Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

What is this bike?

4K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  Old Dog 
#1 ·
#3 ·
The frame has the lines of a Harley Softail, but the engine cylinder heads don`t look like any H-D I have seen.

Maybe KM is right and it is Chinese clone. :confused:

#4 ·
It highly favors an earlier Vn800 custom or a Vn900,if that is in fact a belt drive I see and after a third look it appears as if it is a honda 750 Sprint which were chain drive with the softail frame.Definitley not a Harley

#5 ·
here it is from the other side it's a mid 90's Vn800 classic, it was chain drive too

#6 ·
#7 ·
That vn800 tank badge is close in shape to the one on craigslist.
The rest of the bike is similar too from what I can see.

#9 · (Edited)
same model,good bikes when they left the dealership I worked for, we never saw them much after that i know they were made back in the 90's up to whenever,

They were also sold with the fat fenders and tires .Why everybody selling one calls them a 750 I don't know

#21 ·
By Vietnamese.:)

#11 ·
So, are these people so stupid they don't even know what size the bikes are? I mean, come on....

#13 ·
whenever I don't know or don't want to answer I say.....No English!!!!!

#14 ·
People are strange. Saw another CL add the other day, "Kawasaki cruiser". No pic. No year or model or engine size. Went on & on about all things done to it recently, but no real info. I used to pester the dumbest ones, but there are too many!!

#15 ·
What was that Johnny Cash song...??? About the car he carried out one lunch bucket at a time, or something...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

#17 · (Edited)
#18 · (Edited)
OHC, I wasn't tryin to hi-jack the OP's thread, just suggestin that maybe he (the seller) built it the way Johnny did in the song...lol... But I couldn't think of the title... Thanks...:beerchug:...
PS-I should have ask if the CL advertiser maby did like Johnny Cash...lol...

#19 ·
OHC, I wasn't tryin to hi-jack the OP's thread, just suggestin that maybe he (the seller) built it the way Johnny did in the song...lol... But I couldn't think of the title... Thanks...:beerchug:...
I was just funnin` with all ya`all about the hijack OD. (Notice the smiley face)

#20 ·
It's definitely a VN800. The dead giveaway is the curved chrome side piece that you'd mount the saddlebags to. It is the same piece on every 800. I've had a couple people tell me they were 750's also! One guy was still riding his and the other had previously owned it and said something about the chain drive, so I suggested it was an 800 and he was like, "Oh yeah, that's right, an 800". I went to look at a 750 that was basically a basket case that the guy wanted 600 for and it was an 800, not a 750. Dumb people.

Pulled up next to a guy I vaguely knew out in the hill country one day. I said "Hey Barry, I didn't know you were a biker. What's that? An 1100?" (It was a V-star) He says "No it's a 750!" I said, "No, it must be a 650 cause they don't make a 750 V-star." I felt like saying Man you're dumber than you look!

How can someone not know what they're riding? :wow:

#25 ·
nah,I'd say more blunt.LOL:smiley_th

#27 ·
I haven't, but then I've been incommunicado for a while.

As for the VN800, it's a sleeper, people. Too many try to ride it like a Harley; it ain't a f****** low-revvin' Hog. The 800 _likes_ high rpms. Don't try to run it in 4th or 5th in town; second or third up against the rev limiter--and hit the rev limiter in the lower gears before shifting when accelerating onto the freeway off the on-ramp. Keeps the carbon off the plugs, and the bike happy.

Some minor intake work really wakes it up--and keep the valves adjusted, damn it. It ain't got our hydraulic lash adjusters; follow the maintenance schedules, hammer it once in a while, and she'll stay happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.