Bringin the 750 out early, whether I want to or not - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 02:53 AM Thread Starter
Young Gun

Bringin the 750 out early, whether I want to or not

Long story short: Last night a guy ran his red light in front of me and I T-boned him in the intersection. His F150 faired pretty good, my Bonneville, however...

Seemed pretty cut and dry, until this morning when he denies everything and says it's my fault. Insurance company says it's word against word.

So, anyone got any spare lube? I don't see this going well.

On a different note, it looks like I may be getting another vehicle soon. I've been wanting to get back in a (smaller) truck, like a Tacoma.

Does anyone know of any forums as awesome as VN750.com for a model of truck? -It would be a selling point for me.

1990 VN 750
First (hopefully last) time in the shop:
Carb rebuild New brakes front and back New radiator fan
I've done:
Spline Lube New (used - non-leaky) Gas Tank New Fork Seals New Pirelli tires New Yuasa Maintenance Free Battery
Fresh Dexcool coolant Upgraded Shunt-type R/R (Relocated) Headlight Bypass Stator tested - PASSED
Clutch Swap - EBC Street Racer Frictions with new eBayed steels ACCT to MCCT conversion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 03:37 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
NAXJA is a great forum for Jeep Cherokee and Comanche's There are a lot of Toyota, Nissan, Dodge Ram, and Ford F-Siers and Ranger Forums as well...
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Old Fart

Garage
If you had no witnesses...you're screwed. The good part is .... if you got the drivers address when you exchanged insurance info...then you know where he lives.

So, in a few months, you can have yourself a "drive by" and even up the damage to his truck.

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifemaker View Post
If you had no witnesses...you're screwed. The good part is .... if you got the drivers address when you exchanged insurance info...then you know where he lives.
So, in a few months, you can have yourself a "drive by" and even up the damage to his truck.KM
Sorry about your bad luck... I'll not name any names, but I know a man that his 2 young sons went to china-mart to pick up a couple of CDs, and when they came out 2 big punks had their radio/CD player ripped out and were goin to their car... They ask for it back and they just laughed and ask what they wanted to do about it, well they did get a license number and turned it over to their dad, who in turn turned it over to the cops who did absolutly nothing...lol... Well someone didn't know their dad, the punks had even traded for a newer better car when he riddled it with full auto AK 47 holes... Bet they thought they might have pissed someone off...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Young Gun

It doesn't help that the guy is a big shot lawyer with a past that is pretty shady, to say the least.

William Session, lawyer for the Kansas City Port Authority, may get a visit from the feds

1990 VN 750
I've done:
Spline Lube New (used - non-leaky) Gas Tank New Fork Seals New Pirelli tires New Yuasa Maintenance Free Battery
Fresh Dexcool coolant Upgraded Shunt-type R/R (Relocated) Headlight Bypass Stator tested - PASSED
Clutch Swap - EBC Street Racer Frictions with new eBayed steels ACCT to MCCT conversion
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 02:50 PM
Daily rider

Garage
So, let me get this straight. You didn't check for witnesses, and wait for the police to come and do a report?

2017 Indian Roadmaster (current ride)
2003 VN1600A (Traded August 2017 to #1 son for a Bushmaster AR)
2001 VN750 bought 4/19/08 w/2309 miles(Sold April 2010 with just over 12,000 miles)
VROC #33035
__________________________________________________ ________________
Just when I thought I was winning the rat race, somebody moved the finish line!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmnet View Post
So, let me get this straight. You didn't check for witnesses, and wait for the police to come and do a report?
Lol, ok, a few more details...

Just remember,
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc_matt View Post
Long story short
I warned you

Driving home from work about midnight Thursday night. It had snowed and the roads had been cleaned, but still slick. I come up on a green light a few blocks from my house. When I'm about 15-20 yards from the intersection a truck drives out in front of me. I slam on the horn and brakes but can't stop in time. Front of my car hits the side of his truck.

I get out, asked the truck guy if he even tried to stop. He says yes, he wasn't able to b/c of the snow. I call the cops. They tell me that they're not going to come - too many other accidents involving injuries, just make a report in the morning. I tell the guy to write down his info. There's another fellow who calls to me from the other side of the street. I talk to him and he says he saw everything "you had the green light" he says "I know how hard these situations can be". Gives me his name and number. Truck guy doesn't bother to talk to the witness.

I get the truck guy's info, he tells me he's a lawyer, leaves. I call for a tow. Call my insurance ppl. Google the truck guy on my phone to get home address and phone (he only gave me his office). Next morning I talk more with my insurance agent, give a recorded statement and the witness info. My agent calls his agent while I walk to the police station to file an accident report. I get a call from truck guy's agent. I give them a recorded statement and the witness info. Before I get off the phone his agent tells me that truck guy says I ran the light and everything is my fault (big surprise). She also says they've talked to the witness, who's story correlates with the guy in the truck. WTF? I ask if she is sure? She states "Yes, he had the vehicles a little mixed up, but says that the vehicle on 31st street (me) ran the light". She says they will be filing the damage claim against my insurance.

I'm utterly confused. I tried to call my agent back, she's not in. I did find out that she had also talked to the witness, but not what was said.

"Yes he had the vehicles a little mixed up, but says that the vehicle on 31st street (me) ran the light" -it sounds to me like the witness got the streets mixed up, not the vehicles. IMO, it's easier to remember which car did what and maybe get the streets confused...

Long story even longer... I went to the businesses around the intersection the next day to see if anybody saw anything or if they had cameras. No luck on either, everybody closed early due to weather. Just have to wait til Monday to talk to my agent, I'm still holding out hope on the witness. But even if he did get the streets confused and tells the cops this, his account of the events has been weakened.

1990 VN 750
I've done:
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

Be very cautious, after reading your posts, and the article on this DH, he may be the next president, sounds like he may be very well qualified...
Good luck with the witness...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

I hope the witness is just confused and hasn't been swayed by promises from the attorney.

I'm keepin' all the left over parts. I'm gonna use 'em to build another bike!

Old Blue
2001 Honda CMX250 Rebel acquired July, 2008

1987 VN750 project bike, acquired August, 2009, 33,000 miles and balancer sticking out of the case, currently awaiting attention and parts
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Young Gun

Yeah, I had all kinds of scenarios like that playin in my head. Even thought they may have known each other or something... Tryin not to think that way though, the guy on the street did genuinely seem like he wanted to help.

My agent did talk to him first, so I'll have to see what he told her.

1990 VN 750
I've done:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement