Are You Dreamin of Rides this comin Ridin Season...??? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

Are You Dreamin of Rides this comin Ridin Season...???

Dreamin, seems like that is about all I do anymore durin these winter months, maybe its because I don't have much to do except sit around and imagine my spring & summer rides... Bein retired and at my age you know it's not gonna last forever...lol...
So, I'm thinkin E. Tn., E. Ky. & western Va. & W.Va., the bit more mountainous country with twisties I have'nt rode yet, and also some I have rode... Like ride the Dragon and the Devil's Triangle again, 74 west out of Middlesboro Ky. and on to Tn. 90 to Morley Tn. again, alot of roads come to mind, some I could ride several time before they got old...lol......
I'm just thinkin, at my age if you're gonna, you better be a doin, or you'll be a draggin your cane instead of your pegs...lol...
Also thinkin if y'all have the gatherin at Shawnee again, that would be a good run for me to make, and get to meet you fine folks ...
What are y'all dreamin about these rough winter months...???
Kick in and lets hear about it...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 12:27 PM

Already made plans for a ride to Myrtle Beach, SC in June this year. Along the way, I hope to hit "the dragon," "moonshiner 28," and then the cherahola (sp?) skyway on the way back. Should be fun and REALLY lookin' forward to it. Anything else along that way I should be checkin' out?

John

1989 VN750
VROC#31798

I'm bad with names. May I just call you dumb?
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 12:38 PM

We are planning to head down to NW Arkansas and spend a few nights camping and the days riding. All of the roads down there are spectacular.

I would like to get back to Colorado, this time to ride off-highway on the DR400 Dual Sport that I haven't got yet...

"Shutting up rarely leads to anything bad"

Joe McAdoo
Springfield, MO
[email protected]
VROC # 28175
-2004 Vulcan 1500 Classic 22000 miles
-1995 VN750 (Back home again!) 25000 miles
-1995 Suzuki DR350 Dualsport 1720 miles

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

John, that sounds like a good plan... I have not rode The Moonshiner 28 but others that have say its great, and it looks to be on the map... I think that Cherohala out of Tellico Plains (Tn. 165 to NC 143) to the Dragon would be a great ride also...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 02:56 PM

Well, all I can do is dream about such roads... nothing near me like that, except for this big mountain called "La rumorosa" which I wouldn't dare ride on yet lol.

Roads on the U.S. side near me are alright and I would love to ride on them, but my visa just expired on January 25th and since I have no steady job right now, I'd just waste my money if I apply for another one.

So right now I suppose I'm hoping for a good, steady job so I can get my visa back and I can fix up my bike well enough that I can take any trip I want on it!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 05:01 PM

Hi to all,

Its been a long time since my last post. I am thinking of going abroad to Sicily with my 89`Vulcan 750 this coming mid June. I managed thanks to all information provided in this site to equip my bike with all the goodies such as TOC MCCT`s, Yuasa maintenance free battery, relocated rectifier and soon a volt meter. I have had this bike for 2 years now but only for the weekend blast, and had no real big problems so far. I was using a Vulcan 500 as my daily commuter but it had to go due to finances. Anyway the only thing that scares me is the stator/rectifier failing while I am abroad. Anyway I`ll keep you posted with Photos when I come back
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 08:29 PM

That's really cool! I would make sure to lube the splines before going over there, and maybe buy a spare regulator/rectifier to take with you. As far as the stator goes, if it ends up malfunctioning it will require getting the bike to a shop anyway, so it's your call on whether to take a spare or not... although a spare would make things easier if it were to fail.

All in all, I think the splines are the major thing to consider if you'll be putting on a lot of miles over there

Greatest luck with that, I'll look forward to the pictures!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 08:47 PM

Garage
Last year at this time I was waiting on the last Saturday in Febuary. It was the first RC race of the new season. A hobby of mine for 6 years. Then Feb 21st I bought my first motorcycle in 26 years, My brothers VN 750. Still ready to race the new RC Truggy that a had spent $2000 dollars on truggy, race engine, parts and so on, I was starting to kick arss and take names at the races. It got warm enough to enjoy taking the longer rides on the bike in April. Rc truck has been on the shelf sense the first 2hr ride. I never lost the love for a bike ride over the years, just for me the funds for a bike at the time with self employment and kids;; and then when the money got better other hobbies kicked in. Once back on the bike,,, SO READY FOR A GOOD DAY OF RIDING. And now that I've dressed it up so, I hope to spend even more time on it this year. I put 6000 mile on it last year mainly on weekends and only in a 5 county area
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Straight roads are evil

260 miles of twisty roads today. Tomorrow is more of the same. Dreaming? I'm living the dream!

The journey is the destination.

2006 VN750 (SOLD)
63160 miles
Mustang seat
R/R Relocate
MCCT
MF Battery
Red spark plug wires
Stainless Steel brake lines
Stiffer fork springs
Windshield
Givi bags, Wingrack mount
Voltmeter
GPS Mount
Pashnit sticker!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQPlayer View Post
260 miles of twisty roads today. Tomorrow is more of the same. Dreaming? I'm living the dream!
anyone from CA., you don't count! jjk lol

good for you! I'm glad SOMEBODY is out riding!

but your right, I am not dreaming, I'm planing! right now I'm working on the next "Iron Maiden Run-to-the-Hills Run"!

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!

Last edited by ruger; 02-05-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement