vroc and am a member of the yahoo group. although I have spent little time on vroc yet there are tons of post on everything and am not liking the many different numbers of thread and locations.
one big thing I noticed though was

vn750.com 9,565 members
vroc almost 34000 members

vn750.com most users online at once = 217
vroc = 50

what a busy little group we are!!!

1986 vn 750 aka "Huck Farley"
42,000 miles
Rick's stator and rr
Tuxedo stator cover mod
pickup coil mod
dampers replaced
agm m/f battery
Harley sportster exhaust, degoated
Hid conversion
splines lubed
custom "vn750.com" grill cover
NGK Iridium spark plugs

acct to mcct mod https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17917

rekeying locks, https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7309

stator replacement walkthrough, https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11369
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Patriot Guard Rider

From VROC's WIKI PAGE

VROC started out as a place where people first came together to talk about the newly-introduced Vulcan 1500 Classic. Certainly, the majority of the topics were about the great features and the quirks of the bikes. As time went on, talk naturally progressed from tech-only to more personal issues in an effort to get to know one another.

The discussion group does not have any formal moderation to keep topics on track. In other words, there's no one around who would make sure that people post their messages to the proper group. Setting up multiple non-regional groups would just confuse everyone, as people wouldn't know where to go to follow a thread.

1986 Black Kawasaki Vulcan VN750 "Black KAWK"
VN750 #9300 & VROC #33453

EMGO Handlebar, V&H Exhaust, Drop Shocks, Raised/Painted Fork, MeanStreak Seat, Tank Bib, ME880 Oversize Tires, Engine Guard, Custom Mirrors, Chris Products Turn Signals, Ear Shave, 150/42 Jets, PINGEL Fuel Valve, MCCT, Volt Meter, Shendegen R/R, AGM Battery, Coastered, .020 Coils, Relo Gauges & Headlamp, SilverStar Ultra, LED Flashing Brake Light, Center Stand Delete, WOLO Airhorn.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 01:52 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
I find both sites useful in their own way,it does take a little getting used to a different type of forum but,and this is from my own observation ,there are people of a wider variety of experiences over there, at least where motorcycles are concerned,if some one gets out of hand ,they will be told by someone they are no better than anybody else on the forum.

if you have an attitude,you will get put in your place and it seems as if they aren't as competitive about petty crap.it is about the riding and not what you ride.

sure ,they may be slower replying and don't seem to spend all their time trying to tear each other down as I have seen lately on here.They seem to be a looser knit group than here,But they also say what needs said and if some one gives an answer to a question ,if it appears to be right every one doesn't jump on the band wagon and try to prove who knows the most.

In short they ride more and talk less, but as well as I like this board it has gone downhill as of late concerning good manners and civility.

There are some on this board who think they know more and their views are more important than others and they have their own little following of minions to give them "atta boys" whenever they say anything.

I have been known to get excited myself on here from time to time and I don't post as much as I used to,except where the gathering is concerned and I am just looking forward to that,I can't help my self .

Now if something is posted where some one needs to know something,I will try to help by offering what I know has worked and how to trouble shoot something the simple way,before trying all the hard stuff.

There are differences between the two forums but I like them both.Sometimes you learn a lot by watching and listening to how people act and learn from them,NOT to act that way!!!

Seriously though, if we want to keep this the most friendly board on the net,we are going to act friendly and practice treating people the way we want to be treated.

There are some members who never post on here anymore and some that have changed rides and stay with us,I miss some of them Jacce bror ,Crobins 365 and Cliffhusn and wileysden,I don't pretend to know why they all are not on here but I do know some that have as friends on FB that talk to me that won't post on here anymore,due to being mistreated and belittled by other members,and some people just don't want to deal with conflict all the time.There are those on here that seem to thrive on trying to make others miserable.

If this offends some of you ,sorry ,you and I may be part of the problem.A little mutual respect for each other would be refreshing and more like it was when I joined.instead of the constant bickering.If I had enjoyed that I would still be married.Denny

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X

Last edited by denny6006; 04-08-2011 at 01:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement