Great Christmas - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-26-2010, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Great Christmas

After years of getting the usual winter sweater I finally decided to give my wife a list with websites, part numbers, sizes, etc... and got my high intensity conversion light, a nice leather jacket and some new over the ankle hiking boats that will be great to ride in. Hope you all had a great Christmas as well.

Now I need some good weather to get out in the garage and start working on the bike!

1986 VN 750
20,000 miles
MF Battery
Replaced Stock Turn signals
Starter Clutch
NGK plugs
MT66 Pirelli's
Seafoam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBikeNewRider View Post
After years of getting the usual winter sweater I finally decided to give my wife a list with websites, part numbers, sizes, etc... and got my high intensity conversion light, a nice leather jacket and some new over the ankle hiking boats that will be great to ride in. Hope you all had a great Christmas as well.

Now I need some good weather to get out in the garage and start working on the bike!
I have always been like you and didn't really care what I got either ,But like you i scored big with a very nice Leather jacket with armor and out of the blue my Nephew got me an antique pipe stand with Glass and wood in the 40's.Along with the usual stuff .But that all pales in comparison to a report from My brothers Pet Scan that he is cancer free in his lymph nodes and throat and tongue,The only downside is we have to go back Wed. for him to have an MRI to check a spot on his Humerus(thigh bone) and two on his lower back on his spine .These two may be arthritis showing up as inflammation ,we just don't know until later this week.

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Linkmeister Supreme

Quote:
a nice leather jacket and some new over the ankle hiking boats that will be great to ride in. --OldBikeNewRider
It takes some of us guys a while to clue in to tell folks what we really want eh, OBNR.
I`m curious to see how those new hiking boats work for riding. LOL

I got Hough`s second book, "More Proficient Motorcycling-Mastering The Ride", and a pair of "Crampbusters" for the grips. Maybe the girls will get me Hough`s other book, "Street Strategies" for my B-day in April.

Denny, it is great to hear your brother is cancer free. I hope the MRI is good news too.

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Jack of all trades

sounds awesome.
i kinda lucked out as well, i got a cordless one hand reciprocating saw and driver combo. a new tool bag (that makes about 9 in my collection) and an awesome SAMCRO shirt.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 07:11 PM

in my santa stocking was a new weber bbq kettle version a air hockey table and a book and my son got lego technic but i have found i am playing with it a fair bit back to my childhood lol

bike
1986 vn 750
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 11:57 AM

Denny, glad to hear the great news about your brother. Fingers crossed for more good news.

Everthing on my list was motorcycle related, like parts and stuff. I didn't get any of it but I did get a german style helmet. The only problem with that is, the padding is so thick I look a giant mushroom head - or worse. I got a couple harley t-shirts which I obviously can't wear (my sis, bless her heart). I got a badass digital camera though and I love it! I had a blast with the fam and EVERYBODY showed up to my parents place on the 25th so I could catch up with everyone.

New Years rocked too. I was out on a boat on the Delaware at Penns Landing drinkin' beer and watching the fireworks on the river from the river. It was fantastic!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 03:14 PM

Re- Re- Re- PORTED!!!!!!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Unk

Always love the holidays and get a little bummed when they're over. I like winters here in Florida too as they remind me a little of where I grew up.

My wife got an unexpected bonus this year and was going to buy me an iPad. I'd rather wait for the next gen so she gave me the cash and said to use it for the Vulcan. Having a blast with that!! I have ear shave goodies on the way from Ron and other parts are trickling in here and there. I looked at a sandblast cabinet at Harbor Freight today and will probably go and get one tomorrow. I hope to have another vintage car to work on one day, for now it will help with bike bits. The night before last I received the garage door insulation kits I ordered and installed them. While we can get several nights of hard freeze here it can help. The summer is when I'm expected the greatest difference, I hope.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 12:22 AM
Daily rider

Garage
Got a new iPod Nano under the tree this year, and a new pair of Wranglers. The best gift of all was that my son and daughter-in-law bought us airfare to go to Yuma, AZ to spend Christmas with them and their children. It was a blast spending time with my 3 yr old granddaughter, and getting to know my 3 month old grandson.

2017 Indian Roadmaster (current ride)
2003 VN1600A (Traded August 2017 to #1 son for a Bushmaster AR)
2001 VN750 bought 4/19/08 w/2309 miles(Sold April 2010 with just over 12,000 miles)
VROC #33035
__________________________________________________ ________________
Just when I thought I was winning the rat race, somebody moved the finish line!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyPilot View Post
Denny, glad to hear the great news about your brother. Fingers crossed for more good news.
Yes Denny, good news indeed, so did the other tests turn out good also, we sure hope so...???
Have a good one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement