Frozen Vulcan - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Frozen Vulcan

OK, I know it's not as bad as it is elsewhere in the country, but here in the New Mexico desert on the US/MX border, it's 9 degrees and snowing! Looking out the window at my Vulcan and it's frozen in time out there.

My question is....where's all the global warming? I need to move there! I moved here from the north to get away from this! Hey Al, where are you!!!!!

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Old Fart

Garage
"Global Warmimg" is the cause of unusual weather patterns...meaning it can make cold places warm, and warm places cold...because it is upsetting the balance we are used to. It does not mean every place is going to warmer every day.

Iv'e been snowed in for 2 days here in the midwest. Oddly, the snow , freezing rain and sleet are not dropping down from the artic here as most winter weather does, but is pushing up from the south. I'd call that unusual.

And I told eveyone that we'd have a real cold winter, and they did not believe me. LOL

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

I saw on TV that we are going back to the weather trends of the late 70's and the early 1800's mini ice age.

Damn those 1809 Chevy Suburbans and 1809 Ford Expeditions!!!!!!

I'd be laughing out loud but my jaw is frozen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, you all up north take care.

Joe

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

There is nothing unusual, maybe a bit harsher than the last few, but its normal for seasons to be different, has been for centuries...
We had a 67* day and everyone said that that was global warming and had to be a record, our weather lady said, no that was not near a record, and it was 78* on that day in 1911...
I think Al opened too many bottles and got caught in his BS, even to the point that his wife left him...lol... They have already proved that a lot of that stuff was pure BS, and that a lot of stuff was doctored up... Maybe Al can come up with something else, so DuPont or some other big company can give him another jillion $$$$$ to do away with our $0.88 cans of freon, or something else, like maybe our light bulbs are what is causin something...lol...
Most here in Tenn. know that tribe, and if you will check he didn't even carry his home state in the election, there was a reason...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 12:44 PM

I remember the weather back in the 70's. The snow would get so deep up here in Maine they would allow snowmobiles on the roads where cars and 4X4's couldn't even go in the stuff. The snow would be over the tops of the snow plows and they couldn't wing it off the roads. The power would be out for days but with a wood stove and a wood burning cook stove we were warm and fed. My kind of weather! haha I can remember as a kid after shoveling off the roof to reduce the weight strain, sitting on the shovel at the peek and sliding off a 1 story house and having only a short 3 foot drop to the snow banks. There were times we were LITERALLY snowed in. Had to climb out a second story window to shovel out the doors so we could get out. Wish I could find the pics we had from those days. The good old days. Now we are lucky to get 2 feet of snow.

01' VN750
Jardine cross over exaust
Kyriakin grips and foot pegs
Modified seat and backrest
Windshield
Luggage rack
Crash bar with Kyriakin pegs and extensions
Kumho 758 165/80-15 CT rear Dunlop 404 110/90-19 front
Coastered and air/fuel screws at 2.5 turns
Spline lube

93' VN750 getting TLC
Decals and mirrors
ACCTs to MCCTs
Degoated with Harley mufflers
Duro 110-90-19 front 150-90-15 rear
Pick-up coils at .020
Spline lube
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Linkmeister Supreme

Well Baldy, after living through winters like that, I should declare you an honorary Canadian.

Or maybe you should make me an honorary Mainer!!

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Old Truck Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlHossCanada View Post
Well Baldy, after living through winters like that, I should declare you an honorary Canadian.

Or maybe you should make me an honorary Mainer!!
I will declare ya'll insane!!!! LOL.

02 honda sabre 1100
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 03:14 PM

Thank you Hoss. I thought Canada had the same weather as us Mainers being further North?

They say that Maine is the tailpipe state, where as ALL or most of the jet streams converge and all the weather comes through Maine before going out to sea. That is why we used to get so much snow years ago. If it rained in WA. we would get snow, If it rained in CA. we would get snow, if it rained in TX. we would get snow.....etc. As a matter of fact some of the storms come down from Canada as well. This storm we are getting now came from the gulf of Mexico and AZ. The only downfall is that we get all the crap that is put up in the air too (pollutants) but thankfully we have hundreds of thousands of acres of trees that filter out most of the bad [email protected] lol

I dub you honorary MAINAH. Now you gottah learn ouah language. All I have to learn is AY.....correct...oops I mean AY? lol

So now that I am an honorary Canadian can I cross the border without a passport???

Niterider the proper terminology for us Mainers is Maineiacs but yeah insane is in the ballpark. lol

01' VN750
Jardine cross over exaust
Kyriakin grips and foot pegs
Modified seat and backrest
Windshield
Luggage rack
Crash bar with Kyriakin pegs and extensions
Kumho 758 165/80-15 CT rear Dunlop 404 110/90-19 front
Spline lube

93' VN750 getting TLC
Decals and mirrors
ACCTs to MCCTs
Degoated with Harley mufflers
Duro 110-90-19 front 150-90-15 rear
Pick-up coils at .020
Spline lube
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
I remember the weather back in the 70's. The snow would get so deep up here in Maine they would allow snowmobiles on the roads where cars and 4X4's couldn't even go in the stuff. The snow would be over the tops of the snow plows and they couldn't wing it off the roads. The power would be out for days but with a wood stove and a wood burning cook stove we were warm and fed. My kind of weather! haha I can remember as a kid after shoveling off the roof to reduce the weight strain, sitting on the shovel at the peek and sliding off a 1 story house and having only a short 3 foot drop to the snow banks. There were times we were LITERALLY snowed in. Had to climb out a second story window to shovel out the doors so we could get out. Wish I could find the pics we had from those days. The good old days. Now we are lucky to get 2 feet of snow.
LOL I remember the late spring of '71 in Nebraska's Sandhills. We woke up one morning after having a 70deg. day the day before and found snow up to the rooftop. Had to climb out the second story window of the ranchhouse. Took 2 hours to dig out the snowmobile! Poor cattle were bunched up in a draw and we spent the entire day getting hay to them. This was on MAY 13TH!
I'm old enough to know that it all runs in cycles and Mr. Goron was smart enough to become wealthy on a stupid rumour. What is funny is that when they went to Switzerland (McCain and Al and some other pols) to see the result of the glaciers melting, what did they find? They found ancient stone building remains and tools and earthenware. This proved that the melt had occured before many centuries ago. The Warming characters did what they could to keep that hushed. Just let them spout and whine as it will all be proven wrong. Just hope they are around to be embarrassed by their idiocy.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 03:19 PM

+1 on the insane declaration lol.

You know global warming is BS when the hole in the ozone layer is actually getting smaller and not bigger (and it IS getting smaller).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement