This is Sad--5 Cyclists Killed-- - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

This is Sad--5 Cyclists Killed--

Happened in Cal., read article...
http://www.10news.com/news/25784572/detail.html ...
I may copy this and it carry with me, so when I get stopped for speeding, I'll explain, I was only trying to be safe...
Not funny... Prayers for those Folks families...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 08:26 AM

That is sad...seems this should have been avoided by the hothead that couldn't wait. Hope they catch that sob!!

K&N filters
MF-AGM Battery
93' VN750 / 13,600mi
Vestal, New York
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 01:26 PM

From the comments, http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...cles-and-two-/ has more info.

To sum it up, a Honda was trying to pass a group of 12 bikes on a two-lane road. An oncoming Dodge saw the Honda coming at it and swerved off the road to avoid a head-on collision. The Dodge lost control and went back onto the road, hitting the bikes. At least 6 of the 12 bikes ended up involved in the accident. The Honda was undamaged and the driver didn't stop.

Not that it makes it any better, but it was 4 cyclists and 1 car passenger that were killed. 5 other bikers and the driver of the car were also injured.

I just found http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...that-killed-5/. The driver of the Dodge was apparently drinking too.

1985 VN700 A1 (Sold) | 2009 Ninja 500R EX500D9F
VROC #32761

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 01:53 PM

I had just read this before coming to this site. Really hope they nail that idiot. Mexicali, which is where the Dodge driver is supposedly from, is the nearest city to mine, about 240 miles from here. Not that I feel any sympathy for him... if he had not been drunk he might have been able to keep control of his car. He deserves some of the blame as well, especially for his passenger, who he was directly responsible for the minute she got in his car.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 06:40 PM

My sister in law was killed by a 5 time repeat drunk driver. Our family has never fully recovered. My prayers will be said tonight for bikers.

DT

95 VN750 (eBay)31k+
GL1100 front fender
OEM engine guard
OEM high back rest
'V-Twin' HWY pegs
Black 750 Spectre handlebars
SunPro Volt Meter (Amazon)
Maier bug shield (JCW)
Bar Ends anti-vibe (JCW)
Emgo air filters
Tank bag-Eclipse
Tail bag-FroZone Cooler
Back Rest-Igloo 6 pak cooler
WalMart Saddle Bags
R/R Relocate
Dry Splines Lubed
AGM DieHard-Sears
Gutted Goat
Sporster XL Mufflers
LED's-stop,tail,turn,marker
Pickup coil mod to .45mm
Silverstar headlight
Rotella T6
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 11:43 PM
Love My Baby

Sorry but I don't buy it that the drunk driver wasn't at fault because he was cut off by a speeding Honda. A sober driver would have swerved away and stopped, not get back on the road and cross over into oncoming traffic. Funny how there's no mention of this drunk driver's citizenship though the article does mention that he was from Mexico. Was he here legally?

I bet the speeding Honda was on a drug run from Mexico, but that's just geographical profiling. Boy, I sound predjudiced! But I really don't like people who don't belong here legally, driving drunk and killing people on our streets, or running drugs and putting everyone else in danger. SECURE OUR BORDERS NOW!!!

Rubyrick

MY BABY...
'05 VN750
16,000 miles +
Kawi tank bib
Kawi rear rack
Small windshield
DEKA M/F battery
VN750.com Grill Cover
LED license plate frame
Clear Alternatives LED brake light
Cortech mini tank bag on rear rack
Pirelli MT66 Tires: 110 front / 150 rear
Splines lubed when tires installed at 10,650 miles
Splines lubed again at 14,400 with stubby valve stem install

Place your mouse on the X below and drag to the O

X
Even though you can't see Him, GOD is there! O
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 01:45 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Send a message via Skype™ to KIMMERLING
I hope they catch that sob. If california would get the death penalty going...we could expedite his removal from the gene pool.

2011 Suzuki VSTROM DL650 with ABS Purchased Jan 28 now with 39,000miles WRECKED JAN 12 ,2013
"To strive, to seek, to find, not to yield."
05 Vulcan 750 26,050miles *Traded in*
Ventura guards
MadStadt mount
Givi windshield/Heated grips
Backoff
Riderbeads
Givi 52 topcase
Pat Walsh Crash bars skid plate
OEM centerstand
Headlight modulator
Battery tender
Aquarium thermometer with forward probe mount
Admore LED Lighting/Givi E36N panniers
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 01:53 AM

I don't think it has anything to do with securing borders or not. You can build a fence as tall and strong as you like, there will still be idiots on both sides!

I doubt the Honda was on a drug run... he wouldn't have been doing 90-100mph (as stated in the article), unless he had a few cops behind him... in which case, he wouldn't be missing.

Here's a couple points to think about.

1.- Being from Mexico does NOT automatically mean he was illegally in the U.S., especially in this vicinity. I go to the U.S. at least every week (and a LOT of people here go there legally as well) and I am not there illegally and I never break any law at all, not even any traffic law no matter how small.

2.- The fact that the guy in the Dodge was Mexican does not automatically mean that the guy in the Honda was Mexican as well. There is no description of him at all, other than him wearing a baseball cap... something done by people of all cultures.

3.- Contributing to racial profiling only contributes towards more and more hatred between our countries. I know some very cool people from the U.S. that are not prejudiced and don't treat Mexicans as criminals just for being Mexicans, and I'd like to think they are not a minority.

As a bonus point, if the demand for illegal drugs in the U.S. dropped or stopped, you wouldn't have to complain about so many people breaking the law to supply those drugs. Basically, if they stop using it then they'll stop selling it!

Last edited by Ceal; 11-15-2010 at 01:56 AM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 01:55 AM

Oh I do agree (like I said before) that the Dodge driver shouldn't have been driving at all and that if he had been sober he might not have lost control and would agree if he got manslaughter charges, which is what I think would apply (might be wrong since I'm definitely not a U.S. law expert).
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

Ceal wrote---"I don't think it has anything to do with securing borders or not. You can build a fence as tall and strong as you like, there will still be idiots on both sides!"
---True, but it would keep them separated...

Ceal wrote---"1.- Being from Mexico does NOT automatically mean he was illegally in the U.S., especially in this vicinity. I go to the U.S. at least every week (and a LOT of people here go there legally as well) and I am not there illegally and I never break any law at all, not even any traffic law no matter how small."
---Nothing is automatic, so maybe semi...lol... But.........Thank you, Thank you, but its a different story with the wetbacks...

Ceal wrote---"2.- The fact that the guy in the Dodge was Mexican does not automatically mean that the guy in the Honda was Mexican as well. There is no description of him at all, other than him wearing a baseball cap... something done by people of all cultures."
---This is true...

Ceal wrote---"3.- Contributing to racial profiling only contributes towards more and more hatred between our countries. I know some very cool people from the U.S. that are not prejudiced and don't treat Mexicans as criminals just for being Mexicans, and I'd like to think they are not a minority."
---I don't see the point, if you are lookin for a white 16 year old male, why would you stop and search a 70 year old black grandmother...????

Ceal wrote---"As a bonus point, if the demand for illegal drugs in the U.S. dropped or stopped, you wouldn't have to complain about so many people breaking the law to supply those drugs. Basically, if they stop using it then they'll stop selling it!"
---Then why would your people claim & blame the guns sold in America is what is causing the slaughters by your drug cartels...??? Personally I think it should be open season on any illegal drug maker or dealer, U.S. or Mexican...
As I understand once they get you hooked, you are hooked, thats why they consentrate more on the young... I think our Meth. makers could be stopped if the right sentences were dealt them...
But our courts and punishments have got so leanient that people don't care to go to prison because they have it easier there than out... Where did our rock piles and coal mines go...???
OK-Thats my 2 cents worth, and thats all it is, only my opinion, others have theirs...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement