Sold my VN750 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Daily rider

Garage
Sold my VN750

Well folks, it's been a good ride. I haven't been on here in awhile, but just wanted to let you know I sold my 750 back in April when I moved up to a VN1600.

Now, I'm kind of wanting to find another VN750 to turn into a bobber. That would be a fun project.

Here's a pic of my new bike with the wife's V-Star 950 Tourer.

And a pic of me with my 80 y.o. mother-in-law riding on Labor Day.
[IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/oTYGfSTftRhziFEMDyCGQR8wOce0Qp36zZEqr8jW*OgS8yqZ6V JH4fTA0jco7tBzHU38DdGu6-rqAxD5-P24vLnG7EYrytLn/joyce_n_kerry.JPG?width=737&height=552[/IMG] Or maybe not. Doesn't look like this thing is going to let me link to more than one pic in the post. No idea why. Well, if you copy and paste the link into your browser, you'll be able to see the photo.

Also, if you have not heard of it yet, check out this site: www.bikers-index.com. It's like Facebook for bikers.

2017 Indian Roadmaster (current ride)
2003 VN1600A (Traded August 2017 to #1 son for a Bushmaster AR)
2001 VN750 bought 4/19/08 w/2309 miles(Sold April 2010 with just over 12,000 miles)
VROC #33035
__________________________________________________ ________________
Just when I thought I was winning the rat race, somebody moved the finish line!

Last edited by ksmnet; 10-04-2010 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Trying to get a second pic to show up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 10:09 AM

Stick around anyway man, I did. Congrats on the new bike, those classics are great! Did it come with all that stuff, the drivers backrest, saddle bags, light bar, etc? Just curious, are you keeping the gargantuan wildshield?

Last edited by LibertyPilot; 10-05-2010 at 10:17 AM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

Hey, no sense abandoning ole friends, I didn't, even though I now have a Sportster and have to take a lot of Harley flack......
Both nice lookin rides there ksmnet......
I bought a Harley because it was a Sportster, I didn't buy a Sportster because it was a Harley...lol...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
Hey, no sense abandoning ole friends, I didn't, even though I now have a Sportster and have to take a lot of Harley flack......
Both nice lookin rides there ksmnet......
I bought a Harley because it was a Sportster, I didn't buy a Sportster because it was a Harley...lol...
^ Hey, whatever you gotta tell yourself to sleep at night is fine with us OD, really.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Daily rider

Garage
I bought the bike off an older gentleman who had a twin for his wife. She had arthritis in her hands, and was afraid it would get too difficult to work the brake and clutch - even though this bike has indexed levers. The brake and clutch operations are hydraulically controlled, so the levers can be adjusted to have as much resistance, or as little as you would like. I have them adjusted for more resistance, so it feels like I am doing something when I pull them.

The guy bought the bikes bare, then added the OEM Kawasaki windshield, lowers, light bar, and engine guard. He bought Boss Bags for both bikes ($900/pair - yikes!). I added the driver's backrest - real inexpensive via eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KAWAS...s#ht_685wt_958). It's a slick system. The backrest slips into the mount, and comes out for the passenger to get on.

The windshield may look large, but it's not as large as it looks. It's about 3" shorter than I would like it to be, and there's no protection for my hands. For that I'm going to have to get the National Cycle hand deflectors. I added the rail grips (like these: http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/produ...one-grips-rail, and the rail hiway pegs from JC Whitney. I also have an iPod mount from Leader Motorcycle

My wife's bike came the way you see it. Her windshield is even lower than mine, but she's shorter so it's not too bad. The V-Star has a lower seat height, but she's ridden my bike. Not bad for someone who had not ridden anything more than a 50cc scooter before this pas April. She tried to get into the MSF course this Summer, but all sessions were booked up. She even went to the last session to try and get in as a stand-by, but there were only a few open slots, and about 10 people ahead of her that day. She'll try to get in one next Spring. In the meantime, she's put on a couple of thousand miles, and is really riding well. The 250's they use in the course ought to be a snap for her when she can get in.
Oh, and Old Dog, I don't diss people with Hardley's. I just think the metric cruisers are engineered better. I've put 11,000 miles on this season, and the bike runs like new. Just put new Metzler tires on last week. Got just shy of 18,000 out of the OEM Bridgestone's. I think that's all pretty good for a bike I paid $5,300 for. Only had 7,900 miles on it when I bought it at the end of April.

2001 VN750 bought 4/19/08 w/2309 miles(Sold April 2010 with just over 12,000 miles)
VROC #33035
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmnet View Post
I bought the bike off an older gentleman who had a twin for his wife. She had arthritis in her hands, and was afraid it would get too difficult to work the brake and clutch - even though this bike has indexed levers. The brake and clutch operations are hydraulically controlled, so the levers can be adjusted to have as much resistance, or as little as you would like. I have them adjusted for more resistance, so it feels like I am doing something when I pull them.
So some old guy had a twin for his wife. I know twins are supposed to share but there are boundries man.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyPilot View Post
So some old guy had a twin for his wife. I know twins are supposed to share but there are boundries man.
Some folks have all the luck...lol...
ksmnet, I wasn't knocking your bike, the only reason I am not on another VN750 is because they quit making them, and I kinda got bit on the used one I bought, wouldn't near run with my 06 "Clyde" that I wrecked...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Daily rider

Garage
Ha! Good one, Liberty. I meant he had a twin bike for his wife.

VROC #33035
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Daily rider

Garage
I didn't take it that you were knocking my bike, O.D. I was just giving my $.02 about Harley's. I think they're great bikes, but they're overpriced. On any given day you can look on C.L. and see 100 or more new bike listings. A good percentage of them are Harley's. Now, I attribute a lot of that to the economy, and that most of these people mortgaged their lives to get their Harley. But, if you read many of the listings carefully, you'll find that a lot of them have maybe 20,000 or 30,000 miles, and have had the top end rebuilt, or the entire engine rebuilt. I ask myself, "Why?" I don't see anywhere near that many metric bikes that have rebuilt motors.

Just something to make you go, "Hmmmm......"

VROC #33035
Sponsored Links
Advertisement